• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Genetics play a huge part. My dad's family has a purely European ancestry. My mom's family has some European & some Native American ancestry. Everyone on my dad's side is fit as a fiddle. They eat crap & don't exercise. Everyone on my mom's side diets constantly & makes me look small. My sister is 6'-1" 140lbs. I'm 6'-3" 310lbs. We grew up with the same diet & I exercised a lot more than she did (rode my bike 4-8 miles per day with a buddy from age 10-16). If you haven't guessed it, I took some of the Native American genes while my sister didn't.

Think for just a second about Pacific Islanders. They haven't adapted to the now-prevalent European diet, but most eat it daily now. This has caused obesity epidemics in places like Samoa. People of European decent are already adapted to diets high in carbs, calories, and fats.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    When I'm actually at work(out due to my knee) I'm running around, climbing into attics, squirming around in crawlspaces, climbing up and down ladders. Lugging around boxes of cable, bending, twisting, squatting, etc. and I still weigh over 250 lbs at 5'10"

I rarely take a lunch at work and rarely eat breakfast in the morning, and that's probably the problem. My metabolism is screwed since I only eat when I come home from work. Some days I probably get less than 900 calories.

That's a problem a lot of us probably have, we could actually lose more weight if we ate more and spread it over the day.

mitchmoore1989

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Mooresville
    wow i love how a question turns into a full blown arguement! this is a fat guy here. i was tired of being a fat guy so i went to the doctor and asked him if there was something i could take to help me lose weight. and he perscribed me this stuff called Bontril. what it does is reduces your appetite and raises your metabolism at the same time so you burn more fat. it is about 40 dollars for a month supply i have found that cvs pharmacy carries the generic for half the price. any questions about it just ask.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    :+1:

Look at any of this guy's posts. He's a real piece of work. Welcome to my ignored users list "ihateiraq".

Even if being fat IS my fault (I'd say 50/50 given my habits and genetics), I would rather be fat than be an ignorant jackass.
    :+1:I'm not fat I'm fluffy....

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    a gym membership would probably be cheaper than special holsters/belts/clothes. a lot healthier too.

So basically, you saw a thread that did not apply to you, and decided to come in and post a negative remark.

There is an old word, dating back to the pre-internet days for that kind of person:

Troll.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I'm a little guy, 5'10" about 160.....but I love my big brothers and sisters right along with my little ones:D

The way I see it is that some people are fat by laziness and other are not. Either way that is fine by me, it is your life, chances are you know the pluses and minuses and if there is something you can do I hope you do. If not, lets go grab a big mac.

Seriously, why are people so freakin hateful to people?:dunno:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    i eat the worst food out there when im home. fast food, fried food, pastas...but i work out religiously.

heres the pity party...

You do know that research shows that heavy people that have good cholesterol levels, good glucose levels, and a healthy heart are less likely to have health issues than thin people that eat like crap, right?

I am overweight, but I eat healthy. I rarely eat fast food, fried foods, etc. I have good cholesterol, good blood sugar, and a healthy heart.

If you REALLY cared about your health, you would EAT healthy too, but you don't. Therefore I conclude that you work out for vanity sake, not for health reasons, which makes you even a bigger douchebag than you already are.

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    well, people dont choose their races. people do choose to consume mass amounts of food without exercising. if you have a medical condition that doesnt allow you to do any physical activity at all, i didnt mean to be offensive. but if you eat 4 or 5 big macs a day and your idea of working out is walking to the fridge for ice cream, dont expect any understanding on my part.

I always laugh at dumbass kids like you, because I was you once. 290's on all my APFT's, then you get out and real life sets in. Work, family, life... all takes away from that precious workout time. Arthritis and worn out ligaments take over and the gym and running shoes aren't as fun anymore.

You should take your judgmental attitude and shove it up your ass.

Last edited:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I always laugh at dumbass kids like you, because I was you once. 290's on all my APFT's, then you get out and real life sets in. Work, family, life... all takes away from that precious workout time. Arthritis and worn out ligaments take over and they gym and running shoes aren't as fun anymore.

...and I was worried that I went too far calling him a douchebag :D

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    The way I see it is that some people are fat by laziness and other are not. Either way that is fine by me, it is your life, chances are you know the pluses and minuses and if there is something you can do I hope you do. If not, lets go grab a big mac.

I hear ya, I'm 5'7 and 240. Bad knees and feet full or worn out ligaments and arthritis makes it difficult to move. But I play basketball during lunch for an hour 3 times a week, and jog 2-3 miles a couple times a week. I also swim and workout on the elliptical every now and then.

Situps are impossible :D, but I do some pushups here and there when the shoulders allow it and workout with weights. I still bench more than my football playing high schooler... for now. He's prepping for boot, airborne and Ranger school.

I'm fat, but somewhat fit. :chest:

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    Wow, this thread honestly just made me feel like I am part of society. I usually don't attend most get togethers of the forums I am on because of being a big guy, but this has opened my mind up to it alot. I am a overweight guy but would do anything to help someone in need, to me that is what makes a person/man not what he looks like but what he is made of.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Wow, this thread honestly just made me feel like I am part of society. I usually don't attend most get togethers of the forums I am on because of being a big guy, but this has opened my mind up to it alot. I am a overweight guy but would do anything to help someone in need, to me that is what makes a person/man not what he looks like but what he is made of.

:yesway:

:+1:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

And people think we are being overly sensitive when we say we have felt discriminated against. It does happen, and there have been hidden camera investigations that proved it.

The douche....uhm....gentleman in this thread just furthers the proof.

We should have a "fat guys only" INGO meetup at a buffet and watch the staff sweat! :D

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    And people think we are being overly sensitive when we say we have felt discriminated against. It does happen, and there have been hidden camera investigations that proved it.

The douche....uhm....gentleman in this thread just furthers the proof.

We should have a "fat guys only" INGO meetup at a buffet and watch the staff sweat! :D

...but I like Buffets too......

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I always laugh at dumbass kids like you, because I was you once. 290's on all my APFT's, then you get out and real life sets in. Work, family, life... all takes away from that precious workout time. Arthritis and worn out ligaments take over and the gym and running shoes aren't as fun anymore.

As they say, time wounds all heels. Let the young man enjoy his youngness. Time gets us all, in one way or another.

1985, 22 years old, just got married, 6'2", 230 lbs, buck sergeant in the 82nd Airborne Division. Pain, and body fat, and divorce, and failure, and sadness, and fear were all unimaginable to me, things experienced by lesser beings. I could drink all night, run all the next day, and make love all the next night. It doesn't last forever, as all cocky young punks will discover on their own. I feel a little sorry for that judgmental young man. Life's swingin' a haymaker at him right now, and he doesn't even know it. He'll be telling that story to a youngster like himself in twenty years.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    He probably was either a fat kid himself, or got beat up by a fat kid.
    Who knows where that kind of stupidity comes from :dunno:

I have a couple of shallow friends like that. One friend complained when his 5'2" gf gained 10lbs. I can see this guy being like that.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've said this before about the same guy, but you have to remember that -- on the web -- you can be whomever you want to be. He might be a fat dude or dudette himself, for all we know. I don't think I'm going to pay him any more attention.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom