• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Guys... Quit arguing with Hotdoger - he's not going to suddenly see it your way due to some epiphany you post nor is he going to come up with any more intelligent arguments for his views.

You're fighting a losing battle - even if you are right.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Guys... Quit arguing with Hotdoger - he's not going to suddenly see it your way due to some epiphany you post nor is he going to come up with any more intelligent arguments for his views.

You're fighting a losing battle - even if you are right.

:+1: Joust with windmill cancelled!

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    It is inferred from the fact that no one with a double digit IQ could fail to realize what they were doing, necessarily making it intentional.

So other similar beatdowns that didn't result in death were just really failed "summary executions"?

Still looking for how many have survived similar failed executions other than hanging. Was Rodney king one?

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I have posted 144 threads and 3575 posts on INGO.

In NONE of them have I defended LEOs beating to death ANYONE.

This threads comments about what I believe or think is dumbfounding to me. :dunno:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    So other similar beatdowns that didn't result in death were just really failed "summary executions"?

Still looking for how many have survived similar failed executions other than hanging. Was Rodney king one?

No... Rodney King didn't die :dunno: His case would be more accurately described as "Summary Justice" (or injustice)...

Whether or not the description of either constitute Summary anything... I think its clear that excessive force was applied in both cases.

This is a difficult case to justify.... The fact is, a man lost his life by repeated blunt trauma to the head by multiple assailants while pleading for his life. Had this been a single errant blow that accidentally resulted in this mans death, then maybe I'd have a bit more of an open mind about it. These men beat with through stages of submission, mercy, unconsciousness... all the way to dead while shocked onlookers/family members begged and pleaded for them to stop.

Then they rounded up the witnesses and confiscated video evidence. This is a scary story....

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    No... Rodney King didn't die :dunno: His case would be more accurately described as "Summary Justice" (or injustice)...

Whether or not the description of either constitute Summary anything... I think its clear that excessive force was applied in both cases.

This is a difficult case to justify.... The fact is, a man lost his life by repeated blunt trauma to the head by multiple assailants while pleading for his life. Had this been a single errant blow that accidentally resulted in this mans death, then maybe I'd have a bit more of an open mind about it. These men beat with through stages of submission, mercy, unconsciousness... all the way to dead while shocked onlookers/family members begged and pleaded for them to stop.

Then they rounded up the witnesses and confiscated video evidence. This is a scary story....
    Some people in this thread imply that this guy brought everything on himself and deserved what he got.

The question is does that absolve the officers in any wrong doing and give them free reign to do whatever they wish ,including continuing the beat down after the individual was unresponsive and no longer posed a threat?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Some people in this thread imply that this guy brought everything on himself and deserved what he got.

The question is does that absolve the officers in any wrong doing and give them free reign to do whatever they wish ,including continuing the beat down after the individual was unresponsive and no longer posed a threat?

I will start with your excellent post and offer that some of these people who are arguing that had the decedent not acted in such a way as to draw negative attention from the police, there would have been no problem, should consider the increasingly arbitrary nature of law, increasing latitude afforded to law enforcement, and the fact that this noose (i.e., the arbitrary law plus unrestricted enforcement) can become extremely tight about one's neck. This isn't too far from a bullet between the eyes rather than a ticket for speeding.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Here is one of the videos that did *not* get deleted.

Cell videos show man screaming as he's restrained by deputies - latimes.com

Rodriguez told ABC23 that "the more incriminating video was one on the other cellphone." He said that video was shot "while the batons were swinging." Rodriguez added the second phone was returned to his client with no video. If a video was erased from that phone, he said, it could not be recovered because of the type of the device.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    this noose (i.e., the arbitrary law plus unrestricted enforcement) can become extremely tight about one's neck. .

Not if you don't stick your neck out and make yourself a target .

If you keep your neck , your behind and whatever stupidity you're involved in at your house , you wont have this problem . :dunno:

Play stupid games , win stupid prizes .

Stand on the tracks long enough and you'll meet a train .

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Not if you don't stick your neck out and make yourself a target .

If you keep your neck , your behind and whatever stupidity you're involved in at your house , you wont have this problem . :dunno:

Play stupid games , win stupid prizes .

Stand on the tracks long enough and you'll meet a train .

Interesting analogy....

Trains are designed to run on tracks... are you implying that police are designed to beat people to death with batons?

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Interesting analogy....

Trains are designed to run on tracks... are you implying that police are designed to beat people to death with batons?

LOL , not at all .

I'm saying that there's things in life that everybody with at least two working brain cells SHOULD KNOW will happen .

If the sky clouds up , you should expect bad weather .

If you stand on the tracks long enough , you will get hit by a train .

If you get drunk / high / whatever in public , YOU SHOULD expect to meet a cop .

Pretty simple how that works .

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    LOL , not at all .

I'm saying that there's things in life that everybody with at least two working brain cells SHOULD KNOW will happen .

If you get drunk / high / whatever in public , YOU SHOULD expect to meet a cop .

And should you expect to be beaten to death by that cop?

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Wow

This is pretty disturbing considering my brother is in the process of moving to Bakersfield this week due to an excellent career opportunity. Sounds like a Rodney King deal but worse.:noway:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    LOL , not at all .

Meeting a cop and getting beaten to death by a pack of them are two different things.

Everyday I drive I know there is a possibility I could get pulled over by a cop and receive a ticket if I speed... Are you now saying that I should expect to get pulled over and beaten to death for speeding?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Did he resist? Did he grab for his waistband? Did he swing on them? Did he spit on them? Did he try to run?

I don't know these answers. Does anyone here?

Why the 3rd if we don't know the facts. Other than at least one of the blows killed him - or did he have a heart condition :dunno:

You guys really think all those cops woke up that morning, drinking their coffee and thinking - "This is a good day to kill someone."

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy

If he's a Kalifornia cop then yes . If he's a NY cop you should expect to get shot .

If he's an IMPD cop you should expect to get ran the hell over .

Point is , be leary of them and don't give them a reason to eff with you .

Get drunk / high / whatever in public and your chances of meeting one goes up dramatically .

I haven't spoke to a cop I didn't want to in years by following that principle .

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You guys really think all those cops woke up that morning, drinking their coffee and thinking - "This is a good day to kill someone."

I think most of them believe they got carried away and didn't stop long after the man was beyond even being able to resist.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    If he's a Kalifornia cop then yes . If he's a NY cop you should expect to get shot .

If he's an IMPD cop you should expect to get ran the hell over .

Point is , be leary of them and don't give them a reason to eff with you .

Get drunk / high / whatever in public and your chances of meeting one goes up dramatically .

I haven't spoke to a cop I didn't want to in years by following that principle .

I get what you are saying... but at some point we have to hold police officers who commit crimes accountable for their actions. If we don't... if we simply hide from them or ignore them... then like Rambone said... the noose gets tighter; the number of incidents increase and the line between acceptable behavior and unacceptable behavior begins to blur.

Far too often are we allowing those we entrust to protect and serve to get away with atrocities.

I respect cops... I respect the difficulty of their jobs and I know that sometimes they get put into situations where the heat of the moment churns out horrible results. I feel bad for that cop who shot the Hofstra student. I personally think he made an error in judgement... but he didn't have the luxury of time. He made a split second decision and it resulted in the death of the person he was trying to save. Its tragic...but I don't label him a murderer.

These officers... heat of the moment or not... they had more than enough time. They were not in grave danger... and yet they beat bludgeoned him repeatedly to death while this man pleaded for life.

That is murder in my book and they should all be held accountable for their parts.

Top Bottom