• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    OK, one question I still have is: is BCF opening another location in addition to its existing one, or simply moving from one location to another?

It will be an eventual complete move. The current building will eventually no longer be used by BGF. The FFL transfer takes time as will the range construction and retail construction. Shouldn't be one day of retail shut down. One day the current store will close at normal time, the next day the new store will open at the normal time.

Not sure if the day the new retail store opens will be the day the range opens or if the range will take longer.

Greg will eventually be able to chime in on details like that once the details are known.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    If I have the right building, here's the aerial of it. The main part of the building is 100x150 (excluding the b looking part to the right side). Looks like you could add another 50 foot the left of the building and still have enough parking for 40 to the right and a minimum of 12 in front.

That's 52 spots, don't think they will need 70 because if they are that full they'll be a huge line for access.

BG-Firearms.jpg

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    -1 for renting the whole range out to the police. they have their own ranges. (and id be pissed if i drove there one day to find the range closed. (leave a couple lanes open to the public)

You are 100% wrong on "they have their own ranges." If you're going to make blanket statements, at least make sure they are truthful. I made this comment thinking the owner could use some money, and considering government is the only ones with money, offering the facility up as a training place is a way to make some cash. This would also keep prices lower for the non-LEOs.

I do understand your concern about the range being closed, which is why I would either call ahead if I were a customer, or if I were the owner, post on-line the range schedule for the month and keep it updated daily. Or, just have one or two days a month where there is no public shooting and rent it out for certification training on that day.

Info about police ranges:

The airport PD had a range, it closed when I-70 was redesigned, not sure if they opened it back up. I can tell you, without a doubt that:
    -None of the university PDs in the city have a range (four departments there).
    -None of the K-12 school PDs that I know of have a range (two actual departments IPS and Center Grove, others get cops from the township constables, who I doubt have ranges either).
    -I know that on at least one occasion, a small town marshal stopped by the Greenwood range looking for a firearms instructor who could qualify him and sign the paperwork for ILEA.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    You are 100% wrong on "they have their own ranges." If you're going to make blanket statements, at least make sure they are truthful. I made this comment thinking the owner could use some money, and considering government is the only ones with money, offering the facility up as a training place is a way to make some cash. This would also keep prices lower for the non-LEOs.

I do understand your concern about the range being closed, which is why I would either call ahead if I were a customer, or if I were the owner, post on-line the range schedule for the month and keep it updated daily. Or, just have one or two days a month where there is no public shooting and rent it out for certification training on that day.

Info about police ranges:

The airport PD had a range, it closed when I-70 was redesigned, not sure if they opened it back up. I can tell you, without a doubt that:
    -None of the university PDs in the city have a range (four departments there).
    -None of the K-12 school PDs that I know of have a range (two actual departments IPS and Center Grove, others get cops from the township constables, who I doubt have ranges either).
    -I know that on at least one occasion, a small town marshal stopped by the Greenwood range looking for a firearms instructor who could qualify him and sign the paperwork for ILEA.

i didnt say 100% of the police have ranges. they can use each others. plus some even have FOP ranges. I was a member and used one of them a long time ago.
    sounds like they need to lobby their respective cities for some cash. all police departments (maybe not university police) should have ranges in my opinion. It should be paid for with tax money. as far as police departments being big Money spenders,,,, that can be true, if you wanna wait 6 months to get paid. we all know how long it can take to get all your money from a department purchase.

I was just stating suggestions and such like was asked for. if you dont agree then its cool. its not even our shop. Im sure Greg is a smart businessman, and will make the right choice. Im just thrilled to be able to shoot and buy at the same good place, and at a place i wont be smerked at because im not a cop. if you are a non-LEO and you walk into POPs, then you already have one strike against you. they are as friendly as corpses in there. The biggest thing i ask if for a friendly and fair staff to ALL customers. they already are now, so im sure this wont be an issue.
    if you need a hug Indy317 i'll give you one

Last edited:

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I don't know if it has already been mentioned or not but when I drive by the new place (every day) it appears to have enough space for a seperate, independent Gunsmith shop, that would be real nice.

10mm, when you care enough to send the very best.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    VERY GOOD NEWS! The one thing I want in a gun store is a quiet,PRIVATE place to do the transaction! I don't know how many times I have to fill out the forms on the display case(I like to sit when I write),move 2-3times because yahoos keep looking over my shoulder at (a) my private info or (b) the glocks below.Also I'd like who ever makes the FED CALL to do that away from everyone else, they don't need to know my SS# In other words, a private room away from others to do business quietly and comfortably.

Top Bottom