• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

My connection to this is a personal one! I formally greeted bishop Daniel once!

Dear church family,

You may have heard about the controversy in Ukraine, with the Ecumenical Patriarch granting autocephaly and the Russian Orthodox Church protesting. Bishop Daniel, the bishop who consecrated our church, has been appointed as one of the exarchs who will oversee the transition. It’s amazing to think that the same bishop involved in this international, political, and ecclesiological controversy, is the one who consecrated a small Orthodox Church in rural Indiana.

Anyone can receive a wealth of wealth of information about this conflict on the internet from both sides of the issue and I encourage you to look into it if you want to be informed.

I have spoken to Bishop Gregory and to Father Sam, our dean. So far, the conflict has no effect on our relationship with any of our brothers and sisters in America.

Our bishop and our diocese is of course supportive of the move.

Let us all pray for a peaceful resolution and especially for peace for the people of Ukraine.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just goes to show that "Evangelicals" are a tainted group. It seems to describe more of a social network and political group than theological one.

Furthermore, it illustrates the woeful job the church is doing in instructing it's body with sound, theological teachings. We've replaced sermons with pep talks about, "how to get through life." The church is now an aid to help us help us, instead of help us glorify God (which is the chief end of man ;)).

Probably the most surprising answer is the nature of Christ (i.e. "First created being") - Mormons will be thrilled at this new path laid.

If you dig into the data, you'll see that RC's get them right more than not, so, T.Lex, you must be doing something right.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If you dig into the data, you'll see that RC's get them right more than not, so, T.Lex, you must be doing something right.

Yeah... just don't ask most RCs about Mary. The "short version" answers usually use the wrong words. ;)

I kinda felt bad reading the answers in that poll that were wrong, in that they do reflect IMHO a couple "reasonable" heresies. (Yeah, its probably a sin to suggest that.) That is, the ultimate nature of God the Trinity is a mystery. That humans have unsuccessfully tried to understand or intuit that nature is a given. Some of these failures are understandable, even if they are wrong.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Looks like the pope just met the devil.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/michael-moore-deeply-moved-after-meeting-with-pope-francis

QQ7ljX7.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom