• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    The one thing I want in a gun store is a quiet,PRIVATE place to do the transaction! I don't know how many times I have to fill out the forms on the display case(I like to sit when I write),move 2-3times because yahoos keep looking over my shoulder at (a) my private info or (b) the glocks below.Also I'd like who ever makes the FED CALL to do that away from everyone else, they don't need to know my SS# In other words, a private room away from others to do business quietly and comfortably.

Very good idea here, but I can see it being alittle hard to do depending on customer vs. staff ratios. But still a very good idea to try and work out!

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I remember that place well. I sure went through a lot of ammunition at that place.

I shot alot at the GunRoom back in the day, I worked up on Shadeland and it was on the way home.

We were in the parking lot the day it closed, the SOB that opened the home shop told us it was staying a range !!! :xmad:

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I'll volunteer to help all I can. It should be a roaring success in the future. I was sorry we lost the "Gun Room" years ago, remember Gary Reed?

10mm, when you care enough to send the very best.

Was he the big guy that carried a SIG P226 w/ 20 rnders in a Galco shoulder rig? If not, IIRC he was usually there when we were in there...?

I have an NRA Cert. for the basic pistol class from there but somehow it isnt signed off by anyone, but has the GunRoom logo on it...:dunno:

hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY
    VERY GOOD NEWS! The one thing I want in a gun store is a quiet,PRIVATE place to do the transaction! I don't know how many times I have to fill out the forms on the display case(I like to sit when I write),move 2-3times because yahoos keep looking over my shoulder at (a) my private info or (b) the glocks below.Also I'd like who ever makes the FED CALL to do that away from everyone else, they don't need to know my SS# In other words, a private room away from others to do business quietly and comfortably.
    very good way to put it.i would agree with this 100%

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Gary Reed, Was he the big guy that carried a SIG P226 w/ 20 rnders in a Galco shoulder rig? If not, IIRC he was usually there when we were in there...?
    Lock & Load

No, I don't remember his name but he worked there just like I did. Gary was shorter, had glasses and he had/or developed the shakes real bad not long before he sold the place.
    There was Gary and his wife, (the owners/loan holders) and an older redheaded woman who attempted to run the place when Gary was gone, a Great Dane that barked at the customers and one or two cats that slept on the counter or the couch, then me and the guy your talking about with the Sig P226. I mostly kept the place cleaned and serviced, reloaded ammo, and took out the lead, repaired the target trollys and kept everything working.
    The league shooting dried up after some kind of big squabble one night during a meeting, I wasn't there when it happened so I don't know what it was about but the place started down hill after that and finally the only one left, I believe was Gary, and then he sold it. Oh I hated that, but there was nothing I could do about it at the time.
    I stayed for a while for free I think but he couldn't even buy supplies to keep the place up and he never did anything himself to keep it up, he just worked the counter so I finally left also. What a shame.

I think Greg and the guys and gals at Beech Grove Firearms will do a much better job of running the new place and I'd like to help all I can and so should all of you. :rockwoot:

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    I'm in.

Just back from another wonderful visit to Pop's with Terry and the old man with the 1911, you can imagine how that went, if they hate the gun business and gun people so much, why don't they close up and do something else?

I am 100 % in for this range operated by BGF, I may not be able to do a lot of physical work, but I'll donate money, what I can physically do, whatever I can.

Once I get as much as I can out of this membership at Pop's, I won't go back in there again, at least when people treat me like that at work I get paid for it, here I am paying those jerks to be like they are, I just do not get it.

More power to you BGF and Curahee, I'm with you all the way.

Last edited:

bcd007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    I'll be waiting at the door to purchase a 1 month, or 6 month, or 1 year membership, whatever they come up with will be well worth it.

Hate going to Pop Guns, won't go to Don's, and Atterbury has become a disaster. Thanks BGF.

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    If didn't have to be here at work, I'd be there to shake his hand and thank him, not bend his ear, I know what you mean though.

Thanks again guys.

garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    Not sure if has been mentioned. And I 'm sure it's a big no-no and an insurance nightmare, but Beer and Pizza!

Suppressor Demos... Have a small selection of Cans and compatible Hosts... Would also be Damn awesome!

Top Bottom