• Status
    Not open for further replies.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Well, I am shocked that some of the members here are supporting this activity as if it were in someway acceptable! He knowingly and willfully broke Ohio State law and is bragging about it on a public forum.

By acting as if this was a protest act with the attempt to draw attention to a cause, you further the stereotype of the "dangerous mentality" the anti's love to group us into.

:twocents:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Well, I am shocked that some of the members here are supporting this activity as if it were in someway acceptable! He knowingly and willfully broke Ohio State law and is bragging about it on a public forum.

By acting as if this was a protest act with the attempt to draw attention to a cause, you further the stereotype of the "dangerous mentality" the anti's love to group us into.

:twocents:
    Maybe he's Paul Helmke working undercover. ;)

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    Once again, if you see nothing wrong with carrying illegally, why do you have a LTCH? You either don't acknowledge the law or you do.

In your own words, "I would never let some stupid law prevent me from protecting myself."

:n00b:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ....... However, if INGO is becoming a forum where it's fine to brag, new guys trolling or not, about knowingly breaking firearm laws, then it's not what I thought it was. A person who posts about unknowingly doing something that was illegal, and uses it as an example to inform others who might have the same ignorance is one thing, but the "no stupid law will stop me" attitude does not belong here, and undermines the essence of this forum. It rather surprises and dissappoints me that this is allowed here. I held INGO a little higher than that. Mods should either recognize this as someone trolling, or assume it's an honest post. Either way, the results should be the same.

I think your broad brush on INGO is a little misplaced. :twocents:

If you look closely (or not), you will see that the vast majority of responders
    to the OP have been overwhelmingly Negative in response to his lack
    of willingness to follow the law as written.

I don't agree with the law myself, but do follow it.

Awful Waffle

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Same goes for the guy who bar hops to have a good time and drives from bar to bar drunk, eh?

No, by driving from bar to bar drunk you are greatly increasing the chances of hurting either yourself or somebody else in an accident.

By carrying with or without a little pink piece of paper in your pocket, your chance of having a negligent discharge, deciding to commit suicide, or going on a murderous rampage goes up exactly 0.00%

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    To be honest Im blown away by all the responses in this thread. You all claiming to be so pro gun and pro constitutional carry, but you are too worried about what the sheeple think to do anything about it. Amazing.

With all respect, what you did (and bragged about) has nothing to do with being "pro gun" or "pro constitutional carry." In fact, what you did is more likely to set those causes back than promote them. That is the point of so many of the posts here.

Awful Waffle

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With all respect, what you did (and bragged about) has nothing to do with being "pro gun" or "pro constitutional carry." In fact, what you did is more likely to set those causes back than promote them. That is the point of so many of the posts here.

There was no "bragging". When somebody says they CC'd into Walmart today was it "bragging"?

All I know is alot of those thugs I saw in Cincinnati last night, I can guarantee you they didnt have a license either. So like somebody else said, would it have been better if I got robber or mugged, and didnt have the means to defend myself?

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    I dont see anything irresponsible about carrying illegally.

Wow ...just wow. :rolleyes: :facepalm:

...and thanks for the neg rep to my post; it's my first and, coming from you, I'm almost (ever-so-slightly) honored. I'd share your comment here, though I understand that this is a forum where small children may be watching. You did, once again, display your level of maturity nonetheless. :rolleyes:

Were I to live by your statement above, I would have thought it foolish to apply for and purchase my Indiana LTCH ...it would simply have been a waste of time and money. You have defied your own logic, assuming you have done likewise.

Awful Waffle

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So you don't believe in licensed carry of a handgun if it's under a certain period of time? I fail to see the difference. Either you abide by laws or you don't...

I guess I dont then. I have an Indiana LTCH, even though I think it is ridiculous that is required, simply because I live here, I carry here, and I dont need to be harassed for exercising my 2nd amendment right on a daily basis.

I've never really thought I'd ever say it, but case in point, maybe some people really shouldn't own guns.

So I shouldnt be allowed to protect myself and my family because I committed a misdemeanor and ignored a law that I thought was unconstitutional? That makes sense.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom