• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Who's business is it anyway how much ammo or how many firearms any of us own as long as they were legally purchased as long as the purchases do not add up to something like 100 AR and 1,000,000 .223 rnds to a guy who might tend to spew hatrid and advise people towards the violent overthrow of the government. Even a conservative like me would have to agree that such people might need a little more watching than the rest of us "normal" gun enthusiasts. I heard this morning that the FBI might have slipped up by allowing this guy in Arizona to even own a firearm in the first place with his documented past behavior. I can not wait to see all of the knee jerk reactions that come from this incident. I also find it to be a little curious that moslems are killing each other all over the world and our news people never seem to provide us with as much background information or possible motives on those killers as they do for a guy like this. Just my two cents.

WTF does the number of weapons and rounds legally owned and possessed have to do with anything?

A few thoughts that came to me;

Lets not forget the idiot was also a pot head. So he had to have lied on his 4473. He could not even join a wartime Army because of a hot **** test.

The guy is/was a well known nut job.

I just don't think the dems want to tackle any type of gun control BS at this point and time. Oh yea some of them will attempt it but as stupid as many of them are I think they know by now it is political suicide and will get no traction.

On the security for federal employees (Congress,senate ect) while no one condones killing elected officials, if they would do the job they were elected to do and do them like the people who elected them wanted to do, they would not need security. As we all know, at the present time their approval ratings are about the lowest ever recorded.

I hope this nut job gets the Timothy McVeigh treatment ASAP. I would be glad to volunteer for the task.

He committed perjury in order to get his weapon. So he broke at least 5 laws by committing perjury, pointing a weapon, using a weapon during the commission of a felony, assault, premeditated murder, and libtards think one more law would have prevented this tragedy. Stupidity is priceless.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    So he broke at least 5 laws by committing perjury, pointing a weapon, using a weapon during the commission of a felony, assault, premeditated murder, and libtards think one more law would have prevented this tragedy. Stupidity is priceless.

Well of course. Breaking 5 laws is one thing, but six... no-one would break six laws...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    "One of the fiercest advocates of enabling the risk-free slaughter of innocents in Congress, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.), pounced on the shooting massacre in Tucson Sunday, dancing in the blood of the victims and promising to introduce legislation as soon as Monday targeting the normal-capacity ammunition clip(sic) the gunman used.
    In a brilliant career move, McCarthy ran for Congress on a sympathy campaign after her husband was barred from defending his own life by New York's gun laws and was subsequently murdered, and her son seriously injured in a shooting in 1993 on a Long Island commuter train.

“My staff is working on looking at the different legislation fixes that we might be able to do to ensure that criminals can commit mass murder in complete safety, free from the fear of the potential victims defending their lives, and we might be able to introduce as early as tomorrow,” McCarthy told POLITICO in a Sunday afternoon phone interview.
    Victim-enablement activists predictably cried like little beaches :drama: :baby: that it was time to reform personal freedom laws in the United States, almost immediately after an insane criminal killed six and injured 14 more, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, in Arizona on Saturday.

Many said that people with a history of mental instability, like Carolyn McCarthy and the alleged shooter Jared Lee Loughner, should not be able to buy a gun — and no one should be able to buy [strike]stockpiles[/strike] more than two rounds of ammunition used by the 22-year-old assailant.
    McCarthy said she plans to confer with House Speaker John Boehner and Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi to see “if we can [strike]work[/strike] ram something through” in the coming week.
    McCarthy’s spokesman confirmed the legislation will target the [strike]high-capacity ammunition clips[/strike] normal-capacity feeding devices the Arizona gunman allegedly used in the shooting, but neither he or the congresswoman offered any further details, because neither McCarthy nor anyone on her staff knows their a** from a hole in the ground, especially when it comes to firearms.

“Again, we need to look at how this is going to work, to protect the criminal people that tend to vote for our ilk, certainly not normal law-abiding citizens, and we have to look at what I can pass,” McCarthy said. “I don’t want to give the NRA – excuse the pun – the ammunition to come at me either, but I am going to anyway, because I have less intelligence than your average sheep turd.”

Pennsylvania Rep. Robert Brady, a Democrat from Philadelphia, told CNN that he also plans to take legislative action. He will introduce a bill that would make it a ThoughtCrime for anyone to use thoughts, language, or symbols that could be seen as threatening or violent against Big Brother, the Party, a federal official, a member of Congress, the ThoughtPolice, or any other protected class that may have their inner-child get butthurt by any kind of pro-freedom extremism.

Another vocal supporter for controlling the undesirables/lower classes, Illinois Rep. Mike Quigley, told POLITICO that he hopes “something good” can come from the Arizona tragedy – perhaps discussion on a new assault weapon ban, bans on sales at gun shows/gun stores/person-to-person sales, personal movement tracing measures, and other limits on freedom of thought, movement, speech, self defense, and other such rights that We-the-Annointed-Elite see as appropriate to control the masses.

Loughner legally purchased his weapon – a Glock 19 with an extended magazine – from an Arizona store. The same kind of extended magazine was illegal under the [strike]assault weapons[/strike] imitation service rifle ban that expired in 2004.

“The ability to buy a weapon that fires hundreds of bullets in less than a minute is TOTALLY FREAKIN' SWEET!!!, ” :rockwoot: said Quigley. “He had an additional magazine capability. That’s what a Zombie hunter needs. That’s what someone needs to defend their home. That’s what you use to hunt people that are trying to hunt the people you care about, because criminal-coddling bleeding-heart d-bag politicians refuse to keep the career criminals that make up their constituancy in prison.”

After the Virginia Tech massacre in 2007, in which a student with a history of psychological problems killed 33 and injured 25 others, lawmakers immediately started looking at completely usless and ineffective gun control reforms both in the state and at the federal level.
    Then-Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine issued a closing-the-gate-after-the-horse-has-ran-away executive order making it harder for people who have been committed to mental health treatment centers to buy a gun. In 2008 President George W. Bush signed a law expanding the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, which registered gun dealers use, to include more comprehensive reporting of mental health records. Under the current law, it is illegal for anyone who has been “adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution” to purchase a firearm, according to the FBI’s website.

However, Loughner did not fall into either of those categories, according to Josh Horwitz, the executive director of the Coalition to Enable Gun Violence, thus proving the utter uselessness of such feel-good nonsense.
    “I’ve seen no evidence that he falls into those categories. It’s the same thing as this guy at Virginia Tech,” said Horwitz. “We can do a much better job checking people’s mental health background, but at the end of the day, you just can't predict Crazy, but you CAN AND SHOULD ensure that the innocent can defend themselves the next time Crazy tries to hurt people.”

:xmad: :xmad: :xmad:

(Article copied and modified for the purposes of political and social commentary and parody, as permitted in accordance with the terms of the Fair Use exception to copyright protection)

Last edited:

txgho1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    DFW
    What we have here is an opportunity to communicate with the leadership and the conservatives present in congress.
    With the entire House schedule pushed back for action related to the event in Tuscon this may be an opportunity to urge restraint for knee jerk legislation.
    He or people around him will get the profile and history on this xxxxxx (can't think of a proper term clean or not for the shooter) and then they can study and research breaks in current law that missed him. From what I can see there may be nothing constitutional to be done about this.
    She (McCarthy) is not relevant.When we communicate we can show her relevance in turning the discussion elsewhere. We do not want to be the drive by email poster.

Please use caution in what you write.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    well when i went to buy 2 cases of .223 today (1 for me 1 for my cousin). they had at least 30 cases of it there on thursday night when i went to the range.

today, there were 3 boxes of the 55g left and maybe 5 of the 62g left.

thank god they still honored their internet special price. i've already heard of the not so nice gun shops raising prices... (lol a keltec p32 for 333.99 :rofl: bet it's 400 by now...but hell free market. buyer be ware. )

people are freaking out. seriously. they also had 33rnd glock magazines for 25 a piece... maybe i should go back and snag a few.. :D

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    You know, if politicians were held to the same standard on bribes, kickbacks and general corruption as we are held to in gun laws they would everyone be in jail! The fella that done the shooting was a coward and lunatic. Only a crazy savage would shoot a little girl.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I was still in middle school when the 1994 AWB came down, so I really didn't pay that much attention to anything that didn't wear a skirt. Can someone reply to me and direct me and others to a link on how the Republicans voted on the AWB? Because, if they voted against the 2A then, I am concerned they will lose their nerve and do it again. Thanks.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    It's just McCarthy's usual crap, nothing to get excited about. She's just doing her usual dance in the blood of innocent victims, to conjure up what she wants. Anything she introduces will go nowhere, as it always has. Same for the guy who would restrict free speech, (although that might appeal to some republicrats. They're not too big on speech, either). This just more sound and fury from the usual suspects.

I disagree, They have a "good crisis" here to get new gun control passed. Before the shooting I think you'd be right.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Advice about contacting representatives:
    Do NOT send email, too easy to send it to the junk box. If you want your correspondence to be read, write it on paper and put it in an envelope with a stamp. Be polite and professional, even a letter will be thrown away if it is viewed as ranting or laden with profanity. Your letter may never be seen by the actual representative, unless it really contains something profound and enlightening, however it will be counted as a plus or minus. If they get a few letters, they assume only a few people care about the issue, if they get BAGS and BAGS of letters daily they will take notice and see value in pursuing the issue.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I disagree, They have a "good crisis" here to get new gun control passed. Before the shooting I think you'd be right.
    Every time there's been a shooting of any sort, she brings a bill forth and it gets sent to committee where it dies. This will happen this time, too. It's one of the few good things with having a republicrat dominated house.

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    Every time there's been a shooting of any sort, she brings a bill forth and it gets sent to committee where it dies. This will happen this time, too. It's one of the few good things with having a republicrat dominated house.

i sure hope this to be the case...

but i think price will go up in the short term I got 3 emails to day from friends asking in I wanted in on orders from some of the big surplus places, after the obama scare an price sky rocketing, us gun owners are even more scared of paying thoses kind of prices again, so we will do it to our selves, all over again but this time it will happen faster because of our previous experiences, even if the threat of legislation is even less than before.:twocents:

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010

One of their own was shot this time. They've already blamed right wing rhetoric, Palin, Limbaugh, Beck, etc. The latest I've heard is that the weapon was a Glock 19 with an "extended magazine" I don't know if they're referring to a normal 17 round magazine or 30 round magazine.

I hope you're right but I am a little nervous this time because of who the victim is.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Advice about contacting representatives:
    Do NOT send email, too easy to send it to the junk box. If you want your correspondence to be read, write it on paper and put it in an envelope with a stamp. Be polite and professional, even a letter will be thrown away if it is viewed as ranting or laden with profanity. Your letter may never be seen by the actual representative, unless it really contains something profound and enlightening, however it will be counted as a plus or minus. If they get a few letters, they assume only a few people care about the issue, if they get BAGS and BAGS of letters daily they will take notice and see value in pursuing the issue.
    mail can be pushed aside, computers can be turned off, but they cannot turn their phones off or that would be not listening to what the people want and you could call them out on it and have them impeached.

use the phone, tell their staffer what you want and that you need them to please forward the message to your congressperson.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    It doesn't

since when does hunting have anything to do with: quote by Thomas Jefferson. "The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is a last resort to protect themselves from tyranny in government " ???????

But thats no reason for you to be a P*****head and pick nits off topic.:rolleyes: Hunters have a dog in the fight too. Lets keep them involved.:draw:

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    lol yes he is......like most everyone has said on this thread these bills will not go anywhere McCarthy has done this several times shes a blow hard. I really dont wanna see a huge MAG grab i was gonna order a few more this weekend grrrrrrr

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Laws are their answer to everything.

You need to pay attention. Every time a headline is made Congress will either write a law to ban it or tax the crap out of it. They have already taxed guns and ammo so the only thing they can do is try to pass another useless law that will only cause a problem to those that obey the law. Our elected officials believe that because we elect them we believe they know what is right for us. We need to remind them they are elected to represent us not think for us.

Top Bottom