• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I treat guns, accessories, and ammo like my 401k. Dollar cost averaging.

The only difference is i can max out a 401k annual contribution.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I'm not allowed to buy any guns right now anyway, so I'm not all that concerned. Plus, I already have my EBR and a stack of "high capacity assault mags". This time around though I'm not selling what I have to buy something else.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    So maybe a more appropriate response with the public declaration that Hillary Clinton has made concerning our rights is for everyone considering voting for her to sell the rest of us their guns before she comes for them.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    FYI - SG Ammo has already added a four day shipping delay. Palmetto is now out of a bunch (but not all AR parts and uppers) - darn lucky that I happened to order the LPKs for my next two builds early last week.

I just ordered a lower build kid for an inexpensive build I'm doing. Have a bid in on an upper on gunbroker and a Rise Armament trigger coming too. I think I've got an extra charging handle, so all I'll need is the BCG to complete the rifle.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I put in my annual order yesterday. Less than last year

Couldn't find brass 7.62 X 39 though

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    @ GPIA7R,
    No, Wal-Mart is still $24.95/100 for the Federal Champion 100 pack. $22.95 or so for the Winchester WB 100 pack. The Wally World in Lawrenceburg had a lot of it for a change. I guess they are getting ramped up for the upcoming "panic".

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Snorko shamefully admits to ordering 15 additional AR mags today. Prices were the same from PSA but they were sold out yesterday.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Bid on a few AR mags. This sucks. I've got an AR lower coming from the group buy so I won't be able to get that built in time now.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Stopped at the LGS. He said the panic buying on AR stuff is starting. I bought 3 stripped lowers that I needed to buy anyway. I had 2 LPKs that needed to be used.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Stopped at the LGS. He said the panic buying on AR stuff is starting. I bought 3 stripped lowers that I needed to buy anyway. I had 2 LPKs that needed to be used.

I've only bought built/ready ARs... can you define these items?

Stripped lower? Is that a lower without an LPK?
    Lower Parts Kit - Are these purely bought for/with lowers in order to build an AR, or are they also used for maintenance? Why do the prices vary so much?
    What's an "80% lower" that I've seen on here sometimes?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I've only bought built/ready ARs... can you define these items?

Stripped lower? Is that a lower without an LPK?
    Lower Parts Kit - Are these purely bought for/with lowers in order to build an AR, or are they also used for maintenance? Why do the prices vary so much?
    What's an "80% lower" that I've seen on here sometimes?
    Yes, stripped lower has no parts installed.
    You can buy them to have spare parts on hand but several of the parts are unlikely to ever break so you are wasting money on some of them. There are some parts that you want to keep on hand. Price difference comes quality of the parts, nation of origin, brand...
    80% lower is normally a stripped lower that still has some metal to be drilled or milled out of the way. Since it is not complete I don't believe it has a serial number and does not have a 4473 completed when purchased. I have never bought one so don't know the ins and outs of them.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I went ahead and ordered the bcg for my "economy" AR build. AIM has NiBor bcg's for 99.95 delivered. All I will be lacking for my INGO lower build will be the carry handle (going old school with it).

Top Bottom