• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    :postpics:

I hate these same people even more when they actually do try to speak proper English. They really don't remember how, that is, if they were ever taught.

I think a distracted driving law ought to be passed. My girlfriend TEXTS in the car. I've informed here that she will put it away or I will not share the car with her.

No, a law should NOT be passed. People should just have the (un-)common sense not to chat on a phone while they're operating a thousand pound piece of aluminum - or, in my case, a two thousand pound piece of steel.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    My pet peeve?

People who use the phrase 'grammar Nazi.'

I HAVEN'T KILLED TWELVE MILLION PEOPLE, I JUST WANT YOU TO HAVE MASTERED YOUR GODDAMNED NATIVE TONGUE. THIS IS NOT - NOR SHOULD IT BE - A HEFTY REQUIREMENT.

Seriously, there have been times when I've felt like seriously jack-slapping some people for usage of the phrase. To date, I have not: invaded Poland; killed twelve million people; invented the Volkswagen; bombed England; invaded Czechoslovakia; performed gruesome medical experiments on twins or "sub-humans"; kept millions of people in concentration camps.

Mastering one's native tongue is not too much for which to ask.

Learn English - and that applies to not only immigrants, but native citizens as well.
    "Ebonics" is NOT a language and if one insists on speaking it, I must then insist that one ships oneself back to the hinterlands, as that disgusting bastardized :bs: is neither wanted nor tolerable.

Speak the King's or GTGDFO.

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    My pet peeve?

I HAVEN'T KILLED TWELVE MILLION PEOPLE, I JUST WANT YOU TO HAVE MASTERED YOUR GODDAMNED NATIVE TONGUE. THIS IS NOT - NOR SHOULD IT BE - A HEFTY REQUIREMENT.

Seriously, there have been times when I've felt like seriously jack-slapping some people for usage of the phrase. To date, I have not: invaded Poland; killed twelve million people; invented the Volkswagen; bombed England; invaded Czechoslovakia; performed gruesome medical experiments on twins or "sub-humans"; kept millions of people in concentration camps.

Learn English - and that applies to not only immigrants, but native citizens as well.
    "Ebonics" is NOT a language and if one insists on speaking it, I must then insist that one ships oneself back to the hinterlands, as that disgusting bastardized :bs: is neither wanted nor tolerable.

:+1:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    My pet peeve?

Tell us how you really feel.:D

Honestly though, does it really matter how someone writes a post? Not everyone feels like proof reading what they wrote everytime they feel like commenting on a post. I definitely agree with you to an extent, but simple grammatical errors don't bother me...LOL speak, writing to sound stupid and wall-of-text do though.

I also hate vandals.:):

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    My second pet peeve:

While everyone should endeavor to speak the English language properly, "Journalist" that have attended institutions of higher education, not to mention ivy league schools, but insist upon their utilization of poor grammar, poor sentence structure, and poor grammatical phrases.

Such infractions as using the phrase, "Whether or not.......", ending sentences with a preposition, interjecting dangling participles, and incorrectly transposing the words: Your and you're; their and there; its and it's; affect and effect.

lyric911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Anderson
    Drivers that hog the left (fast) lane on the Interstate.

If you are not willing to exceed the speed limit by six mph, then

Pick up the pace or MOVE OVER........

Anybody got others.....

I care not the speed somebody is going in the left lane, as long as they are passing someone else. It's not the fast lane, it's the passing lane. If you're in the left lane for no reason regardless of speed is when I get annoyed.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I care not the speed somebody is going in the left lane, as long as they are passing someone else. It's not the fast lane, it's the passing lane. If you're in the left lane for no reason regardless of speed is when I get annoyed.

If I'm within a mile or two of my left turn, I'll ride that lane until I get there so I don't have to fight to change lanes and possibly miss my turn because someone does not recognize that a left blinker means "gotta go that way".
    So, I've probably annoyed you.
    You're welcome. :D

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    How about another driving-related pet peeve?

SPEEDING POLICE OFFICERS.

I'm sorry, Mister, but going 75 on 465 just because you can... That ain't cool.

Or going 55+ on US 31 down towards Greenwood? That ain't cool, either.

Especially when you're wearing your civvies and have your wife/kids in the car.

Not cool at all.

-J-

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

Not cool at all.

I usually grab the car number and make a phone call when I get where I'm going. It doesn't bother me at all that they have a take-home car. However, driving it even while off-duty represents your department, so at least try to put your best foot forward.

GunOwnerSS

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    How about another driving-related pet peeve?

SPEEDING POLICE OFFICERS.

I'm sorry, Mister, but going 75 on 465 just because you can... That ain't cool.

Or going 55+ on US 31 down towards Greenwood? That ain't cool, either.

Not cool at all.

-J-

I agree 100%. If you have your wife and kids in the car, obviously your not on a hot pursuit. If IMPD would issue a statement to the public to report this, much as individuals report other individuals, this abuse would stop.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    People who get right on your bumper and 65, in a 60 zone, pass you with the stare, and then exit a 1/2 mile later. Road rage, come forth and consume the piece of ...never mind. I hope you understand.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    People who get right on your bumper and 65, in a 60 zone, pass you with the stare, and then exit a 1/2 mile later. Road rage, come forth and consume the piece of ...never mind. I hope you understand.

+1.......Another pet peeve would have to be people that loudly tap their foot or hand and do not realize their doing it for about 10 mins.

S8MS-01904

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    A Carmel Roundabout
    Boy, got some discussions going here now.

I'm not running "late", actually I leave ten minutes early every day.

As to staying in the left "passing" lane, I tend to be moving at a faster pace then most, so instead of looking like a lane jockey (going back and forth), I stay put.

As for go the speed limit and blend in with the crowd. My car is "short" and I like to "see" ahead of the traffic to prepare to change (defensive driving). Also, I dislike "playing" leapfrog with the same idiot drivers.

Plus, I like to be the controlling vehicle in a cross town drive.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE, NOW MOVE ALONG.......

Top Bottom