• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whtsti2005

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Carmel
    I just purchased some .223 ammo today just in case prices start to get stupid again. I have to believe that there is inventory, but I'm sure pricing will increase just like gas lol. I have to believe everyone owns 200 magazines after the last mad dash.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    SGammo still his a lot of inventory. This "panic" doesn't seem to be materializing. Guess the credit card bills from the last one are still being paid off.

Monday morning SGAmmo was wiped out on the cheaper brass cased .223 and 9mm. I bought some 12 gauge buckshot and slugs that I had planned to buy in August or September. Their normal shipping was delayed a bit.

I think the panic has started but most of us are already fully restocked after learning our lesson. I bought shotgun shells and bullets for reloading because I felt should, not out of necessity. I would have bought eventually anyway and it might as well be stored at my house instead of a warehouse.

Wife told me to grab a second AR if I wanted one. But I shoot the one I already own very little. I will pickup some more magazines just because.

I expect this weekend will be busy at the gun stores. Father's Day plus politicians flapping their jaws. SAles should be strong.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I eventually will order some more 5.56 ammo and some mags but that is primarily because I don't have much, being an AK guy. I will content myself with the INGO lowers I have coming and their eventual build.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I eventually will order some more 5.56 ammo and some mags but that is primarily because I don't have much, being an AK guy. I will content myself with the INGO lowers I have coming and their eventual build.

I might go ahead and grab a lower. There is a company in Seymour that either is or is going to start making lowers. I think it would be cool to own a lower stamped made in Seymour, IN. Been thinking about buying one since the NRA show. Maybe build a 9mm PCC out of it.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    How many magazines do you guys recommend? I have two AR's and 14 magazines. Is that enough?

Enough for what? :):

Magazine fed guns don't run without magazines. Magazines do wear out eventually. I have attended carbine courses and in every case a half dozen magazines were plenty. Realistically a person can only carry a few mags on them. My recommendation is to determine how may mags you think you can carry (I have pocket space for 4 plus 1 in the gun). Then load that many new clean tested mags in your bag, safe, vest, pouch, whatever and leave them alone. Buy that many new mags and store. Toss your of dirty mags in your rage bag. As your crummy old range mas wear out stomp on them real hard and rotate in one of your tested mags. Replace that with a new mag. See how this cycle works?

For handguns I buy and rotate in a couple new carry mags every year. The old mags go in the range bag for practice.

Keep your powder dry and your mags clean.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When I had multiples in the AR platform I made it a point to have at least 15 per gun.
    I am now way down numbers wise on the AR's but I have all these Mags.....loaded.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The Mouse Mod came drove down here one time to shoot with me. I told him to bring a couple hundreds rounds with more being better. He must have interpreted that as to bring all that ammo pre loaded in magazines. Which is pretty impressive considering he shoots 1911s.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Sometimes I think I've got more money in mags than I do in guns. I should probably order some more mags.

ram77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 17, 2010
    Could be Another scare like when Obama got reelected hopefully it won't do any permanent damage but maybe make a few extra bucks off some gun sales. Either way people are dumb and will blame it on guns not the gay terrorist who committed the act.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Check out some of the picks on ar15.com they have a thread called " who is the biggest magazine whore" lol some of the picks put me to shame when I thought I was bad.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I used to keep 4 for each pistol I had and 7 for each AR. Then I decided that 6 for each pistol was a good number. Then threw out the whole system and started buying them here and there as I had the extra money. Currently at 64 or so pistol mags and 45 or so AR mags. Always room for more. :patriot:

Top Bottom