• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I like how they keep saying "well the magazines were banned under clinton" So basically youre saying if he would have had 10 rounds instead of 15 then none of this would have happened????

Why am I not surprised that this guy killed so many people before being taken into custody... lets see, a bunch of anti-gun democrats in one place without guns. If someone had a defensive tool MAYBE you wouldnt be dead/injured right now!

*if we outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns*

Last edited:

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    One of their own was shot this time. They've already blamed right wing rhetoric, Palin, Limbaugh, Beck, etc. The latest I've heard is that the weapon was a Glock 19 with an "extended magazine" I don't know if they're referring to a normal 17 round magazine or 30 round magazine.

I hope you're right but I am a little nervous this time because of who the victim is.

I just read its a glock 19 with a 33 round magazine... Questions after Arizona shooting

Arizona legislators opted against imposing their own 10-round limit. They were too busy passing a law to allow concealed handguns to be carried without a permit.

SandHill84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Camby/Mooresville area
    As much as I appreciate my right to own guns as these random shootings by mentally imparied folks keep popping up I really begin to wonder at what point does the right of crazy people to buy weapons begin to seem crazy? I have no idea if there is a right answer to that question.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    As much as I appreciate my right to own guns as these random shootings by mentally imparied folks keep popping up I really begin to wonder at what point does the right of crazy people to buy weapons begin to seem crazy? I have no idea if there is a right answer to that question.
    Oh, there's a right answer. The answer is personal responsibility. Another answer is that it is NOT a right of or legal for "crazy people" to buy guns. Additionally, these shootings are not "random" as you claim, in every case there seems to be an intended target.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    (Parts removed but original intention kept I think)

Thats exactly what I am worried about. Untrained gun owners buying large amounts of guns all of a sudden because they think they will become outlawed. Or people snapping them up thinking in a year or two the prices will be higher and they can make a quick buck. Its going to be like election year all over again, when it was damn near imposible to find guns, parts, or ammo at REASONABLE prices. Panic buying just hurts all of us who enjoy guns/gun culture.

Just checked 6 different sights for m&p 9mm 17 round mags. Sold Out!
    They all had them over the weekend, and I was going to order a few after this week. Not Good.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    gun shop i went to buy ammo at today had a full cardboard box of 33 round glock mags on thursday night. it was probably only 1/4 today..still only 25 bucks, 20/20 i should have snagged a couple and resold them :D

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I hope that this does not end up screwing us all. I know maccarthy success record but yet with it being one of their own being shot, ive got a bad feeling this will cause a big negative reaction by Congress on law-abiding citizens. :n00b:

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute

I don't believe that to date he has been diagnosed with any particular mental illness. Without such a determination his name would not have shown up in the system. Everything being said about his mental condition is just conjecture until the right sort of doctor spends some time with him and forms an opinion.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    I don't want to see "lunatic crazies" running around shooting anyone but I, also, don't want someone just thinking you are crazy to disqualify you from owning a firearm or doing anything else for that matter. The presumption of innocence must extend to everyone if it is to work for anyone. Due process would be just a historic footnote if we allow anything but a full judicial process to declare one mentally unfit and be stripped of CONSTITUTIONAL rights.
    The Arizona shooter needs to be tried, convicted and executed through the legal system.
    :rockwoot:

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    are these usually #35 + shipping AND on backorder?

Glock Magazine Glock 17, 19, 26, 34 9mm Luger 33-Round Polymer Black - MidwayUSA

Question: if they re-ban hi cap magazines... would it be illegal for me to carry my g19 with 15 round magazines, and would my 30 round wasr10 ak be illegal too? Im not familiar with the clinton ban (as I was like 10 years old) or any of the stipulations they are talking about now.

Last edited:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Question: if they re-ban hi cap magazines... would it be illegal for me to carry my g19 with 15 round magazines, and would my 30 round wasr10 ak be illegal too? Im not familiar with the clinton ban (as I was like 10 years old) or any of the stipulations they are talking about now.

You are asking a question about a law that does not exist and that WE CAN FRIGGIN' FIGHT NOW! STOP running around like a chicken with it's head cut off and begin writing your congress critters. It's like asking someone what are the exceptions to the upcoming alcohol ban. If you are thinking they will base it on the past ban, who knows if they will?

I had every idiot and their brother asking me at work what mags to get so that they will go up in value " 'cause of dem dere GUN BAN thatz cummin' up". Find your congressperson, begin writing. Asking what mags you can or can't carry due to something that hasn't happened yet is foolishness. No offense and do not take it as such, but questions like this pretty much tell me that many people are just in it for the guns, not for the right to bear arms. :noway:

What were the top topics from the last election (presidential)? Economy, jobs, immigration, etc... Were guns mentioned? Only in position papers. But every hilljack comes out of the woodwork and screams "dey gonna ban 'em"! What happens? Everyone panics, buys crap they didn't even have a gun for, effectively choking off anyone who ENJOYS the sport and right of shooting from entering the stage. Can't buy a box of 9mm to defend one's self with because some hick bought it all and they don't own a 9mm (I have been told this LOTS of times by friends, coworkers, heck, even family!). But was there a ban? No. Was one introduced? Not one that lasted more than 5 minutes in committee. :rolleyes:

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Asking what mags you can or can't carry due to something that hasn't happened yet is foolishness. No offense and do not take it as such, but questions like this pretty much tell me that many people are just in it for the guns, not for the right to bear arms. :noway:

No offense and do not take it as such, but answers like this pretty much tell me that there are people in the world who still cant read. Im not asking because I want to sell friggin 30+ round magazines. I asked it because I want to know if my EDC or any other weapons I carry/own are or could be made illegal based on previous laws (they keep referencing the clinton days, is he why some glock 19s only had 10 round magazines instead of 15???). Obviously IndianaGunOwners isnt a law manual, but I figured maybe someone with more wisdom than condemnation could share that wisdom with me.

K Thanks.

Last edited:

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    They guy was kicked out by the military, kicked out of college for being a lunitic. So why was he allowed a gun permit.

If all of our current powers did not stop this, then why is another law going to help?

The sheriff should have denied his permit.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    They guy was kicked out by the military, kicked out of college for being a lunitic. So why was he allowed a gun permit.

If all of our current powers did not stop this, then why is another law going to help?

Where did you hear he had a gun permit?

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There

Shame on me for not doing my due diligence (meaning I didn't read the whole thread), but I didn't see any discussion of a permit. All I saw was that he'd passed the NICS check to buy the G19. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Shame on me for not doing my due diligence (meaning I didn't read the whole thread), but I didn't see any discussion of a permit. All I saw was that he'd passed the NICS check to buy the G19. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

I didnt think arizona even requires a permit for OC or CC.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    No offense and do not take it as such, but answers like this pretty much tell me that there are people in the world who still cant read. Im not asking because I want to sell friggin 30+ round magazines. I asked it because I want to know if my EDC or any other weapons I carry/own are or could be made illegal based on previous laws (they keep referencing the clinton days, is he why some glock 19s only had 10 round magazines instead of 15???). Obviously IndianaGunOwners isnt a law manual, but I figured maybe someone with more wisdom than condemnation could share that wisdom with me.

K Thanks.

Maybe questions like "Who would be my representative in X county" or "how should I pen this letter" are more useful than finding out what mags one can carry if they reinstate the Clinton bans. Condemnation? Potentially yes. Folks need to stop knee jerk reactioning to everything political and begin to quell the left's attack on our rights, instead of planning how to "shelter" myself from it's effects.

IF, IF, IF they reinstate something LIKE the Clinton ban, you can only buy 10 round mags. AREA specific bans that popped up during the clinton era could change that, such as you cannot carry ANYTHING over 10 rounds or onyl carry FMJ. The vague answer to a vague question is yes, you can carry 15 round "pre ban" magazines.

The point is to not even have to make the choice. The point is to stand up and not ask can I or could I, but WHY can't I. You and no one else should have to ASK permission to carry 15 round mags. Let's focus on the solution to knee jerk reactionaries in our government that are using a crisis to their benefit. Instead of trying to find a solution to something that doesn't exist yet, find a solution to nipping the rumors of the problem in the bud. Defeatism isn't in the nature of the American, that is the root of my disappointment in quite a few people.

Top Bottom