• Status
    Not open for further replies.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Speaking for myself only, while the op does seem to fit the category of "gun ownership," he does nothing toward displaying a desire to also fit into the "responsible gun ownership" category. Insult to his own injury, he then makes such a case public information.

One of the ironies of responsible gun ownership is that one does not (be it planned or impulsively) make it a point to frequent places where they have full knowledge of the dangers which may lurk. For example, I would not think it would be a good idea to spend the weekend driving, walking, or biking the streets of inner-city Detroit ...and Michigan is a state that does recognize my LTCH!

As it has been said before here, simply being stopped for any reason and being found with an illegal firearm in the state of Ohio would put the op in enough trouble with the law. More significantly, his troubles would exponentially rise were the op to have found a purpose to defend himself against some of the characters whom he mentioned in his post. Placing himself on a steeper angle of such a slippery slope, the op's display of good judgment would almost certainly been questioned to his claims that he, indeed, needed to defend himself. Simply put, the op would have not only have lost his right to own, possess, purchase, sell, carry, on or about his person nearly any firearm ...except muzzle loaders (if I recall correctly), even of more "personal" significance, the op would find himself confined in small places and having made fast friends with the likes of large males with names like Bubba, Zeke, and Crazy Charlie. Yes, he proved to complete strangers that he is one bad *%#&#%. Well played, op ...well played.

FWIW, the parallels between Rosa Parks, other civil disobedience leaders, and the op exist only in the fact that a law was broken. To compare the forethought, fortitude, courage, maturity, and a whole host of other admirable qualities of Rosa Parks, MLK, et al., and the op would not only be entirely hilarious, but be an insult to the intelligence of anyone with more than two working brain cells.

BTW, op, misdemeanors may come and go, but felonies are for life. You screw up while in possession of a firearm and your life will change forever ...and get a lot more expensive.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Speaking for myself only, while the op does seem to fit the category of "gun ownership," he does nothing toward displaying a desire to also fit into the "responsible gun ownership" category. Insult to his own injury, he then makes such a case public information.

One of the ironies of responsible gun ownership is that one does not (be it planned or impulsively) make it a point to frequent places where they have full knowledge of the dangers which may lurk. For example, I would not think it would be a good idea to spend the weekend driving, walking, or biking the streets of inner-city Detroit ...and Michigan is a state that does recognize my LTCH!

As it has been said before here, simply being stopped for any reason and being found with an illegal firearm in the state of Ohio would put the op in enough trouble with the law. More significantly, his troubles would exponentially rise were the op to have found a purpose to defend himself against some of the characters whom he mentioned in his post. Placing himself on a steeper angle of such a slippery slope, the op's display of good judgment would almost certainly been questioned to his claims that he, indeed, needed to defend himself. Simply put, the op would have not only have lost his right to own, possess, purchase, sell, carry, on or about his person nearly any firearm ...except muzzle loaders (if I recall correctly), even of more "personal" significance, the op would find himself confined in small places and having made fast friends with the likes of large males with names like Bubba, Zeke, and Crazy Charlie. Yes, he proved to complete strangers that he is one bad *%#&#%. Well played, op ...well played.

FWIW, the parallels between Rosa Parks, other civil disobedience leaders, and the op exist only in the fact that a law was broken. To compare the forethought, fortitude, courage, maturity, and a whole host of other admirable qualities of Rosa Parks, MLK, et al., and the op would not only be entirely hilarious, but be an insult to the intelligence of anyone with more than two working brain cells.

BTW, op, misdemeanors may come and go, but felonies are for life. You screw up while in possession of a firearm and your life will change forever ...and get a lot more expensive.

I think what the OP ment to say is He rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6:D

Chuck26287

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Anderson, IN
    Wow... an INGO member posts to openly boasts of knowingly and willfully carrying his handgun illegally, and it warrants no INGO action. At least we still delete posts from those members who bump their ads before 24 hours has past. Gotta draw the line somewhere...

Sorry for the sarcasm, but I have a lot of respect for this board and have always enjoyed it. However, if INGO is becoming a forum where it's fine to brag, new guys trolling or not, about knowingly breaking firearm laws, then it's not what I thought it was. A person who posts about unknowingly doing something that was illegal, and uses it as an example to inform others who might have the same ignorance is one thing, but the "no stupid law will stop me" attitude does not belong here, and undermines the essence of this forum. It rather surprises and dissappoints me that this is allowed here. I held INGO a little higher than that. Mods should either recognize this as someone trolling, or assume it's an honest post. Either way, the results should be the same. Just my opinion.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I know how it sounds, but its the truth. To me being an irresponsible gun owner is about being safe with your gun, knowing how to use it, keeping it clean and making sure it is secured at all times.

I dont feel like ignoring a law to have a good time with a friend and still being protected while doing so is "irresponsible."

So your saying we shouldn't be safe with our guns, shouldn't know how to use them, to not keep it clean and to never keep them secured?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Would it have been better if OP post would have said, I got mugged & biatch slapped & raped in OHIO, but I follow all the laws.

I guess it would have been a good example for the pro-gun folks to use as an example of the dangers of gun laws that restrict our right to keep and bear arms.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I dont feel like ignoring a law to have a good time with a friend and still being protected while doing so is "irresponsible."
    Would this statement also apply to anything else that is considered to be ignoring the law in the name of "just haveing a good time"?

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Wow... an INGO member posts to openly boasts of knowingly and willfully carrying his handgun illegally, and it warrants no INGO action. At least we still delete posts from those members who bump their ads before 24 hours has past. Gotta draw the line somewhere...

Sorry for the sarcasm, but I have a lot of respect for this board and have always enjoyed it. However, if INGO is becoming a forum where it's fine to brag, new guys trolling or not, about knowingly breaking firearm laws, then it's not what I thought it was. A person who posts about unknowingly doing something that was illegal, and uses it as an example to inform others who might have the same ignorance is one thing, but the "no stupid law will stop me" attitude does not belong here, and undermines the essence of this forum. It rather surprises and dissappoints me that this is allowed here. I held INGO a little higher than that. Mods should either recognize this as someone trolling, or assume it's an honest post. Either way, the results should be the same. Just my opinion.

Well chuck, It look like he'll surpass your post total with in 24 hours & you have been a :ingo: member for over 3 years, seem to me you don't really care enough to post here;)

Awful Waffle

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Would this statement also apply to anything else that is considered to be ignoring the law in the name of "just haveing a good time"?

Of course not, that would just be stupid.

You all make it sound like youre more likely to do something unsafe with your gun just because it is illegal to carry where you happen to be carrying.

Which takes me back to my original point. The gun stayed in my pocket the whole night, nobody was shot, it didnt magically go off because it was illegal to carry.

If guns were outlawed in Indiana tomorrow would you turn your guns in? If you answered no, then I guess you are just as irresponsible as me.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    i6NGMAg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads