• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Not to worry folks ... It may cause more panic buying though.

(Parts removed but original intention kept I think)

Thats exactly what I am worried about. Untrained gun owners buying large amounts of guns all of a sudden because they think they will become outlawed. Or people snapping them up thinking in a year or two the prices will be higher and they can make a quick buck. Its going to be like election year all over again, when it was damn near imposible to find guns, parts, or ammo at REASONABLE prices. Panic buying just hurts all of us who enjoy guns/gun culture.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    (Parts removed but original intention kept I think)

Thats exactly what I am worried about. Untrained gun owners buying large amounts of guns all of a sudden because they think they will become outlawed. Or people snapping them up thinking in a year or two the prices will be higher and they can make a quick buck. Its going to be like election year all over again, when it was damn near imposible to find guns, parts, or ammo at REASONABLE prices. Panic buying just hurts all of us who enjoy guns/gun culture.
    My advice, since we will see occasional panics like this for the rest of our lives, is to stock up BETWEEN panics and heck who knows maybe even turn a profit DURING panics. Remember about 15-18 months ago when .380 ammo was going for $75 per 50?

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    This is dangerous. What happened in Arizona has the potential to swing momentum in the gun debate away from us.

Stats are stats and can be made to say anything you want. When an attractive young congresswoman is a victim, people will react much more emotionally.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    How about they reduce the gun control so the next time someone decides to start shooting some citizen near him can easily and quickly return fire.
    Oh, come on! That would be the same CRAZY idea like asking people to put fire extinguishers throughout a building so that if a fire breaks out all anyone has to do is grab an extinguisher! Crazy!

You know we have to ban fire... and matches!

That's crazy talk saying that an individual or group of individuals might be able to take measures in an emergency! :laugh:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This is right from the politico story.
    What do they mean by "stockpiles of ammunition", What is a stockpile? Is it a few hundred, a few thousand or million?
    More than one bullet. Any more than that - it's a "cache" or "stockpile" or "armory" :xmad:

Preparedness is a dirty word to some in today's society.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Pennsylvania Rep. Robert Brady, a Democrat from Philadelphia, plans to introduce a bill that would make it a crime for anyone to use language or symbols that could be seen as threatening or violent against a federal official, including a member of Congress.

^^^ this is scary! Freedom of speech regulated by congress and their ability to determine whats a threat and whats not. no thank you!

This needs to be SHUT DOWN right away. Begin writing fast and furious people, please. I've already sent 10 letters.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    It's a shoulder thing that goes up.

YouTube - Carolyn McCarthy

bbl-shroud.jpg

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    And here we go. Let's hope the Republicans and Pro-Gun Democrats don't back down like last time. And, why is it people from NY, especially elected officials, always think they know better than everyone else?

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Who's business is it anyway how much ammo or how many firearms any of us own as long as they were legally purchased as long as the purchases do not add up to something like 100 AR and 1,000,000 .223 rnds to a guy who might tend to spew hatrid and advise people towards the violent overthrow of the government. Even a conservative like me would have to agree that such people might need a little more watching than the rest of us "normal" gun enthusiasts. I heard this morning that the FBI might have slipped up by allowing this guy in Arizona to even own a firearm in the first place with his documented past behavior. I can not wait to see all of the knee jerk reactions that come from this incident. I also find it to be a little curious that moslems are killing each other all over the world and our news people never seem to provide us with as much background information or possible motives on those killers as they do for a guy like this. Just my two cents.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It's just McCarthy's usual crap, nothing to get excited about. She's just doing her usual dance in the blood of innocent victims, to conjure up what she wants. Anything she introduces will go nowhere, as it always has. Same for the guy who would restrict free speech, (although that might appeal to some republicrats. They're not too big on speech, either). This just more sound and fury from the usual suspects.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    We keep making fun of McCarthy over her ignorance on guns, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking her stupidity and lack of knowledge is a "good" thing for us. She wants to introduce bills that will effectively end gun ownership if given the chance. She's stupid, but dangerous to the 2nd amendment.

This is why I hate polarizing situations in US politics, it brings out nothing but neophyte vulgarians on BOTH sides of the aisle. McCarthy is vulgar and disgusting for bringing up legislature during a crisis. "Don't let a good crisis go to waste", wasn't that the quote from a "popular" politicalista? It not only shows me that those voted in are singing the same old song, but no longer represent us, only THEIR political interests and special groups. The voters no longer count, it's about the insulating powers of the beltway.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Maybe isntead of focusing only on "what to buy before THEY ban it", maybe some letter writing or calls are in order, let's get those we voted in to temper their kneejerk reaction thinking that has all too often lately saddled us with garbage laws, regulations and rules?

Let's remind our representatives in the .gov that they work for us and our disgust at using a crisis to make crap restrictions on our rights?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Find the information on who your representative, senate and even state reps are by your county, their websites usually will list contact information, even address to send letters in.

Let's focus on nipping any "bans" or other knee jerk reaction crap in the bud before buying up half the gun industry. Leave the buying panic to Johnny Ray Huckle**** in Nowhere, Indiana....

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It looks to me like we need to ban taxis. This guy was transported there by a taxi. If it wasn't for the deadly taxi, the guy would have spent the day in his parent's basement, smoking pot and reading commie literature. They had the idea right originally in hunting for the cab driver. Let's outlaw them all and send the drivers to reeducation camp.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    It looks to me like we need to ban taxis. This guy was transported there by a taxi.

And thats exactly whats wrong with all this. While I think its terrible anyone was hurt at all, if he had stabbed her with your bog-standard steak knife no-one would be calling for a ban on steak-knifes. So why should a gun be any different. Was talking to a anti-gun Democrat family member about this yesterday and she actually admitted that was a good point, and we didn't need to ban something after all. If only we could educate more people stuff like this wouldn't be an issue.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    Well somebody else on this board called it right. High capacity mags are evil and we need another assault weapons ban. Hunters and people defending their homes don't need all those evil bullets.

since when does hunting have anything to do with: quote by Thomas Jefferson. "The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is a last resort to protect themselves from tyranny in government " ???????

Last edited:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    A few thoughts that came to me;

Lets not forget the idiot was also a pot head. So he had to have lied on his 4473. He could not even join a wartime Army because of a hot **** test.

The guy is/was a well known nut job.

I just don't think the dems want to tackle any type of gun control BS at this point and time. Oh yea some of them will attempt it but as stupid as many of them are I think they know by now it is political suicide and will get no traction.

On the security for federal employees (Congress,senate ect) while no one condones killing elected officials, if they would do the job they were elected to do and do them like the people who elected them wanted to do, they would not need security. As we all know, at the present time their approval ratings are about the lowest ever recorded.

I hope this nut job gets the Timothy McVeigh treatment ASAP. I would be glad to volunteer for the task.

Top Bottom