• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Holy Smokes! You cops are swimming in money!!!

I just checked the state court administrator reports. In 2009 Marion County got 212K in diversion fees and $4,012,206 in defferal fees!!!

:popcorn:

What did law enforcement do with 4.2 million dollars? That's 1400 car cameras!

Where are your car cameras, IMPD? Police poverty? *snicker*

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I just checked the state court administrator reports. In 2009 Marion County got 212K in diversion fees and $4,012,206 in defferal fees!!!

:popcorn:

What did law enforcement do with 4.2 million dollars? That's 1400 car cameras!

Where are your car cameras, IMPD? Police poverty? *snicker*

You mind providing a link to that information?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You mind providing a link to that information?

I don't mind at all, sir.

http://www.in.gov/judiciary/admin/courtmgmt/stats/2009/v3/revenues.pdf

It's page 228 for Marion County's LE take.

FOUR MILLION DOLLARS, but not a dime for car cameras?:dunno:

Maybe we should have a bake sale? I make awesome Kirk Cookies: oatmeal, chocolate chip, walnut cookies. Maybe a coffee sale? No, wait, that's gets guns pointed at me.

If only there was some large pool of money out there floating about that law enforcement had. If only . . . :D

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I'll bring cookies, you guys bring what you want. Someone has to volunteer to distract rhino.

We even have a room downtown stacked to the ceiling with it and officers can go in once a day and grab a handful.

Yes, yes you do have a room stacked with money. But Mr. Curry has the key. Better ask him. Four Million Dollars!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    dr-evil.jpg

"Four Million Dollars!"*

*Carl Brizzi, stock photo.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'll bring cookies, you guys bring what you want. Someone has to volunteer to distract rhino.

Yes, yes you do have a room stacked with money. But Mr. Curry has the key. Better ask him. Four Million Dollars!

Why don't you come down here and straighten it all out? Since you're obviously a gun enthusiast I'm sure you would be willing to write us the three million dollars we need to bring the pistol range into the 1990's. I'll vote for you and work on your campaign.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Last election in which I ran, I got 11% of the vote and that's because my name was alphabetically first.:D

Besides if I ran in Indianapolis, we'd have to send my parents to Florida to prevent them from making ads . . . against me.:D

Cops do get screwed out of the diversion honey pot in the big city.

When I was in LE at least our head honcho in Tippecanoe County was very good about buying gear for cops (vests, dogs, bomb suits, guns) and for training for his deputies and cops (I even got sent to Colorado Springs for sex crimes school). He was very good about sharing the honey.

That's probably because the agencies were much tighter in a mid-size county. ISP, PUPD, WLPD, TCSD, LPD, inter alia would all stop by and my boss always had an open door for them. They would smoke cigars and hash out concerns or their shopping list (gear or guns).

If I was MCPA I would definitely send IMPD's FTU to TR and Gunsite, inter alia. No better investment in a cop's life than in training. I would also make you Kirk Cookies.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    If I was MCPA I would definitely send IMPD's FTU to TR and Gunsite, inter alia. No better investment in a cop's life than in training. I would also make you Kirk Cookies.

Oh, see, there you got me. Now I'm going to have to start your campaign with, or without, your consent.

Wouldn't they be Kirkees?

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    You will find very few, if any PDs that operate in the "black." Out of curiosity, how would a PD raise it's own money to support itself?

Look at ISP. A 20 year trooper makes $60K/year. Say the average state citation is a $100 fine, which is on the low end. Hell, say that each ticket a trooper writes will have $50 go to the ISP general fund, and $50 will go to the court of the county for court costs. So if ISP can get $50/ticket, a trooper would have to write just 1,200 tickets a year, or 120 ticket a month. If they do that, with only that little amount going to the department, they just paid for their wage. Now if all troopers write this many tickets, then you have a five year trooper not only paying for their wage, but also their car and equipment. It may never fully fund the department, but obviously citation writing can bring in the money. Then you have asset forfeiture to throw in some money.

I have always thought most public safety departments were too big. There always seems to be a lot of fat that could be cut. If IMPD wanted video systems, they could have them. It is odd they won't allow individual employees to buy a car camera set-up, yet I do believe they let officers buy their own back-up guns and patrol rifles (if they qualify with them).

*Carl Brizzi, stock photo.

:lol2:

Now we know how Brizzi got that Italian leather furniture for his office!! :D

Why don't you come down here and straighten it all out? Since you're obviously a gun enthusiast I'm sure you would be willing to write us the three million dollars we need to bring the pistol range into the 1990's. I'll vote for you and work on your campaign.

Sorry, but any dime the city gets from here on out can only be used for image due to the upcoming (well maybe) Superbowl. It is more important to flaunt bling bling than to really use the money for a good cause. At least since police cars are a high visible item, the city is finally send out newer cars to most of the street officers.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Look at ISP. A 20 year trooper makes $60K/year. Say the average state citation is a $100 fine, which is on the low end. Hell, say that each ticket a trooper writes will have $50 go to the ISP general fund, and $50 will go to the court of the county for court costs. So if ISP can get $50/ticket, a trooper would have to write just 1,200 tickets a year, or 120 ticket a month. If they do that, with only that little amount going to the department, they just paid for their wage. Now if all troopers write this many tickets, then you have a five year trooper not only paying for their wage, but also their car and equipment. It may never fully fund the department, but obviously citation writing can bring in the money. Then you have asset forfeiture to throw in some money.

I have always thought most public safety departments were too big. There always seems to be a lot of fat that could be cut. If IMPD wanted video systems, they could have them. It is odd they won't allow individual employees to buy a car camera set-up, yet I do believe they let officers buy their own back-up guns and patrol rifles (if they qualify with them).

:lol2:

Now we know how Brizzi got that Italian leather furniture for his office!! :D

Sorry, but any dime the city gets from here on out can only be used for image due to the upcoming (well maybe) Superbowl. It is more important to flaunt bling bling than to really use the money for a good cause. At least since police cars are a high visible item, the city is finally send out newer cars to most of the street officers.

You math is spot on, but if you think IMPD officers are writing anywhere near 120 tickets (or even half that) a month, you'd be seriously wrong. I'd betting that department wide, it's probably in the neighborhood of 2 or 3 per officer.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

There's a big difference between a ~$500 back up gun or ~$800 rifle and a $3000 video system. I'm sure you are more than willing to shell out your hard-earned money for all the things that you need/want that your department won't buy for you.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    There's a big difference between a ~$500 back up gun or ~$800 rifle and a $3000 video system. I'm sure you are more than willing to shell out your hard-earned money for all the things that you need/want that your department won't buy for you.

There's also a big difference between not wanting to shell out $3,000 for a video camera and not being allowed to as well...Right?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    There's also a big difference between not wanting to shell out $3,000 for a video camera and not being allowed to as well...Right?

Right. Even if I were allowed to, I more than likely wouldn't. I'm in a single-income household and I don't have $3000 to spend on anything, especially an in-car camera system. Were I to wreck my car and destroy the camera I'd be out $3000 because the department sure as hell isn't going to reimburse me.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Right. Even if I were allowed to, I more than likely wouldn't. I'm in a single-income household and I don't have $3000 to spend on anything, especially an in-car camera system. Were I to wreck my car and destroy the camera I'd be out $3000 because the department sure as hell isn't going to reimburse me.

But but but but.....the diversion funds.....:tinfoil:

D.B.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Avon
    Maybe the FOP can kick in a few bucks.... How many cameras could we buy with Bisard's legal fees?

Top Bottom