• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    my pet peeve is those idiots who go to pay for gas, then decide at the register that they want lottery tickets, BUT CAN'T DECIDE ON ONE WHILE THERE ARE TEN PEOPLE WAITING IN LINE TO PAY AND LEAVE.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    At a high level, folks too distracted, too stupid, or too uncaring to get a move on. I'm pretty laid back when driving - just set my cruise and go. BUT, some folks seem bent on giving others grief.

For instance: I turn onto the entrance ramp for I74 this morning. The speed limit at the top of the ramp is 70. Yes, SEVEN-ZERO. Hitting the top of the ramp at 45 will get you killed! You cannot expect to safely merge into rush-hour traffic when going 25 miles per hour slower than the posted speed, and more like 35 slower than the flow of traffic. Put down your coffee, hang up your cell, stop talking to your passengers, and FIND THE ACCELERATOR!

I must be getting cranky in my old age....

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Why in such a hurry? I've learned simply to see where I'm going and leave with ample time to get there going the speed limit...............

Well that the thing. If you were the only one on the road going the speed
    limit you would make if just fine.

BUT you are not the only one one the road.
    Typically when driving down an open road you have vehicles that for one reason or another
    cannot seem to get up to speed. You'll have to pass them anyhow.
    Add to that the ones that will engage in a rolling roadblock by
    cruising in the right and left lane at the same speed.
    If you get someone doing 50 in a 50 in both lanes and refuse to move
    over you can see where that would be an issue.
    Usually they are oblivious to the world around them and think they
    are the center of the universe.
    Usually on the cell phone to boot.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I've spent enough money on tickets that I'm done speeding.

To OP:

The left lane is for people GOING the speed limit. The right lane is for those that want or need to go slower.

If your pet peeve is that people AREN'T breaking the law, then I have no respect for you.

Why in such a hurry? I've learned simply to see where I'm going and leave with ample time to get there going the speed limit. If you can't learn to gauge your travel time and get out of the house early enough to get to work on time, then it sucks to be you, because I'm not going to break the law just so you can leave late.
    :+1: Bingo! THe last time I looked, those speed limit signs are UPPER limits, not minimums. Leave a little early and chill. It's better for your health anyway.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Right Lane-I gave my self plenty of time to get to my destination safely

Left Lane- I'm important, I'm in a hurry, get out of my way [I intend on getting ahead in life through my accelerator].

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Does this HAVE to be all about driving and such?

If so...my pet peeve is other drivers. In general. :) I rule the road.

If it's not all about being on the road...a few of my pet peeves are...

People who have clocks all over their house that tick. I get crap from friends and family because if I stay with them over night....in the morning all of the clocks are on the floor with the batteries out of them. CANT. HANDLE. TICKING. At all. Ever. Get it?

Things not centered. I'm talking anything. Pictures. nic-naks. TARGETS. Shoot and see dots. ANYTHING.

Crumbs. Why? Why would god create such things? I mean, seriously.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    People who still write checks (in the self check-out lane)

Bob & Tom

People who have a "custom" order at a fast food restaurant

Mall Ninjas in my local gunshop wanting chrome clips for an AR

Cucumbers

the Kardashian's

slow readers.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Pet peeves

I'm right there being peeved about the goober/gooberette trying to merge with 65-70 MPH traffic at 45 MPH! This person often believes their turn signal will simply dissolve any vehicle which they might encounter as they enter the highway.

then there are the people who post something on a forum without using any upper case letters they often dont use any punctuation either this makes it somewhat difficult to decipher what they are trying to say i just dont get it

downt evun mension speling

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    It bugs me when people misquote quotes.
    Like saying "You can't have your cake and eat it, too".
    Uh...yes, you can. That's why the quote is actually, "You can't eat your cake and have it, too". Because you can't.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    people who drive and text/talk on their cells.
    opened doors..cabinets..drawers.. I hate things that are opened!

those big stupid sunglasses that all the women wear...they are stupid and you look ridiculous with them on!!:xmad:

ignorant self absorbed morons who "bump their systems"! who are you trying to impress? Im certainly not impressed with your lack of common sense.

and fat girls who insist on wearing extremely tight brightly colored tops. if your belly sticks out further than your boobs please wear something less vomit invoking,same goes for your pants....if you cant get your jeans over your butt with little effort then maybe you shouldnt wear em.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I used to go from Indy, to Lebanon, every day, I got on 465, at P.P. I set my cruise, (not Tom) at 65, the limit, at that time was 55, I would get in the left lane, because I was exiting, at 865, and did not want to fight traffic at 4:00 pm. I would get tailgaters, and get flipped off, horns honked, etc... Also, if you read the signs on I 70 East, from Indy to Greenfield, there are signs, that say, Trucks and vehicles with trailors, use right lane... This means no passing if you are dragging a trailor behind you no matter what you are driving.....:twocents:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    those big stupid sunglasses that all the women wear...they are stupid and you look ridiculous with them on!!:xmad:

I sure don't wear 'em. I think they are ugly and they scream "I just had cataract surgery!"
    That's what they remind me of...and bling on the frames doesn't help!!

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I sure don't wear 'em. I think they are ugly and they scream "I just had cataract surgery!"

WHAT EvA! Elton John it up, Baby! :) It's how I roll! lol

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    *(note: in the event of an emergency traverse to the hospital or some such event, all bets are off, but you can bet I'll be calling the non-emergency number on the way to ask for mercy so they don't ticket me)

This is related to one of my pet peeves. I work at a hospital and I don't understand the people who come to the emergency room in a panic because someone is in their car possibly having a heart attack/stroke/etc. and they didn't call an ambulance. The ambulance is there for emergencies, if you are experiencing a medical emergency, CALL THE AMBULANCE. There should be no reason for speeding to the hospital for an emergency. If it's life or death, call the professionals rather than risking your life, their life, and other drivers' lives speeding to the hospital in a panic with someone who could be getting professional care in an ambulance.

People who have clocks all over their house that tick. I get crap from friends and family because if I stay with them over night....in the morning all of the clocks are on the floor with the batteries out of them. CANT. HANDLE. TICKING. At all. Ever. Get it?

Things not centered. I'm talking anything. Pictures. nic-naks. TARGETS. Shoot and see dots. ANYTHING.

Crumbs. Why? Why would god create such things? I mean, seriously.

Are you sure this is a pet peeve rather than OCD?

People who have a "custom" order at a fast food restaurant

Not only does my girlfriend do the "custom" order thing, but she acts like she's never been to McDonald's before and has to carefully study the menu before telling me what she wants me to order for her. It's McDonald's, you KNOW what McDonald's sells. EVERYONE knows what McDonald's sells.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'm right there being peeved about the goober/gooberette trying to merge with 65-70 MPH traffic at 45 MPH! This person often believes their turn signal will simply dissolve any vehicle which they might encounter as they enter the highway.

This happened on the way to my son's field trip to the zoo, I was following the bus that Xander was on when another parent did this...I laid on the horn for 10 seconds after it happened and Kara got pissed at me for it.:rolleyes:

***See my "Went to the zoo today" thread***

Kara's glasses are over sized with rhinestones all over them...Ugly as heck, but I don't have the balls to tell her.:cool:

Top Bottom