• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    That's just great. We live in a world where a mass shooting could take place anytime/anywhere and the response of the liberals is to take our abilities to defend ourselves away. Why don't we stop letting the problem people in?

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    That's just great. We live in a world where a mass shooting could take place anytime/anywhere and the response of the liberals is to take our abilities to defend ourselves away. Why don't we stop letting the problem people in?

By problem people do you mean the shooter? He was born and raised in America last I heard. No border control would have prevented that.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't think there's any immediate threat of an anti-gun movement on this event. Even the usual suspects have conceded this one pretty quick as a terrorist situation, which takes a lot of heat off of firearms.

The only gun talk I'm reading about is "why was he allowed to buy them!"

Well, he's an American citizen with no criminal record that passed two background checks. What else do you suggest we do? He wasn't on a no fly list because Obama admin and DOJ stated such a list is profiling and racist.

rausch51

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    The Ville
    Ordered some Pmags this morning... Mostly because they were the last foliage green ones I could find, but current events played a part

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    You said it Bog Walker

Prices were going to skyrocket when we got into the general election anyways. This just moved the time table up a bit.

But was surprised I stopped by WM at Emmerson and 465, ammo case was full, I grabbed three boxes of WWB .380 for the ol lady's G-42.

Last edited:

MadCity Hoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    Greencastle
    I heard a news briefing yesterday evening, in which a member of law enforcement stated that the shooter had been investigated by the FBI two different times in the past few years. However, both times he was "cleared" or something, which meant he was not forbidden to purchase weapons. Scary thought... the FBI already knew this guy might be a problem fellow. I wonder how many people fall into that category in the US... 100's? 1,000's?

I'd definitely be unhappy to lose my ability to legally purchase a firearm for simply being investigated, so it's hypocritical of me to say that this shooter should never have been allowed to make a gun purchase either. But, he was investigated TWICE by the FBI? I'd like to think that being investigated twice by the FBI would put the shooter in such elite company that he was being watched pretty closely. Perhaps not.

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    just left my local gun store he told me had already planned on ordering some AR's this morning and his dealer told them they was about out and to be prepared for another round like Sandy Hook

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Its interesting that IS would target gays as homosexuality is a common practice in the Muslim world. It should come as no surprise that the Libs are spinning this into a push for an AWB. The limits to how low they will stoop to push their own agenda knows no boundries.

Not at all. It's not about theirsexuality, it's about this being another soft target. What group is the most likely to not be armed in public? Liberal gay men and women. While there are exceptions to the rule, it's still valid. A school will be next.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    FYI - SG Ammo has already added a four day shipping delay. Palmetto is now out of a bunch (but not all AR parts and uppers) - darn lucky that I happened to order the LPKs for my next two builds early last week.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    just left my local gun store he told me had already planned on ordering some AR's this morning and his dealer told them they was about out and to be prepared for another round like Sandy Hook
    Are there still panic buyers that have room for more ARs? Didn't they learn their lesson that they can't get their money back out of them if they over pay?

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A

Sounds like the LGS might be using this as a "scare tactic" to get you to buy an AR.
    After all they are in the business of selling guns and ammo. I'm sure some on here and elsewhere view this as a "shot in the arm" that a stagnate gun market could use right about now.

whtsti2005

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Carmel
    I think as a responsible gun owner, we should already keep a certain amount of ammo on hand. I try to put some $$ in the kitty each week to buy bulk for practice and a little for storage. I will admit that I'm concerned because I see more focus on the gun issue than addressing radical idiots! This guy could have easily drove his car into the building with fertilizer and diesel fuel. The government wants our "weapons of mass destruction" so that they can control us. The 2nd amendment protects the others. I'm also worried because even our GOP congressional folks have learned to fold when it comes to important issues. I trust none of them. What ever happened to: "for the people, by the people"?? I am very disappointed in how things are going that is for sure.

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    Sounds like the LGS might be using this as a "scare tactic" to get you to buy an AR.
    After all they are in the business of selling guns and ammo. I'm sure some on here and elsewhere view this as a "shot in the arm" that a stagnate gun market could use right about now.

I dunno. Might be. He also knew i wasnt gonna buy one so he had nothing to gain. The general public will buy into anything so another gun scare wont suprise me. I have all the ammo and guns i have been buying while market is down.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I was glad to see my ammo order confirmation come through this morning.
    :woot:

Same here. I got my shipper notice from Freedom this morning.
    I am sitting pretty good compared to past ammo shortages, (assuming we will have one) but those past ammo shortages have taught me that I can never have enough ammo. The only thing I would really like more of is 5.56. I was getting ramped up to start shooting in a local Carbine league, but I may have to rethink if ammo prices get stupid again. :xmad:

Top Bottom