• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Yep, I was wrong - it was someone else I was on the same page with, not you. Let me explain it again - I don't like Coats & I think he is not a 2nd Amendment supporter. However, the power of the Democrats lies in how many of them there are. If they're in power, they pick the agenda - which is very progressive & will include gun control. THEREFORE, I'm going to vote for the R, even if he's a RINO, to keep the Dems from being in the majority & running the agenda. The more Republicans you have, the more likely gun control won't even be an issue. Using that train of thought (whether you agree or not) is the reason I'm voting for the SOB that voted against the 2nd Amendment twice. I'm looking at the whole puzzle, not just one piece of it. You feel free to vote for Ellsworth, that's your choice & I'm fine with it (although I don't agree). If your candidate wins though, there's a higher liklihood that there'll be some anti 2nd Amendment legislation in our future.

WE THE PEOPLE pick the agenda. Vote Rebecca if you want real change.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    WE THE PEOPLE pick the agenda. Vote Rebecca if you want real change.

sad thing is that a lot of people dont want the REAL change that constitutional candidates will bring. Its tough for them to turn away from that hand thats always offering stuff to them. they dont realize how much it REALY cost them and their children. people want the quick fix. thats why I believe that afew nust make the nasty choice for the many and do whats right by the constitution. Its not about what the majority want in this country, its about upholding and defending the constitution. And, if AGAIN, afew people need to FIX things then I think its wise.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Third time posting this in the last few minutes:
    Rebecca Sink-Burris

Finally we have a viable third party candidate, not to mention a member of this site!!!!

Don't waste your vote on the "lesser of two evils" when there is a very good third choice!

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I think that people that are voting for the 'lesser of two evils' are burdened with the false assumption that the Republicans want to defeat the Democrats. That is absolutely not true anymore. I haven't forgotten the contract with America that gave the republicans the house and senate and president. What happened? Nothing. Everything that they tried was defeated by Republican infighting and a willing Democrat minority.
    The goal is to accumulate and maintain power.
    That's all.
    The reason for Coats coming out of retirement is the existing republicans know he will not change anything or upset the status quo like Hostettler or the any of other Tea Party candidates would have.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    I am voting for the Libertarian:
    Rebecca Sink-Burris
    Finally a chance to vote for someone who isn't a Socialest with eithewr a D or R after their name. TIME FOR A CHANGE!

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I am a lifelong Republican, and for many years I used this same "lesser of two evils" argument to convince myself to hold my nose and vote for a Republican I couldn't otherwise stomach. My guilt got worse with every time I sold out my beliefs in the name of political expediency.
    No more!!
    Maybe, if I and all the others out there like me had stood our ground and voted for our principles rather than our party, just maybe we wouldn't all be in the situation we're in now. Although I freely admit that that Rebecca Sink-Burris probably won't win in November (hey, a miracle could happen), I WILL be voting for her. Better I draw the line in the sand and make my stand now, than that I continue to tuck my tail and vote for candidates that are getting farther and farther from the basic principles I hold dear.
    You sir, may vote for your political expedience and I will vote my conscience. Then we'll see who sleeps more soundly on election night.

I agree with Quicksdraw. I'm done voting for RINOs ... or Rs or Ds or anyone else that takes my vote for granted. It's conservative/constitutionalists for me, no matter what banner they fly. Do they have to be pure? ... no, not by a long shot but the stuff that has been fed to us these past several years is downright toxic and I ain't drinking it anymore. NEVER AGAIN will anyone take my vote for granted ... EVER.

I've said it before and I will continue to say it again ...
    "Continuing to vote for a Republican simply because he's not a Democrat is like a woman choosing her abusive husband over the rapist simply because the abusive husband occasionally whispers "I love you" in her ear."
    The second you believe you have only two choices, you and anything you ever stood for are toast! I WILL respect anyone who disagrees and subscribes to the "lesser of two evils" doctrine but please allow me to respectfully feel sorry for you.

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    Screw the establishment. Neither the Dems or Republicans give a hoot about you, this republic nor the documents upon which it all stands! If you keep voting for the "lessor of the two evils" that's the only choice you will ever have because it's a self perpetuating cycle.

Take a stand now, VOTE LIBERTARIAN!

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    What will you all do when your unelectable candidates are still looking for jobs after the election. All this stuff amounts to is a whole lot of chest beating and no possibility for any real change. Stick with and help reform the Republican party. Apart from that, for the foreseeable future,you'll all be railing against the system and hyping the next candidate that has no chance of winning.

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    Dan Coats was interviewed on Bill Bennett's 'Morning in America' radio show this morning. The very first caller was from Terre Haute and slammed Coats on the AWB vote he made. Coats basically said he would never vote against the 2nd Amendment again. I'm not really convinced. I would not call him pro-gun based on his answer. But I think that given the current political climate it is unlikely that he would vote against the 2nd Amendment in the near future. He MUST be watched like a hawk, we must stay on top of him, but I think he probably realized that his vote was a frigging mistake.

One thing that ticked me off was what Bill Bennett said at the end. This can NOT be attributed to Coats, but Bennett said that assault weapons were not used by hunters. Well he WAS correct about 15 years ago when that bill was being debated. HOWEVER now that we have the Indiana DNR endorsing the 458 SOCOM round the AR15 is actually growing in popularity as a legitimate hunting rifle here in Indiana for taking Whitetail Deer.

Do I trust Coats on the gun issue? Not really. However for as long as Obama is in office I think that he, and some of the other weak kneed GOP members will be reliable pro-gun votes. However if the GOP takes over MAJORITIES in either house then that is when I would become worried that things will return to Democrat-Lite for many GOP members.
    Agreed

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Forget Dan Coats, vote for the other guy.

If the other guy doesn't live up to what is expected, vote him out.

Keep doing that.

I see people voting for politicians they don't like because they are afraid of the other guy. I just keep voting against people until I find someone I like.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Been talking to a lot of people, and am amazed at how many are talking SINK-BURRIS!!!!

I am starting to really believe that for once a third party candidate has a chance to win. People are tired of lock-step voting in congress, and Ellsworth is one of the obamabots. Coats is a traitor to his country, voting against the constitution. And people are noticing that for once we have a viable third party candidate.

Show the news media that they don't run things, VOTE SINK-BURRIS!!!

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    What will you all do when your unelectable candidates are still looking for jobs after the election. All this stuff amounts to is a whole lot of chest beating and no possibility for any real change. Stick with and help reform the Republican party. Apart from that, for the foreseeable future,you'll all be railing against the system and hyping the next candidate that has no chance of winning.

Respectfully, that mindset is the reason they are unelectable. Because people are under some sort of confused misguided thinking the Republicans or Democrats actually give a hoot about taxpayers and they can be "reformed". The only way you will see reform is if you vote out of the box. Rebecca may not be elected this time. Hopefully she get's enough votes for the other parties to take notice if there is ever to be any hope for change. It would absolutely be great if she did win and that would send a message very loud and very clear but realistically it won't happen. I'm still voting for her even if she doesn't have a chance because it's our only hope of saving the Republic. This country desperately needs a third party and until we the voters step up and do it we will always be doomed for more of the same. She has my vote because I refuse to vote for the "lessor of the two evils". There is no hope for ever changing the Republican or Democratic party. No matter which party is elected it looks and acts like the other party, to the point you can't tell which one is which. Time to try something new, can't be any worse than what we have and you never know it just might be an improvement.

Ski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Indy
    I have to agree. The main goal now is to stop the bleeding and remove the democrats from positions of power. I believe gridlock is our only hope for the next couple of years and that it will take multiple election cycles of voting in more conservative candidates in the primaries. Otherwise, the only message being sent is that we agree to let you continue to destroy this great country.

Top Bottom