• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Best concerts I've seen were Toby Keith, lots of pot smokers there, George Strait, Dierks Bentley, and the Elvis Presley Tribute concert. Those were the best.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Highest energy? Pantera at an outdoor theater here. Phil jumped off the stage and punched a guy who was heckling him.
    Impressive? Ozzy and Metallica.....James broke his wrist backstage and Ozzy came out and played a double set.
    Tool. Go see them if you ever get the chance.

Lots of shows......mostly old hardcore bands during the 80's and early 90's.
    I liked the shows better.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Best Concert I have been to was Ted Nugent in Portland Oregon and opening for him was Cheap Trick.

Second Best: Alice Cooper Las Vegas NV

Were talking 80's here though

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    one more vote for metelica. i was susposto see them in kentucky but hetfield hurt his ankle and they gave a free rain check.

kid rock was a close second
    melencamp 3rd
    toby keith 4th
    system of the down 5th
    tracy atkins 5th
    powerman 5000 6th
    after that i loose track but limp biscut was up there aswell

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    How about the best "3" in order.
    God I am old as HELL!

The Who, Assembly Hall Bloomington, IN November 30, 1975

The Rolling Stones, Assembly Hall Bloomington, IN July 26, 1975

Bob Dylan & The Band, Assembly Hall Bloomington, IN February 3, 1974

edit: had to go look up the exact dates, memory is a bit fuzzy for some reason ;)

Thats impressive. I would have loved to see The Band, the Who too..

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Best two shows in my life were rowdy friends tour( skynyrd, 38 special, and hank jr.). The second was Larry the cable guy at the Murat

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    In no particular order: Rush w/ Max Webster the Moving Pictures tour, Kiss w/ Bob Seger and Artfull Doger at MSA(yes I really am that old), Styx w/ Mahogany Rush (Frank Marino is a guitar god), ZZ top w/ the Black Crows.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    The best "concert" I've been to is when Exit 19 played at the Gathering Grounds in Pendleton. Exit 19 is a local Christian band whose members attend my church. The Gathering Grounds is our one and only coffee shop in Pendleton, and is a pretty small place. The shop was packed with people, and even though it was the middle of winter, they had to prop open the doors because it was so hot in there. The energy in the place was fantastic! The crowd was more into the music than at any "real" concert I've been to.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Thats impressive. I would have loved to see The Band, the Who too..

I have been very fortunate!
    To have seen these, and to have lived through it, seriously!

Actually saw the Stones 3 times in '75
    1st Kansas City in Arrowhead Stadium (don't have a clue of the date)
    2nd Memphis TN in The Liberty Bowl on July 4th, 1975 in a state where fireworks are legal.......YIKES that one was nuts!
    3rd Bloomington, IN at Assembly Hall in Bloomington

Last edited:

duke

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Louisville, Ky
    Foo Fighters and Red Hot Chili Peppers in Bloomington was a great show in 2000. Flea was all over the place.

Kid Rock in Louisville with Tenacious D, and that was a really cool show, Kid Rock is an amazing performer. He was playing the drum kit as it was being elevated above the stage.

Santana in the late 90's at Deercreek, the funniest part of that show was a lesbian couple sitting in the grass next to me. One of them was a little person and the fatter normal sized girl passed out and the midget tried to pick her up, but with no luck.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Can't argue with Rush. Seen them many times over the years and they never disappoint..

However, the BEST concert I have ever seen was Dream Theater's 20th Anniversary Tour in 2006. No opening act, just close to 3 hours of the best 5 musicians assembled in any one band, ever, period.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    David Allen Coe

I saw David Allen Coe, Mel McDaniel and Hank Jr. together in Jackson Mississippi in 1985. All three were great but Coe stole the show and it was the best I have seen.
    Alice Cooper comes in second. I have seen him a couple times and he puts on a great show.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Best music would go to The Allman Brothers Band, Yonder Mountain String Band, and The String Cheese Incident. Vocalists would be Rhonda Vincent and/or Allison Krause.

Best entertainment/show would have to be Stone Temple Pilots at the Pepsi Coliseum. Scott's stage presence just made the show. Close second was the Red Hot Chili Peppers at Market Square Arena. Knew some of their music, but was completely blown away by the concert. Also, check out Keller Williams; he's a one man band. Also very entertaining.

Most eye opening has to go to the Deftones/White Zombie/Pantera show at Deer Creek. Wow, was this country boy shocked. Between Rob Zombie's videos that were being shown, and the mosh pits during Pantera's set, I went home with a completely changed perception of society.

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    Top 3

Ozzfest 98 Chicago, crows throwing sod at Marilyn Manson being a douche (imagine that). Ozzy showing up right before the Sabbath set to hose to crowd down with fire hose.

Last year Crue Fest, played most of the Dr Feelgood album, pretty good time, Godsmack played well.

Saw Eric Church play at the Bluebird last summer, puts on a hell of a show.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    Some of my favorites have been: Aerosmith, Tom Petty, Toby Keith, George Straight, Skynyrd, Metallica, Kid Rock, Powerman500, BuckCherry...........

Still want to see:
    Green Day
    Chilli Peppers
    The Who (probably not gonna happen)

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    August Jam at Charlotte Motor Speedway back in '74. They opened up the drain in the bottom of the water tower and we had a constant shower for two days. August Jam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia There were two 8' chain link fences around the track with cops and dogs in between the two fences. Some hippie in a tow truck drove through the fences and the cops and dogs left. Everyone just walked in. You just had to be there to understand. I will never forget sleeping on the fourth turn (on the track) only to be woke up by the Allman Brothers...

Top Bottom