• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    They guy was kicked out by the military, kicked out of college for being a lunitic. So why was he allowed a gun permit.

If all of our current powers did not stop this, then why is another law going to help?

The sheriff should have denied his permit.
    No permit's required to carry in AZ. The only ball that got dropped was his family not noticing that he was mentally ill, or the people at his college pointing it out in a more forceful manner. It's already been stated that he has had interaction with the local sheriff in the past. They also dropped the ball. NICS worked the way it was supposed to. So did the gun store.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Maybe we should just ban people.

A committed person who does not fear to die in pursuit of their goal is nearly unstoppable.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Maybe we should just ban people.

A committed person who does not fear to die in pursuit of their goal is nearly unstoppable.

QFT! If someone wants to commit a crime, you can deprive them of whatever you want and if they truely want to do it, they will find a way. I remember hearing of a crime spree in California where the guns were purchased legally. Those who bought them waited the waiting period, calmly purchasing them. No laws, no restrictions will stop someone who wants to kill someone or do something stupid. Ban guns? They use knives. Ban knives, they learn martial arts. Ban martial arts, they sharpen sticks. Goes on and on.

"Common sense" legislation only means that the criminals have won. Bans mean that we have degenerated in society into nothing but criminals (because when you ban rights, EVERYONE is a criminal).

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    No permit's required to carry in AZ. The only ball that got dropped was his family not noticing that he was mentally ill, or the people at his college pointing it out in a more forceful manner. It's already been stated that he has had interaction with the local sheriff in the past. They also dropped the ball. NICS worked the way it was supposed to. So did the gun store.

But, then, how do they stop someone like this nutjob from doing what he did? What new laws are necessary to protect people? (these are rhetorical questions).

If we develop something where people can "rat" out suspicious behavior, then we have become something we don't want to be. Granted, this crisis created some serious philosophical questions. It could have been stopped. With the current system though, no one did anything to stop this kid. No one. Law enforcement knew he was a menace, parents knew he was getting a little strange and the college/classmates knew and reported he was a menace. Yet, he was allowed to continue his plan.

The last thing we need is someone to get bummed out because they lost their job, or girlfriend left them or scratched their car, show any emotion that the powers that be don't like, then BOOM, all your rights are gone. They take your guns and internet. :D

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    But, then, how do they stop someone like this nutjob from doing what he did? What new laws are necessary to protect people? (these are rhetorical questions).

If we develop something where people can "rat" out suspicious behavior, then we have become something we don't want to be. Granted, this crisis created some serious philosophical questions. It could have been stopped. With the current system though, no one did anything to stop this kid. No one. Law enforcement knew he was a menace, parents knew he was getting a little strange and the college/classmates knew and reported he was a menace. Yet, he was allowed to continue his plan.

The last thing we need is someone to get bummed out because they lost their job, or girlfriend left them or scratched their car, show any emotion that the powers that be don't like, then BOOM, all your rights are gone. They take your guns and internet. :D
    Freedom's messy, but I'll take the occasional mess rather than the alternative.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Maybe questions like "Who would be my representative in X county" or "how should I pen this letter" are more useful than finding out what mags one can carry if they reinstate the Clinton bans. Condemnation? Potentially yes. Folks need to stop knee jerk reactioning to everything political and begin to quell the left's attack on our rights, instead of planning how to "shelter" myself from it's effects.

IF, IF, IF they reinstate something LIKE the Clinton ban, you can only buy 10 round mags. AREA specific bans that popped up during the clinton era could change that, such as you cannot carry ANYTHING over 10 rounds or onyl carry FMJ. The vague answer to a vague question is yes, you can carry 15 round "pre ban" magazines.

The point is to not even have to make the choice. The point is to stand up and not ask can I or could I, but WHY can't I. You and no one else should have to ASK permission to carry 15 round mags. Let's focus on the solution to knee jerk reactionaries in our government that are using a crisis to their benefit. Instead of trying to find a solution to something that doesn't exist yet, find a solution to nipping the rumors of the problem in the bud. Defeatism isn't in the nature of the American, that is the root of my disappointment in quite a few people.

Great answer, thank you.

Skeetboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Control

Same thing happens everytime. Just tell me how the fed will take away all of the illegal weapons first.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    its gettin deep out there guys/gals

Gun Control Debate: Why Do We Make Gun Violence So Easy?

hopefully most people have the ablity to see though this kind of crap

Yes and its only gonna get deeper, now that one of their own was shot, the anti-gun liberals are going to becoming after every gun they can. Im in the process of writing a letter to mike pence, Todd young and Dan Coats and even old dick lugar asking them to not do knee jerk reaction to this shooting and limit the rights of others who did nothing wrong

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    its gettin deep out there guys/gals

Gun Control Debate: Why Do We Make Gun Violence So Easy?

hopefully most people have the ablity to see though this kind of crap

Touching and oh so typical. In addition to repeated references to feelings, emotions, and working with the Brady Campaign, he(?) expresses disappointment at "...no assault weapons restrictions, and no restrictions, as we sadly saw, on how many rounds can be in high-capacity magazines -- magazines that declare and wage war on innocents." (at least s/he didn't call them "clips")

"I have learned that just about anybody can buy a gun from a private seller at a gun show without a Brady criminal background check. I've been to gun shows and bought guns. I even bought the same kind of gun that the Virginia Tech shooter used to shoot me and 48 other people that dark April morning."

Well, Colin (or is it colon?), you can set an example by turning in your gun and buying yourself a pair of pantyhose.

Last edited:

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    magazines that declare and wage war on innocents." (at least s/he didn't call them "clips")

I hate it when I come home to find my magazines have been out declaring war in innocents. Takes forever to clean them.

Why can't these people realize a gun is just a tool, nothing more and nothing less. If the shooter in this case (or in the VT massacre) hadn't had a gun, they would have used a knife or a bomb. If they hadn't had those, they would have used a rock. Hell, if it had come down to it, they might have used a damn toaster. Someone hellbent on destruction/death will find a way. Taking away my right to protect my life and the lives of those around me is NOT a solution.:twocents:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I hate it when I come home to find my magazines have been out declaring war in innocents. Takes forever to clean them.

Why can't these people realize a gun is just a tool, nothing more and nothing less. If the shooter in this case (or in the VT massacre) hadn't had a gun, they would have used a knife or a bomb. If they hadn't had those, they would have used a rock. Hell, if it had come down to it, they might have used a damn toaster. Someone hellbent on destruction/death will find a way. Taking away my right to protect my life and the lives of those around me is NOT a solution.:twocents:
    You'll still have the right to carry a toaster;)

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Looks like Boehner says he will oppose any new gun laws.

House Speaker John Boehner will not support new gun controls after the Tucson shooting, reports Mike Lillis: "Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) is rejecting gun-control legislation offered by the chairman of the Homeland Security Committee in response to the weekend shootings of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) and 19 others in Arizona. Rep. Pete King (R-N.Y.) announced plans Tuesday to introduce legislation prohibiting people from carrying guns within 1,000 feet of members of Congress...King said the legislation is not intended only for the safety of government officials but also to protect the public. He said elected officials are not necessarily more important than constituents, but by protecting them in this way, they would feel safer in meeting federal officials at public events. "

Ezra Klein - Wonkbook: NCLB reform coming; Boehner opposes new gun laws; John Kerry's speech; oil spill recommendations

+1 for Boehner on this issue. Looks like you're right MrJarrell

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Rep. Pete King (R-N.Y.) announced plans Tuesday to introduce legislation prohibiting people from carrying guns within 1,000 feet of members of Congress. King’s legislation got the cold shoulder from Boehner and other Republicans after it was announced.

I love it.

Top Bottom