Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Google Maps fails me.
    What is this next to? Intersection?
    This white building?

Map of 3020 S Emerson Ave Beech Grove, Indiana by MapQuest

3020 South Emerson - Google Maps

picture1zc.png

Yes, this is it. I believe the building is Maroon now. As you look at this photo, the main parking lot will be on the right of the photo which is the North side of the building. This photo is looking to the West.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    My Main words of advice would be to sell for less to move alot of inventory!

I always like to shop around but when it comes down to it I'll always drive the extra few miles to the shop that I know beats all the other's prices by $40 - $80 per gun.

It just seems like common sense for both parties, the buyer gets a better price and the seller moves more units because of the better prices!:)

Also layaway's sometimes help alot of people, equalling more customers.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Sounds like this is a big project with great potential. Looking forward to shooting there.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That moving target idea above I like.
    Probably just about the same time the census workers get let go, so perfect. (ex-census worker = moving target) :)

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I am sure Greg will chime in after things calm down, but right now what he could probably use is lots and lots of input about what you guys want to see, not what he already has planned.

I [strike]demand[/strike] would like to see the following:

#1: As someone else said: Ventilation. I shoot at the old Don's Guns in Greenwood. The ventilation between that place and Pops is night and day. However, one negative is that the old Don's Range (currently the Greenwood PD training range, which is rented out to other departments) has such a good air intake, that it is cold in the winter. Not a slight chill, but cold. If you aren't in a hoodie with jeans, you will be shaking. Still, I would rather have to dress as I am already, than deal with poor ventilation and not being able to breath. The only idea I can think of is to somehow heat the incoming air, or have some sort of economic way of heating the range.

#2: Keep prices as low as possible. Remember that ammo is costly, gas could spike at anytime. Pops is costly in my opinion, $20 for an hour, then $5 for each additional person. While not outrageous, still pricey to me. I don't mind dropping $20 for a two hour movie, and I wouldn't mind dropping $20 for two hours of shooting.

#3: When dealing with the billing, there are programs out there that will bill for the exact time used. I would say go this route, and make note if the person had to stand in line for 10 mins.

#4: Sell ammo as cheap as possible. I don't mind paying a little more than Walmart, but not 20% more. If anything, go around and buy up ammo at Walmart and charge just $1 more per box and re-sell it at the store. I know money has to be made, but I know I won't be buying any store ammo just to "support a local merchant" when I can drive about six miles and hit up two Walmarts and likely get ammo much cheaper. Basically, don't try to make a huge profit on ammo, make the profit on range time, selling guns, and targets (try to buy them in bulk for a penny or whatever the costs, then sell them for a quarter each. Still cheap for shooters, and one hell of a profit margin for the store!).

#5: This is what I would love to see at any range: The area where the shooters stand, use dividers at this area that could deflect misfired rounds. I think if this was done right, it would limit the possibility of some idiot shooting the person next to them. Along these lines, get a check in-out system that can read the bar codes/magnetic bars on ID/Driver's Licenses. Give everyone an "account" and for those folks who do stupid things on the range, come up with a warning system then maybe a probation alert, then finally an "you're an idiot, never allowed to shoot on our range again" alert.

#6: Between me and the store owner: For us chosen ones, an LEO discount!! :): Just kidding, I am not really one of _those_ types.

pankake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2010
    SE Indy
    Freakin' awesome. Can't wait to tell Alex!

I like the idea of the conference/meeting room. Great meeting spot for coffee and pop machine, especially if there should be a Beech Grove Firearms Club.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Oh, since Greenwood PD rents out their indoor range to other PDs, you might want to look at doing that. Their range is only about eight or ten bays, with a decent size hangout/prep room separated by a waist high brick wall, from there to the ceiling with glass. Might be able to drum up some money this way, but some sort of prep room and a class room for training would help with this sort of thing.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I like the idea of the conference/meeting room.

I too find this idea very appealing.

If this new place has enough sq.ft., it would be great to have some meeting space large enough to accommodate Utah Permit classes, mindset lectures, and even FoF scenario training.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    +1 for a conference room.
    -1 for renting the whole range out to the police. they have their own ranges. (and id be pissed if i drove there one day to find the range closed. (leave a couple lanes open to the public)
    +1 for memberships. start selling them now, i will buy one!!! Make a founders club. People like to be part of a special group. give a tactical operator hat, or a t-shirt with it.
    +1 for cheap ammo, even if it has to be bought at wally world.
    +1 for machine gun rentals. It will draw in A LOT of extra business and you will make $$
    +1 for vending machines. shooting makes me parched. another way to make $$ and keep prices low. heck, even if you offered .50 pops out of a cooler it would be awesome!!
    +1 for selling high quantity by keeping the prices lower than other shops!! You can azz rape the high priced shops and either they will go bye, bye, or they will lower their high prices!!
    ++++100, PLEASE allow SAFE rapid fire!!! I cannot stand ranges that make you wait 3 seconds between each shot!! I might as well be shooting a muzzle loader.
    +1, is asking for a child play area too much for when mommys and daddys are spending $$$ (like a doctors office, just afew kids toys)?? :) yeah probly too much to ask, but it would be cool anyways.
    +1 for price matching. I will BUY FROM YOU & ONLY YOU if you can secure the lowest price, or atleast match the lowest price so i dont have to drive anywhere else or order off the interweb. a lifelong money commitment!! thats a good deal for us both.
    +1, is free bacon too much to ask??? :) farm stores give popcorn, gun stores should give bacon, lol
    +1, please cater to us who like tactical accessories. I would love to walk in and be able to buy a cam pin or a charging handle, or a gas tube, or a foreward grp, etc. BIG MONEY in the tactical black rifle gear and parts. Id focus around it, or at least stock up on parts.
    +1, for cheap range time. It makes a big difference. Offer a membership to save regular customers money.
    +1, dont do anything like pops guns does it. they suck
    +1 for great lighting!! I hate dark ranges.
    +1 for good ventilation. i dont wanna end up with lung herpes or something from shooting at your range, lmao.

you already have an awesome shop, but with the new big store, If you still take care of me as a customer, i promise to do my part and be a dedicated and loyal customer. beech Grove is the perfect place for this, i will use the range every week. i will refer you business, and spend lots of cash in your shop!!! You give good prices and a good range, and i will be your ho. lol

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This is most excellent news! I wish Beech Grove Firearms much success with this endeavor.

I also hope that those who are really excited about this don't balk or whine about the prices they'll have to charge to make this work.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    OK, one question I still have is: is BCF opening another location in addition to its existing one, or simply moving from one location to another?

Top Bottom