• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BGFirearms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    3020 S.Emerson Ave.
    Thank you to all for your thoughts and input. Nothing that has been mentioned has been over looked or will ever. Now most of the time "Corey" of SSNFA will be on here answering and posting but I just wanted to drop in as I had a small minute to do it. I want to directly answer the last 2 posts myself. I wont comment on the business methods used by others as I feel everyone runs their course as they seem fit. I will say that we make and will continue to make customer service and fair prices a priority and the general theme of this store. I/we will continue to operate Beech Grove Firearms Inc. at the new location with the same theme, and to that,I give you my word. Thank you again Greg.....

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    A note to all the posters giving great advice to Greg and BGF in this thread-- He/They LISTEN!

When I spoke with Greg about a past project, he would quote directly from the board the ideas that INGOers were coming up with. He's one of the few shops in town that I know of that will sit down and read the board and really take to heart what its members are saying.

+1 to Greg and the guys at BGF

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Thank you to all for your thoughts and input. Nothing that has been mentioned has been over looked or will ever. Now most of the time "Corey" of SSNFA will be on here answering and posting but I just wanted to drop in as I had a small minute to do it. I want to directly answer the last 2 posts myself. I wont comment on the business methods used by others as I feel everyone runs their course as they seem fit. I will say that we make and will continue to make customer service and fair prices a priority and the general theme of this store. I/we will continue to operate Beech Grove Firearms Inc. at the new location with the same theme, and to that,I give you my word. Thank you again Greg.....
    Nice to see you here Greg. I'm sure you're a very busy guy, so taking the time to post means a lot.

Does anybody here know how to submit an error to Google Maps? They're showing 3020 S. Emerson as being down by Churchman Rd. They're about 2-3 blocks off!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    The one thing I want in a gun store is a quiet,PRIVATE place to do the transaction!

I like this idea.

What if there was a desk with those partitions you find in hospitals where you fill out the registration paperwork? That private enough?

Registration%20Desk.jpg

You could even go much simpler with just a long table divided with some professional-looking table-top partitions.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    WOW!!! That is great news!!!

I know from personal experience in business that it is very difficult to make that leap to make a major investment, but I've never regretted once that step was made.

I'm sure this will open up a lot of doors for Beech Grove Firearms.

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I was in BGF earlier this week and worked directly with Greg on a firearms purchase (even gave me a good deal on spare mags). Great guy and runs his shop the right way. Good to hear this news. Congratulations and +1 to Greg and BGF.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I stopped by BGF yesterday (after the Indy Air Show was cancelled) for the first time. I really enjoyed the friendly banter and the nice environment they have in there. Looking forward to check out the new shop once it opens!

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    Since it's been said that Greg does browse these posts and listens.
    I just wanted to give another vote for later hours, just even till 7 pm would be great. I work 5-10 minutes from BGF and have never even been able to make it in to the shop, simply because I don't want to be able to drool for only 15 or 20 minutes!:D

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Since it's been said that Greg does browse these posts and listens.
    I just wanted to give another vote for later hours, just even till 7 pm would be great. I work 5-10 minutes from BGF and have never even been able to make it in to the shop, simply because I don't want to be able to drool for only 15 or 20 minutes!:D

The new shop will have new hours. They are not set in stone yet but I think you will like them.........:)

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Will they have a website? And if so, any idea when it will be up and running?

Yes & No

Right now the time and resources are being put into the move preperation, working operational details and the design of the new facility.

For the next few weeks all new updates will either come through you visiting the current store in person or come through the "Support Our Sponsors" section of INGO.

Construction should start very soon.

Greg has heard all of your support and requests to volunteer and is very appreciative. We are just trying to work out details with the insurance company before we have any kind of "volunteer" type day at the new store.

Not that we think anyone would cause legal trouble or something like that, but I am sure you can imagine that the last thing the new store needs is some kind of legal trick bag from an accident or injury before it even opens.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Yes & No

Right now the time and resources are being put into the move preperation, working operational details and the design of the new facility.

For the next few weeks all new updates will either come through you visiting the current store in person or come through the "Support Our Sponsors" section of INGO.

Construction should start very soon.

Greg has heard all of your support and requests to volunteer and is very appreciative. We are just trying to work out details with the insurance company before we have any kind of "volunteer" type day at the new store.

Not that we think anyone would cause legal trouble or something like that, but I am sure you can imagine that the last thing the new store needs is some kind of legal trick bag from an accident or injury before it even opens.

Smart thinking guys!! a volunteer day would be awesome!! I would be happy to sign a waver.

jshooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    This is AWESOME news. I can't stand the rude, over priced, line of crap, arrogant and poor customer service at Pop Guns. I will never set foot through their doors again. I will give all my business and support this store. If you need me, I'll be on S. Emerson.:ar15:

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Suggestions:

First let me say that your location will be absolutely perfect for me and I am very much looking forward to becoming a charter membership holder (should you decide to use such a program).

That being said, I'd love to put in my suggestions for your new range after having held a membership to pops and having (I hate to admit it but I used to work near there) put several thousand rounds downrange @ Don's.

• Lighting and Ventilation are key. Remember, the lighting where the target is should be just as bright or brighter than the firing line.(which also should be well lit).
    • Memberships - Please consider selling 3 and 6 month memberships in addition to annual memberships. Also I have always envisioned a membership "Gift Card" that can be purchased as gifts and are able to be "added on" to an existing membership or used to start a new membership.
    • Separate Meeting area (Conference Room) with a projector (shining on a white wall would be fine) would be great for performing small group meetings or potentially hosting firearms classes. (Either by your staff or external training companies who would pay you to use the facility)
    • Bottled Water Dispenser - While I see quite a few people lobbying for snacks and soda's, the reality is as a shooter you don't want to be all hyped up on caffeine and sugar as you're trying to perform your best. All of us get thirsty and you can get bottled spring water for 16cents per and resell it all day long for 50cents. ( I'd be willing to transport pickup truckloads from Costco for a range discount :wink: )
    • Fully Automatic Firearms :shoot: - PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW THESE - :shoot:While I have put over 2000 rounds through fully auto machine pistols and I understand that some people handle their firearms well, they are always a distraction on the range to other shooters attempting precision drills. I'm also inclined to believe this would save you quite a bit on your insurance premiums.
    • Please please PLEASE post (and enforce) regulations requiring appropriate behavior and firearms safety on the range at all times. I know other places SAY they enforce safe firearms procedures but that is just an out and out fallacy. If I don't feel safe taking my family to your range then I might as well go to one of the other two indoor ranges here in town.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to patronizing your establishment soon!

SafeShooting.

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    I havent been down there yet but my buddys tell me Beech Grove Firearms is the best place in town, Dons Guns being the worst.

Top Bottom