• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Awful Waffle

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you were walking into harms way, would you carry a gun even if it was against the law:dunno:

This. But they are just going to say "I wouldnt walk into harms way."

I refuse to live my life afraid to go where I please. Am I going to walk through Brightwood at night wearing a KKK uniform? No. But if me and my buddy want to go explore a new city and go bar hopping, thats what Im going to do.

And before somebody else mentions it, I did not have a single drop of alcohol to drink.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    This. But they are just going to say "I wouldnt walk into harms way."

I refuse to live my life afraid to go where I please. Am I going to walk through Brightwood at night wearing a KKK uniform? No. But if me and my buddy want to go explore a new city and go bar hopping, thats what Im going to do.

And before somebody else mentions it, I did not have a single drop of alcohol to drink.

Most of these guy have a LTCH or open carry, why cause you want to defend your self from evil, why come down on Awful Waffle, he just wanted to defend himself in OHIO;)

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    So I shouldnt be allowed to protect myself and my family because I committed a misdemeanor and ignored a law that I thought was unconstitutional? That makes sense.
    I think a person who knowingly commits a crime and boasts about it on the Internet has no place being counted among responsible gun owners. If I were a moderator this is where I'd show you the door. Judging by your reputation here you're not welcome among us, I'd take the hint and move on.

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    If you were walking into harms way, would you carry a gun even if it was against the law:dunno:

If I have a choice, then I don't go into harm's way in a place I can't carry. If I'm forced to, like 30.06 places here in Texas, then no I do not carry my firearm. I rely on my situational awareness and my knife.

OP, I'm not saying that you are irresponsible. I just find fault with the "fight the power" attitude that people use when they carry guns where they legally are not allowed to.

Is it sad that we can't carry guns everywhere? Absolutely.

Will you illegally carrying a firearm help change the law? No. If anything, it will give fuel to the numerous anti-gun groups to make the laws more strict.

Chuck26287

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Anderson, IN
    Well chuck, It look like he'll surpass your post total with in 24 hours & you have been a :ingo: member for over 3 years, seem to me you don't really care enough to post here;)

I'll be the first to admit I don't post often. However, when I do, I try to make sure it's worthy of my time to post it, and the time of the others who read it. The purpose of my post, ironically, using the infamous purple for sarcasm for the first time ever, was to point out I think it makes INGO look less responsible to allow its forum to be a place to brag about breaking the law.

I read a post on another forum from a LEO speaking to others there about INGO. His comment was that our community was full of responsible and knowledgable gunowners. He specifically commented that the people over there (at INGO) are very knowledgable of the law. I thought that was pretty admirable.

I don't post often for a couple of reasons. First, it's not very often that what I would say hasn't already been said, and I just don't care enough about post count to reply with "+1" or "what he said". Second, I try to be somewhat thought-out and well-spoken in what I say, and more often than not, it takes more time than I have at the computer to work up a comment that I'm happy with and willing to put my name to. I've walked away from more than a few comments that I thought made me sound more ignorant than knowlegable. And lastly, I simply refuse to be impressed by post count. There are so many people out there who are far more impressed by how many times someone speaks up rather than by what they are saying. With no intent of disrespect or sarcasm, your post is the perfect example. I post about my perception of INGO's posting standards, albeit trolling or what I feel should be considered inappropriate content... another member post about his willful and blatant disregard for firearm laws... and you reply critisizing me for not caring enough to post here, since the other member will have posted in a week what I have taken 3 years to post. And you wonder why people don't post all that often???

Oh well... back to the shadows.

Awful Waffle

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If I have a choice, then I don't go into harm's way in a place I can't carry. If I'm forced to, like 30.06 places here in Texas, then no I do not carry my firearm. I rely on my situational awareness and my knife.

OP, I'm not saying that you are irresponsible. I just find fault with the "fight the power" attitude that people use when they carry guns where they legally are not allowed to.

Is it sad that we can't carry guns everywhere? Absolutely.

Will you illegally carrying a firearm help change the law? No. If anything, it will give fuel to the numerous anti-gun groups to make the laws more strict.

If you get robbed at gun point, that knife sure aint gonna help you. Have fun with that.

Awful Waffle

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ..and when I use my knife in self defense to protect myself, I won't be arrested and charged for carrying a handgun illegally.

People don't give knifes enough credit in a fight. There's a reason people train at 21 feet...

Hey, if I use my gun to defend myself and get arrested for it, it would be worth it. Id rather be in prison then be dead.

Chuck26287

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Anderson, IN
    I think your broad brush on INGO is a little misplaced. :twocents:

If you look closely (or not), you will see that the vast majority of responders
    to the OP have been overwhelmingly Negative in response to his lack
    of willingness to follow the law as written.

I don't agree with the law myself, but do follow it.

Yeah... you make a good point... gotta give you that. On the surface, I feel the post should have been deleted as inappropriate content because it makes INGO look less responsible as a body. However, after it has been running awhile, the responsibe attitude of the general forum population does surface, which is a good thing to be seen by all.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Yeah... you make a good point... gotta give you that. On the surface, I feel the post should have been deleted as inappropriate content because it makes INGO look less responsible as a body. However, after it has been running awhile, the responsibe attitude of the general forum population does surface, which is a good thing to be seen by all.

and give the :ingo: member something to post, cause i was getting bored;)

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Hey, if I use my gun to defend myself and get arrested for it, it would be worth it. Id rather be in prison then be dead.

Ok, but let's say you were caught carrying illegally, and was arrested. Now it's illegal for you to own any guns.

Knowing you, you'll still have a gun.

You end up shooting a guy to defend your family. But, since you're a felon with a gun, you're in jail. And now you left your family defenseless because you were ignorant.

WHY even take the chance? Just follow the laws.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom