• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I'm more brand loyal on vehicles than anything else since it is such a large investment and I tend to keep my vehicles for 10 plus years and 200K+ miles. Even then it is more by process of elimination for the brands I won't buy than loyalty for the ones I will. I do my research on models and model years before making a purchase but I've never owned a daily driver that wasn't GM and likely never will as long as they keep producing vehicles that meet my needs. The only other brand I would consider is Toyota but they are overly proud of their vehicles and still haven't discovered the concept of legroom yet. The wife picks her own vehicles though with a few inviable rules: No Fords, no KIAs, and no more Subarus.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Exofficio underwear.
    They made something that works excellent, so I’m loyal to them. Until something new is discovered, but that is unlikely to happen because of “brand loyalty”. That, and the grape juice that we drink at the cult meetings.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    A lot of folks just stick with what they know and are comfortable with. I'm typically that way.

I've had Samsung android phones for as long as I've had a smartphone. They seem to last a long time (had a S8 before the current S21) and are user friendly, so when this phones battery finally gives up the ghost, I'll likely just buy the latest (or 2nd latest) Samsung model.

I've had an iPhone as a company phone and just not a fan of their iOS. Or is it I'm so used to Android?

Gramps retired from Chrysler and when I was younger, that's all my aunts and uncles drove (green sheet pricing and all). That's changed in the past 15 years to whatever, imports and domestics.

Personally, I've had 3 Rams, 2 F150s, 2 Durango's, and a Blazer. If I had to buy a new truck today, it'd be a GMC. Notice, I didn't list an import. I've had a few as rentals as just not a fan of how they are designed and setup. I had a Mitsubishi recently (only took it as everything else was smaller) and I didn't care for it.

Tools - I'm not in the trades so no brand loyalty there. Harbor Freight, Menards, or Lowe's, whoever has the right tool for the job.

Lawn Equipment - I had a Craftsman push mower for years (bought it before i was married) and it never failed. Even had a true Craftsman riding mower when I was a kid and it was great. Currently, have a new Craftsman riding mower (it's really a MTD), Craftsman string trimmer, Craftsman handheld blower, Craftsman chainsaws, and a Husqvarna backpack blower.

Toys - I started out with a Springfield and typically stick with them, although there are some other brands in the safe...

Food - I don't discriminate. I'm on the road often, so I'll hit most drive thru's. For a good, sit down meal, no matter where I am, Texas Roadhouse. Their consistency is amazing, decent prices, and a nice atmosphere...

I'll add this. When my wife and I were dating, we dined at Texas Roadhouse enough (with the same server) that he bought us a gift card for Christmas!

Last edited:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Food - I don't discriminate. I'm on the road often, so I'll hit most drive thru's. For a good, sit down meal, no matter where I am, Texas Roadhouse. Their consistency is amazing, decent prices, and a nice atmosphere...

I'll add this. When my wife and I were dating, we dined at Texas Roadhouse enough (with the same server) that he bought us a gift card for Christmas!
    Since this is INGO and it is mandatory that every discussion turns to food eventually, I'll say that they Texas Roadhouse is almost dead to me after changing their chicken. Their "chicken critters" used to be hand breaded and well seasoned. Texas Roadhouse was about the only place I'd order something like that when the wife and I went out to eat. The last couple of times we went to one, the chicken tenders looked and tasted like something that came out of the frozen food aisle at Walmart.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Texas Roadhouse is almost dead to me after changing their chicken.
    What??? Your going to a steakhouse and ordering chicken?? It is like going to a seafood place and ordering a cheeseburger!!! Ahh kidding aside.... I am not a fan of white meat chicken. Still bummed over Mcdonald's nuggets going to white meat decades ago.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Since this is INGO and it is mandatory that every discussion turns to food eventually, I'll say that they Texas Roadhouse is almost dead to me after changing their chicken. Their "chicken critters" used to be hand breaded and well seasoned. Texas Roadhouse was about the only place I'd order something like that when the wife and I went out to eat. The last couple of times we went to one, the chicken tenders looked and tasted like something that came out of the frozen food aisle at Walmart.
    What??? Your going to a steakhouse and ordering chicken?? It is like going to a seafood place and ordering a cheeseburger!!! Ahh kidding aside.... I am not a fan of white meat chicken. Still bummed over Mcdonald's nuggets going to white meat decades ago.
    Who is ordering chicken at Texas Roadhouse?!

That's like going to a bar and ordering water...

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    My wife loves their prime rib but I've never been a fan of Roadhouse steaks. When I want a steak, I go to Longhorn at a minimum. Most of the time I prefer to cook my own and save $20.

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Texas Roadhouse, last time we went, was to muncie. It was busy, it was loud. The music was to loud, the pa system to call you for your table was louder so you could hear it. All the people in the restaurant had to talk over the music and the pa system. Then add the song and dance.
    Me, I'd rather go to Sullivan's, LaHoadys ot The Tomahawk for a steak.

The kid and I went to The Tomahawk last night.
    Ask for Tim to be your waiter.
    1000001342.jpg

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I used to have brand loyalty. But over the past 20 years, it's become painfully obvious that everyone has gone to "cheapest to produce" instead of "quality". There is now very little difference between "quality" marquees and "value" ones.

I still have a preference to a few brands (such as Chevy / GM), but it is much more tenuous and based more on nostalgia than any real reason.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I used to have brand loyalty. But over the past 20 years, it's become painfully obvious that everyone has gone to "cheapest to produce" instead of "quality". There is now very little difference between "quality" marquees and "value" ones.

I still have a preference to a few brands (such as Chevy / GM), but it is much more tenuous and based more on nostalgia than any real reason.
    And revered names have been sold like bubble gum…

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I have something I used to loyal to, now that y’all mention steakhouses.
    We used to frequent Charleston’s in Carmel, at least once a week.
    We still got a lot of carry out through covid, but when prices went up we laid way off.
    I’m also in the camp of never order a steak out. I’ll get something I’m not gonna get at home. Their rigatoni is sounding good right now.

Eric66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2024
    West Lafayette
    No brand loyalty here. Whoever has what I need that accomplishes what I need it to, in stock so I can put my hands on it before I decide to buy it, when I am looking for it will always get my money.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I don't go out to dinner for a steak. I can make any steak better than any restaurant and save a ton of money in the process

When I go out to dinner I'm getting something I dont normally cook myself because the wife and kid won't eat it.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    None of them around here. Roadhouse is about it for close by. A few others 40 min away.
    LOL, me personally, Ive gone to Vegas and other vacation spots many times just for the food. We would drive 40 min without blinking for a great meal.
    Its that and a bit more for us to drive to Indys Fashion Mall or north of it.
    If I had to guess with my girl being in Vegas until sun morning, On sat night she will have dinner at Ramsey Steak or Gallaghers and bring my son and I two monster rare Porterhouses home for us to eat sun night for dinner.
    If she forgets, we will have The Sads.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Can I ask where you buy your beef?
    I buy a whole cow from a local farmer yearly. When I run out of the steak cuts my local Meijer has phenomenal cuts of meat. I would put their ribeye and filet (most common steak cuts we eat) on par with most any restaurants cuts of meat. Also have a local bison farm I'll get steak cuts from.

Half these restaurants want to add some bs glazing, or cooked in this or that. Screw that. A good steak needs nothing more than a little Himalayan salt and fresh cracked black pepper, and even that's not neccessary

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    breyden
    Top Bottom