• ...and so much more!
  • paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    183   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    One of the biggest things bugging me lately is all the morons in the classifieds who take down the asking price when the item is sold. They replace the price with a SPF or something. WTF!? WHY!?
    Leave the prices there so that people in the future might be able to see what the market price on things is. Or maybe when that SPF falls through, and somebody might have been interested, but they didn't know a price, so they didn't contact you, and now you lost a potential buyer. (Yes, I know that last sentence was a huge run-on sentence. But I don't care.)

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    This is related to one of my pet peeves. I work at a hospital and I don't understand the people who come to the emergency room in a panic because someone is in their car possibly having a heart attack/stroke/etc. and they didn't call an ambulance. The ambulance is there for emergencies, if you are experiencing a medical emergency, CALL THE AMBULANCE. There should be no reason for speeding to the hospital for an emergency. If it's life or death, call the professionals rather than risking your life, their life, and other drivers' lives speeding to the hospital in a panic with someone who could be getting professional care in an ambulance.

:hijack:

Hmm, doesn't that kinda sound like the argument that, "if your house is being broken into, you shouldn't try to stop it, but should just call 911 and wait for the professionals to take care of it"?

I mean, why just sit around and wait for the ambulance to arrive when you could be *doing something* to try to help the person?

Just to clarify - I'm not saying I would just load up the person and take off. But I do believe there are some instances where it serves the person more to start taking him to the hospital rather than sit around waiting for the professionals to come save him.

Since you work at a hospital, you're obviously going to be exposed to more emergencies than I am, so what may be the ONE time in my life that I drive somebody myself to the hospital may appear to you as though I'm just another lunatic who didn't want to pay the ambulance fee (which *is* freakin' expensive, BTW - learned that from my grandpa's and sister's rides).

/ :hijack:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Now that I have a thread-jack post, I feel obligated to actually post a couple of my pet peeves...

When people get mad at me for not holding a constant speed. Look, my truck doesn't have cruise control, okay?! I do the best I can. I'm pretty good at it since I've been driving it for 6 years, but sometimes the poor guy can't make it up the hill without slowing down.

When people don't use turn signals. *cough dad cough*

When people see that a lane is closed up ahead and try to rush all the way up to the front before merging over. It isn't polite. *cough dad cough*

When you see a light is red, just start slowing down. "Coast" up to the light, as somebody mentioned earlier. It's easier on the car, and it's more comfy for the passengers who don't have to endure the quick stop when you get there and the light is _still_ red. *cough dad cough*

When there is a long line of people in the left lane on the interstate who are passing a long line of trucks/slower cars in the right lane at a steady rate - even if not as fast as you'd like to be going - and there is a break in the truck line, don't rush up ahead in the right lane to get further up in to the line of "passers". We'd ALL like to be going faster, just wait your turn!

When people call it an "iTouch" instead of an "iPod touch". There never has been an Apple product called the "iTouch". Nor is there anything called an IPhone, Iphone, IPod, or Ipod. Apple computers are called "Macs", not "MACs". It isn't "PC and MAC", it's "PC and Mac".

The iPad.
    Seriously? Couldn't've gone with "iTab"? Sounds nearly the same, but doesn't seem nearly as much like a feminine hygiene product.

When people don't just type with correct grammar in the first place. If you know English - as you should - then you don't have to spend a lot of time going back to proof-read your post because you should've just written it correctly the first time. Typos I can handle. But when somebody writes an entire paragrah in "stream of consciousness" style without any punctuation marks or capitalization, it is extremely difficult to read and understand. At least have the courtesy of apologizing for your making us read your poorly-written post. If you just don't know any better - fine; but admit it, so we don't think you're just ignorant about it.

When people write "your" for "you're", or use "there" for "they're" or "their", or confuse "effect" and "affect". I can live with mixing up "it's" and "its"; I only got those two straight within the past year or so.

When people make decisions or arguments based on emotion instead of reason. And that isn't a slam on one gender or the other; both make the mistake.

When people argue a topic on which they have no actual information. When people can't admit they are wrong or at least that they can't prove they are right because they don't have the information. I love "arguing" or "debating" or "discussing", but I make sure that I don't make claims I can't support, and I will gladly admit that I have been "won over" or convinced of something if my co-debater can provide logical, reasoned arguments founded in facts.

I'm going to go do homework now. I think this is enough. :)

:ingo:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    The "word" uber. I just hate, yes hate, the "word" uber. I don't know why, but I hate it.

Alistair Ubereem.

overeem_medium.jpg

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    Tailgating cops. Was driving home yesterday and had a cop following behind for about 8-10 miles close enough for someone to crawl from one car to the other.
    Typical ***hole trying to bait a young sports car driver into speeding to safety.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Tailgating cops. Was driving home yesterday and had a cop following behind for about 8-10 miles close enough for someone to crawl from one car to the other.
    Typical ***hole trying to bait a young sports car driver into speeding to safety.

See my above post about speeding cops.

Or when a cop wants to come through a VERY BUSY intersection with his lights on...but no siren. That happened to me yesterday. If I'd not been watching...I'd have been right in his way as he came through. Why? NO SIREN even though his lights were all ablaze. In the defense of the officer, he did "blip" the siren as he nosed out into the intersection. If anyone cares, this was slight after 3:30 yesterday afternoon at the intersection of Shadeland / Western Select Drive. Cop was NB on Shadeland heading towards WB I-70.

I guess it can be summed up that when us regular folks don't follow traffic laws and common driving courtesy...it aggravates me. But when a LEO doesn't follow the traffic laws and common driving courtesy, it REALLY aggravates me.

So there.

-J-

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    See my above post about speeding cops.

Or when a cop wants to come through a VERY BUSY intersection with his lights on...but no siren. That happened to me yesterday. If I'd not been watching...I'd have been right in his way as he came through. Why? NO SIREN even though his lights were all ablaze. In the defense of the officer, he did "blip" the siren as he nosed out into the intersection. If anyone cares, this was slight after 3:30 yesterday afternoon at the intersection of Shadeland / Western Select Drive. Cop was NB on Shadeland heading towards WB I-70.

I guess it can be summed up that when us regular folks don't follow traffic laws and common driving courtesy...it aggravates me. But when a LEO doesn't follow the traffic laws and common driving courtesy, it REALLY aggravates me.

So there.

-J-

Seconded. Also, when police officers do U-turns and nearly hit me. Happens on a near-weekly basis.

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    Fat girls who just have to sing at every conceivable wrong time and place.

For anyone who frequently spends time on a college campus, you probably know one of these big girls that just don't seem to realize that shutting the hell up is a great idea.

If not? Come to IWU, and you'll likely see three in the wild at any given moment.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

Calling law enforcement officers who risk their lives to serve and protect our young and less expirienced drivers is disrespectful young man. I believe this is also a violation of the terms of service here at INGO as you either are posting profanity prohibited here as it is a family oriented sight or are deliberately circumventing the language filter.

It's very imature and I fiind it offensive.

Last edited:

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Hogging the right lane annoys the hell out of me. I stay there for long stretches But I am passing slower vehicles. What really annoys me is when a big rig will hop out in the passing lane while you have the cruise set and are making much more ground up than they are. I have a lot of respect for these guys while driving but some of them are just plain stupid. Also, I have noticed that there are a lot of bad drivers who drive Mercedes and BMW's in between here and Indy. Just because you have an 80k dollar car doesn't mean that you can try to run me off the road because you are in a hurry. whats the point of going more than 10 over anyways? I drive a lifted SUV and don't like going over 80 in it. My middle finger gets a work out on 65!

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Hogging the right lane annoys the hell out of me. I stay there for long stretches But I am passing slower vehicles. What really annoys me is when a big rig will hop out in the passing lane while you have the cruise set and are making much more ground up than they are. I have a lot of respect for these guys while driving but some of them are just plain stupid. Also, I have noticed that there are a lot of bad drivers who drive Mercedes and BMW's in between here and Indy. Just because you have an 80k dollar car doesn't mean that you can try to run me off the road because you are in a hurry. whats the point of going more than 10 over anyways? I drive a lifted SUV and don't like going over 80 in it. My middle finger gets a work out on 65!

Well, part of that is because a lifted SUV just won't perform as well at 80 as a Mercedes or BMW will. I mean, face it, those cars are built to run on the Autobahn without blinking. I've heard it said, though never seen it documented or refuted, that some of those cars are optimized to cruise at like 140mph.

ETA - as long as it is only your middle finger and not your trigger finger, I think we'll all be okay :)

rocked

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Fishers
    If I'm in the left lane and already doing 85 in a 60, don't get on my bumper, just use the right lane to go around. Why do I have to move over just so you can stay in the left lane. [you = the guy behind me]

Because the left lane is for passing! If more drivers knew the rules of the road this would not be an issue. You pass in the left and move back to the right. People don't do this because they don't want to get stuck in the right lane but that wouldn't be an issue if everyone followed the pass and move back to the right method. I will sometimes travel in the left because I'm moving faster than the pace in the right lane but I am aware of my rearview mirror and if I see someone approaching faster than I'm moving I simply move over to the right (out of common courtesy) and then proceed. I agree with the original OP 100%

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    Well, part of that is because a lifted SUV just won't perform as well at 80 as a Mercedes or BMW will. I mean, face it, those cars are built to run on the Autobahn without blinking. I've heard it said, though never seen it documented or refuted, that some of those cars are optimized to cruise at like 140mph.

ETA - as long as it is only your middle finger and not your trigger finger, I think we'll all be okay :)

Most are. Most will have reinforced high speed rubber seals for decreased wind noise, higher cabin pressure (a lot for instance have windows that roll down a quarter of an inch when you open them, so your ears wont pop when you slam them closed), and a very efficient overdrive gear. 140mph is pushing it, but 110 to 130 is avg cruising speed.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fat girls who just have to sing at every conceivable wrong time and place.

For anyone who frequently spends time on a college campus, you probably know one of these big girls that just don't seem to realize that shutting the hell up is a great idea.

If not? Come to IWU, and you'll likely see three in the wild at any given moment.

I was at the Marion campus back in April, and they usually stand in the way of doorways and narrow corridors, requiring you to push past them while having to listen to their drivel.

Top Bottom