• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    HAH! (I've been waiting for WEEKS to post that in reply to "help a big guy out" thread, honest!)

In all seriousness...I understand your delimma. I'm 6'3 and 285-ish, barrel-chested, but, unfortunately, getting a bit of dunlap disease.

I've carried 3 different pistols in the last 3 years, all IWB, and all in a High Noon Holsters Split Decision. All 3 of these guns are relatively small...and that helps quite a bit. KelTec P-11, Kahr CW-40, and now a S&W 642.

Carrying my gun behind my hip has been a life-saver; both in terms of all day carry comfort, but also when I'm in a situation where I have to squeeze my fat self into small chairs...chairs with arms, as you know, SUCK when it comes to carrying.

I've kind of learned to deal with it, though. Go to the movie theater? I'm gonna get caught on the arm when I get up. I just deal with it.

-J-

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I'm a big guy that can still get away with hip carry pretty easily, but at work I'm not allowed to carry and the hip is too chancy. I carry my Kel Tec Pf9 (previously a p3at) in my front pocket quite easily.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm a fat guy too...

I carry my J-frame under my left moob, cross-draw style.
    Thanks for my best laugh of the day, so far. Please understand that I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing because I was noticing this morning that my moobs are bigger than my wife's boobs.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Once my LTCH gets here, I'll be carrying my PT24/7 Pro C in a Kholster. I've worn it a lot around the house and it seems like it's going to work out just fine. I'm 6' 300.

On the belt issue, have you guys found any budget belts that are stiffer than normal? I don't have the guts to tell my wife I'm spending $60 on a damn belt lol.

She spends more than that on a purse or her 2,735th pair of shoes, I'll bet. :D

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Thanks for my best laugh of the day, so far. Please understand that I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing because I was noticing this morning that my moobs are bigger than my wife's boobs.

:D

I noticed that too.

Well, not about YOUR wife... But you get the picture.

My wife will sometimes tell me that she's jealous of me. I don't know whether to laugh or cry when she says that. :laugh:

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I tend to just die a little on the inside...:crying:
    Yes. I have a lot of shame about my weight. But I am happy that at least I have found a way to carry that works well. And as a side benefit, I found out that the sturdiness of the belt helps hold up trow, too.

Let's take joy in small victories, shall we?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Before I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, and had to start losing weight and exercising, my hooters were getting to be almost big enough to lick them. Cathy was getting worried, because if they'd grown just a bit more I may not have needed her any more :D

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Before I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, and had to start losing weight and exercising, my hooters were getting to be almost big enough to lick them. Cathy was getting worried, because if they'd grown just a bit more I may not have needed her any more :D

I think my new weight-loss plan is going to involve Joe Williams making me lose my appetite... :puke:

Thanks again everyone for the tips & suggestions. Great info!

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    This borders on disturbing. :):

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Kangaroo carry at www.deepcover.com , I carry a kimber .45 ultra pro under a shirt tucked in. When just a t shirt a carry a kahr .45 in a JS pocket holster. JSHolsters.com

Hope this helps

Latigo

I'm guessing you meant Deep Conceal, The Best Little Holster you will Never See. That doesn't look like it will make for a very convenient draw.

As far as pocket holsters go...do any of you know of a company that makes a pocket holster for a full size handgun like the XDm? Some of us fat guys have pants with HUGE pockets & could actually pull off a full size pocket carry.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I've seen those "armpit" holsters and wondered if I'd like them or not.

They have the t-shirt ones as well.

I'm afraid I would soak my Glock in sweat.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I'm about 5'10" 270-ish(though people say I carry it well) and I've been trying different configurations at home because I can't carry yet. I'll probably be going OWB with one of my loose shirts over it. Dark colors to mask an outline, but not so dark that it retains a lot of heat.

Also tried out an oversized UnderArmour baseball jersey unbuttoned over a more fitting T-shirt with a shoulder holster, that worked OK.

Cheap Bears jerseys work too. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom