• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yeah, I don't think we should all be well dressed, as gun ownership is for ALL citizens, whether you're an office manager with a business suit, or a plumber with a crack :)...we should show that no matter how you are dressed, you can be a responsible gun owner and follow the law. By stating we should all be well dressed is somewhat controlling our right to carry, as if you only wear a t-shirt and jeans, you're not good enough to carry a firearm...please. The media will twist things as they may, but if we follow the law, I don't see what the problem is with however you want to dress.:twocents:

All I was saying is that we shouldn't have people dressed up with shirts on that have foul language, or things that could get us bad publicity. That's all I was saying. If you want to wear camo pants and an NRA shirt, that's street casual to me... :D

I hope THIS GUY does not show up to an event.

(uggh, he has same GPS that I do...)

NOT IN THE LEAST SAFE FOR WORK (audio) NSFW
    Unless of course you work at home.

iGun Rampage is Today's BIG Thing in Technology - AUG 17, 2009

:eek: As long as that's just how he feels and doesn't EVER act on it, well, whatever man! LoL Can you imagine what the people next to him were thinking when they saw that?!?!?! :laugh:

None of that at our march please! :)

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    the question

B.) No. It creates an environment of fear at these events.

59.27%

A.) Yes. They’re just exercising their Second Amendment rights.

30.98%

C.) Maybe. It depends on how much firepower they’re packing.

9.76%

They've always got to add their own personal stupid insight to a simple yes, no, maybe question just to make sure it totally supports what ever biased position they held when they were trying to create a poll to support their position.

Rev19:11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I woke up to this article and couldn't be happier. A clean cut, shirt-and-tie-and-glasses wearing dude chewing gum with a rifle slung over his shoulder... couldn't get anymore low-key yet POWERFUL than that.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I seem to recall some of the very people saying how cool this is being some of the same people who said how stupid I would be for walking down US40 doing the same thing or how stupid it would be to bring guns, loaded or unloaded, to protest/rally events....

:rolleyes:

Good for these guys. Glad they got to do what I was discouraged from doing! :rockwoot:

SE you were just beating to a toon of a different drummer and were AHEAD of your time.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    SE you were just beating to a toon of a different drummer and were AHEAD of your time.

:facepalm:

Welp, time for everyone to catch up. I'm not going to sit idle waiting for another "AWB" or Ammo Ban. I'm ready to take action and so many people are not. The iron is hot. We gotta strike before it cools.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Ok here we go again with the "Don't exercise your right because you might lose it."
    I would argue as I posted above that this is a good thing that can lead to even better things for all of us.

Exactly. If you don't exercise it, you've already lost it.

"If a man neglect to enforce his rights, he cannot complain if, after a while, the law follows his example." Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

Note: Justice Holmes was not exactly noted as being a "conservative" of his time.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Just looking for clarity in the answer. I realize it is legal to carry a loaded long gun while hunting, etc. But I did not know if there was a restriction imposed on carrying a loaded longarm in public areas (downtown square, street corner, etc). If there is a law prohibiting it I'd be curious to read it. And as our carry permits ONLY seem to apply to HANDGUNS and not other weapons, using a LTCH as our authority to carry an AR15 (openly or concealed) wouldn't seem to stand up to legal scrutiny. So if our LTCH does not give us the authority, then what does? If it is an absence of a law that insures our rights, I'm fine with that, but I simply want to confirm that there is an absence of law on this issue.

The **ONLY** place where you can not carry a LONG GUN (riffle or shotgun, loaded or unloaded) in public is in the City of East Chicago, IN. There is a city ordinance that prohibits this although that ordiance has never been enforced.

In addition some may argue that it is an unconstitutational ordiances against the IN constitution since now local/county/city law can supercede the IN state law. However it can be agrued that since IN is silent regarding the carrying of long guns that the ordiance indeed can stand. See the twisted logic.

In any case I highly though that EC police will fine or arrest you for that ordiance as it's real old and I'm not sure if it is still on the books. I think it is but few people know of it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I can't find their set of laws/ordinances on firearms, but I did find this gem...

Executive Order No. 1, 2000

CONSOLIDATED CITY OF INDIANAPOLIS

COUNTY OF MARION
    STATE OF INDIANA
    EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 1, 2000
    PROHIBITION OF VIDEO GAMES WITH VIOLENT CONTENT
    FROM CITY RIGHTS-OF-WAY AND PUBLIC PROPERTY
    WHEREAS, the content of numerous video games consists of mild or strong animated or life-like violence, including, for example, replica firearms used to shoot and kill human beings, and other means by which the video game player may decapitate, dismember, and/or commit other violent acts on human beings; and
    WHEREAS, studies show that youths who play violent video games display higher levels of hostility and anxiety, and that children who play violent video games repeatedly are conditioned to overcome built-in resistance to acting-out violently in response to these emotions; and
    WHEREAS, studies show that children script scenarios based on the violence depicted in the video games they play and use these scenarios when attempting to resolve conflicts; and
    WHEREAS, many violent video games help children develop the precision motor skills required to carry out violent fantasies; and
    WHEREAS, the video game industry affixes certain stickers to coin-operated video games, including yellow stickers for video games with mild animated or life-like violence and red stickers for video games with strong animated or life-like violence, but despite these ratings, coin-operated video games with yellow and red stickers are still available locally to children of any age; and
    WHEREAS, it is the policy of this administration to empower parents to choose whether these violent video games are appropriate forms of entertainment for their children, and to limit the unsupervised access of children to violent video games; and
    WHEREAS, it is further the policy of this administration to encourage the passage of an ordinance to implement appropriate and effective restrictions on youth access to violent video games and to encourage all other municipal corporations and public entities within Marion County to comply with the terms of this Executive Order in advance of the passage of such an ordinance;

NOW, THEREFORE, by virtue of the authority vested in me as Mayor of the City of Indianapolis, Indiana, and as successor at law to the Board of Commissioners of Marion County, it is hereby ordered as follows:
    1. <LI style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" dir=ltr>The placement and/or maintenance of any violent video game upon public rights-of-way, sidewalks, or other real property or easements that are owned or controlled by the City of Indianapolis or Marion County, Indiana, or any department, office or agency thereof, is hereby prohibited. <LI style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" dir=ltr>The owner of any violent video game maintained on such public property on or after the date of this Executive Order by virtue of any license or permit previously issued by the City or any of its departments, shall be notified of this Executive Order and shall voluntarily remove the violent video game, or the City shall institute proceedings to have the license or permit revoked.
    2. For purposes of this Executive Order, "violent video game" means and includes any coin-operated video game, or other video game that is available for access by the general public and that has, or under the current practice of the video game industry should have, affixed to it a yellow sticker for mild animated or life-like violence or a red sticker for strong animated or lifelike violence.
    DATED this 13 day of March, 2000.

:n00b: :laugh: :scratch:

OOOO FOund it! :D

http://www.municode.com/Resources/gateway.asp?pid=12016&sid=14

Gonna be a nice search after lunch...

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    wait a second. Did I miss the link/text where the law says it's legal to carry guns at an event on property in Indiana during the day by people for a reason that does not have to be enumerated loaded or not?

There is no law that says it's legal because one isn't needed. So long as there's no law that says it's illegal, then it's legal by definition.

So except for certain places where carrying firearms is prohibited, there is no law forbidding the carrying of long arms.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Do you think the people bringing guns to political events such as President Obama’s speech in Phoenix on Monday are acting appropriately?
    B.) No. It creates an environment of fear at these events.

59.27%

A.) Yes. They’re just exercising their Second Amendment rights.

30.98%

C.) Maybe. It depends on how much firepower they’re packing.

9.76%

Total Votes: 410

Ok need some help here. Get out the vote !

I cant find that poll to save my life. Where the heck is it? I'm seeing an article with comments below it.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Yeah, I don't think we should all be well dressed, as gun ownership is for ALL citizens, whether you're an office manager with a business suit, or a plumber with a crack :)...we should show that no matter how you are dressed, you can be a responsible gun owner and follow the law. By stating we should all be well dressed is somewhat controlling our right to carry, as if you only wear a t-shirt and jeans, you're not good enough to carry a firearm...please. The media will twist things as they may, but if we follow the law, I don't see what the problem is with however you want to dress.:twocents:

The suggestion was not made from the perspective of rights but from that of tactics.

A person who is:

1. Well dressed.
    2. Calm.
    3. Articulate.
    4. Personable.

Is going to go farther toward promoting RKBA in a positive fashion than someone who is

1. Not so well dressed.
    2. Excitable.
    3. Furblunged (Yiddish for all tonguetied and confused under stress).
    4. Irritable with jerk reporters.

However strongly one believes about RKBA, one has to focus on tactics and strategies that can actually succeed.

The long term goal is a complete return to the actual meaning of the 2nd Amendment. However, it won't happen all at once any more than we got where we are now all at once. Think tactically and in terms of both not giving ground (or minimizing lost ground), and in making small, achievable steps.

Top Bottom