• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    :popcorn: Seems to me that we have our share of speeding agressive drivers on here. Maybe a little patience is the order of the day? go ahead, try it, you know you want to. The delay from a LEO stop during which your carry piece and LTCH are discussed completely overcomes the delay from a slow driver. Oh yeah, and amazingly enough, thats my pet peeve.....People on the road with no patience! :rolleyes:

antdog/zook

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    People who use cell phones while driving. I'm not one for more laws, but it really should be illegal.
    indeed! if you are on the phone, just keep it moving, no need to slow down at green lights? oh, thats right....distracted. i use the phone in the car, but i never hold anyone up, i dont think?
    also when someone is looking for something, pull over and regroup you ass! dont pull up to mailbox/address and relize its not what you are looking for then think your car goes 55 instantly.

tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Meridian-Kessler, Indianapolis
    people who need a pic of everything.

:postpics:

People who purposely misspell words so that they sound ghetto. For instance" yo dawg we're da gurlz at?"

I hate these same people even more when they actually do try to speak proper English. They really don't remember how, that is, if they were ever taught.

People who use cell phones while driving. I'm not one for more laws, but it really should be illegal.

I think a distracted driving law ought to be passed. My girlfriend TEXTS in the car. I've informed here that she will put it away or I will not share the car with her.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    I hate when people use the word pet peeve.

Tailgating drivers also bother the hell out of me.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My biggest pet peeve; the eating habits of lazy Americans.

Example: Two days ago I went to the local Chinese joint to order my chicken and broccoli lunch, to go. While I'm waiting my skin begins to crawl and I have a sudden urge to embarrass the fat b*****d sitting at the next table. He's slurping his egg drop soup, and I don't mean quietly either. I'm a patient person, so I just brush it off, try to ignore him, and try my best to focus on the article I'm reading while waiting on my order. Once he finally finishes his soup, he grabs his fork like he's holding the handle bar on a Harley and starts to dig into his noodles. Now I've seen five year old children eat with better manners than this. He shoveled a mouthful of noodles in, but the entire wad is hanging out of his mouth and down onto the plate. You already know what's coming next. He slurps his noodles up like it's a spaghetti dinner on a short bus field trip. Seriously, this man was easily in his 40's, if not older. Likewise, by all accounts, he appeared to be a self sufficient human being; fully capable of gainful employment. Honestly, if you haven't learned better eating habits than that, please do society a favor and only order carry out. We shouldn't have to endure your inconsiderate actions at the expense of our appetite and solitude.

As I waited for my order to finish, I was literally sitting with my chair turned and my thumb wedged into my ear, trying to block any/all sounds coming from his direction.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I love the people who have to drive 40-50 in a 55 and tap their brakes for every turn but as soon as you get into a 45 mph zone, they go 50 mph. They can't maintain the speed limit out of town but as soon as they get there, they never slow down.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    This is my biggest pet peeve on the highway!

Because the left lane is for passing. If you are not passing you need to be in the left lane. In Germany on the Autoban its the law, they call it drive right.

I was in the left lane.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I don't know where to begin...

First, as Fletch has said....idiots and morons.

I'm constantly reminded how (and unfortunately) pragmatic I am when it comes to driving speeds.

My USUAL speed on 65 and 465 (Especially in my old beater) is anywhere from 63 to 67-ish mph depending on which road I'm on. Some days, I'll be going 63 on 465 and I feel like I'm the only guy going "fast". Other days I'll be going the same speed and it feels like I'm tied to a stump the way people are passing me.

Days when I'm not in a hurry, going 65, and am passed very easily by people who are going 80+.... Those folks are idiots.

The days when I'm in a hurry to get to Crawfordsville and I'm going 70... Those folks going 60 are morons.

But My driving pet peeves: People who can't maintain a constant speed. As a religious user of cruise control, even in surface streets, it irks me to no end. I'll pass someone on the interstate... 10 minutes later they pass me. Easily. 20 minutes go by, I pass them again because they've slowed down.

People who'll only go as fast as the vehicle directly in front of them. 465 has 3 lanes (for the most part...). I generally cruise in the center lane. There will be people who ride my bumper for miles even though BOTH other lanes have plenty of openings for them to get around. Then, when I move right to prepare to exit, then they speed up to the speed they wanted to go originally. Seriously, people, just make a pass...

Folks who don't know how to coast. Now, I realize that certain vehicles coast MUCH better than others. But if you're in a long line of traffic with no hopes of getting around anyone, is there really a reason to continually tap your brakes to keep distance between you and the person in front? Just. freaking. coast. And don't accelerate so much next time!

Folks who'll go a certain speed on 465 (where the limit is 55) but who insist on going 50 on Shadeland Ave (where the limit is 55...)

Folks who'll lose 10mph going up a hill. If you're not a semi or otherwise heavily laden commercial vehicle, there's no excuse for this. Your little slow-down can cause a "rolling traffic jam" that'll stay around for several minutes in heavy traffic. KEEP CONSTANT SPEED.

Folks who don't coast up to stoplights/signs. Really, people, the light's red. It'll be red for a while. Save the wear on your brakes and just coast. See that light up ahead? It's red, too. You don't have to jack-rabbit start to get there. *sigh*

Oh, and #1, you're supposed to signal a turn. #2, signal the turn BEFORE you hit your brakes so people behind you aren't wondering why you're slowing down. Courtesy. Use it.

And turn your lights on in the fog, rain, and dusk/dawn. who cares if YOU can see just fine. Your lights aren't just for you, dolt. Other cars need to see you.

I'm sure there are more.

I'm convinced that if everyone drove like I do...oh what a wonderful world this will be.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    If any of the issues here are the worst problem you have, you need to spend some time at Riley Hospital in Indy.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If any of the issues here are the worst problem you have, you need to spend some time at Riley Hospital in Indy.

I thought this was about driving pet peeves, not problems. This is an opportunity for you to help keep a thread kind of light hearted. Let me help you. Okay, Jay's pet peeve is people who drive slow and talk about their pet peeves. That should be a good start. :D

And by no means is my intent to discount any problems you may be experiencing.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    The people that write checks for merchandise that wait until they get the total before beginning to write out the check. They know what store they are in so they could fill that in, and they know how to sign their name so they could do that in advance also. That leaves the 2 amount spaces to complete after they receive the total. But no, they would rather distract the cashier with stories no one cares about, causing the cashier to work even slower, and then delay everyone else by filling in all the blanks after they get the total.

Why are they still writing checks...get a debit card!

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Okay, Jay's pet peeve is people who drive slow and talk about their pet peeves.

I haven't had anyone else elect to speak for me in quite some time.... that could easily be a peeve of mine.....along with letting another driver dictate how I choose to drive..... BOTH make me appear foolish if I allow them to happen.......

The OP did not limit to driving....

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It's not a "fast lane". It's a "passing lane". If you aren't actively passing someone, you should be in the right-hand lane, regardless of your speed.

Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville
    I think I have too many to list, but I fully agree with the OP. Even better is when the person in the left lane won't go any faster than the person in the right lane. I also like the folks who you pass and then they decide they need to be in hurry and get right on your bumper, then when they get around you they get over and slow down again.

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I've spent enough money on tickets that I'm done speeding.

To OP:

The left lane is for people GOING the speed limit. The right lane is for those that want or need to go slower.

If your pet peeve is that people AREN'T breaking the law, then I have no respect for you.

Why in such a hurry? I've learned simply to see where I'm going and leave with ample time to get there going the speed limit. If you can't learn to gauge your travel time and get out of the house early enough to get to work on time, then it sucks to be you, because I'm not going to break the law just so you can leave late.

*(note: in the event of an emergency traverse to the hospital or some such event, all bets are off, but you can bet I'll be calling the non-emergency number on the way to ask for mercy so they don't ticket me)

keith2210

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    My biggest pet peeve; the eating habits of lazy Americans.

Example: Two days ago I went to the local Chinese joint to order my chicken and broccoli lunch, to go. While I'm waiting my skin begins to crawl and I have a sudden urge to embarrass the fat b*****d sitting at the next table. He's slurping his egg drop soup, and I don't mean quietly either. I'm a patient person, so I just brush it off, try to ignore him, and try my best to focus on the article I'm reading while waiting on my order. Once he finally finishes his soup, he grabs his fork like he's holding the handle bar on a Harley and starts to dig into his noodles. Now I've seen five year old children eat with better manners than this. He shoveled a mouthful of noodles in, but the entire wad is hanging out of his mouth and down onto the plate. You already know what's coming next. He slurps his noodles up like it's a spaghetti dinner on a short bus field trip. Seriously, this man was easily in his 40's, if not older. Likewise, by all accounts, he appeared to be a self sufficient human being; fully capable of gainful employment. Honestly, if you haven't learned better eating habits than that, please do society a favor and only order carry out. We shouldn't have to endure your inconsiderate actions at the expense of our appetite and solitude.

As I waited for my order to finish, I was literally sitting with my chair turned and my thumb wedged into my ear, trying to block any/all sounds coming from his direction.

This !! Man this is my biggest pet peeve. Nothing makes my skin crawl more than some slack jawed yokel slapping his/her jaws together trying to eat anything! This is how bad I am about it.... On the first date with my last girl friend I took her out to a mexican resturaunt. Within minutes of getting our food she started the dreaded jaw slapping. And yes, I called her out only minutes into our first date. Made it a little awkward for a little bit after that but things worked out for about two years until she did something else that I was not going to put up with.

Top Bottom