• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    Jimmy Buffett always puts on a hell of a show. Saw The Who at Deer Creek in '02. Rush is awesome live. Saw Robert Earl Keen at the Music Mill.
    Todd Snider at the Bluebird. I also go see the Dropkick Murphys when they're in town.

Oh and by the way, Keith Moon is the greatest drummer of all time.

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    As far as concerts/shows go, there are way too many to list. Here are some that stick out in my mind.

Iron Maiden
    Kiss
    Metallica
    Tesla
    Boston
    The Eagles

But my all time favorite was seeing Stevie Ray Vaughn numerous times while stationed in Austin.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Without at doubt, it was Motley Crue / Ozzy on the Shout at the Devil - Bark at the Moon tour at market square arena. It was back when you could have one hell of a good time without big brother looking over your shoulder.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Wow...this is tough. I have performed and or attended well over 1,000 concerts in my life. If I had to think of a quick top three, they would go as follows....

1. Allman Brothers 1997 World Music Theater Tinley...lightning, power outages, etc
    2. David Bowie and Nine Inch Nails 1995.....also the World
    3. Phish 1999 Toronto Summer Tour

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Trans-Siberian Orchestra 2008 :). Best light show -- best music.

That and there's nothing like seeing BABES play a VIOLIN WHILE HEADBANGING TO HEAVY METAL WITH SUPER LONG HAIR AND NOT GET TANGLED!:D

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    One of the most memorable in my mind was an Emmylou Harris concert when Ricky Scaggs was part of her Hot Band,(I know, I know, I'm old!) It was like two concerts for the price of one!! Happened at the burned down.. Little Nashville Opry. Great sound, no bad seats. sorry that place is gone.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Too hard to pick a single Rush concert. They've all been good since '84. ELO in Osaka was a blast. So was Uriah Heep in Tel-Aviv. Nope can't pick a single one that's the best. Shoot, even the Bee Gees at the Cap Centre were great.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    oh i forgot, one of the coolest things ive ever seen LIVE, was when Blink 182 drummer Travis Barker was doing a drum solo, and his whole drum set lifted up into the air and came out to the croud and then started flipping upside down and sh*t. yeah i know tommy lee did it too, but i never saw his live, and i had never seen it until Barker did it. it totaly blew my already drunk mind, lol

Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville
    Johnny Cash
    George Jones
    Hank Williams Jr. (over a dozen times)
    Waylon Jennings
    David Allan Coe
    Dallas Moore and the Snatch Wranglers
    Charlie Daniels
    Confederate Railroad
    Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
    John Fogerty
    Skynyrd
    Kentucky Headhunters
    Those were my favorite concerts.
    I saw Waylon Jennings at Lollapalooza of all places.

The best drummer IMHO is John Bonham.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Best concert I've been to is Jonny Lang (both times in Fort Wayne).

Best fun I've had at a concert was Fort McCoy in Wisconsin for Lynyrd Skynyrd. My sister is a First Sergeant and her husband is a retired Master Sergeant (Airborne Ranger), both are great friends with the base's Sergeant Major so we couldn't pay for beer any time we went up to the concession area. Lynyrd Skynyrd on stage and all the free beer you can drink :rockwoot:

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Mamas Boys,Bon Jovi with RATT being the headliner at the allen co war memorial .Second best would be Loudness/Motley Crue on the theatre of pain tour same place

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I don't know anything about Mike Portnoy(I plan on doing research and listening to his work after this post), but Danny Carey can do what Neil Peart can with a third of the drum set...All that spinning around Neil does on his 360 degree drum set is quite impressive, but Danny is better.

BTW, I put Peart at #2.

Drum World BLASPHEMY! :D

Top Bottom