Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    SaintsNSinners

If you would have asked you would have been told that we had 157 shooters booked through the range Sunday. Which means even though the first part of your party was before the final range scheduling time, the range was booked for the rest of the day.

We have and will always operate on a first come first serve basis. This is the reasoning behind not having memberships which "bump" like other Indy ranges. We apologize for the inconvenience; a sign should probably have been posted stating the issue.

We fully understand if you choose to do business elsewhere for your range, used gun or other business.

So in light of the above official response from bgf, I'd like to ask MIKEDVB .. Were all 20 lanes full when you arrived before the cutoff time for last shoot? If not, the above official statement is BS. Seriously bgf that's the best excuse you can come up with? Wow
    the range closes early all the time. Corey, I've never seen you there. Were you there on this day?
    id rather have heard
    that you just closed early and that's the way it is like it or not rather than a blow smoke up our assanswer.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    So in light of the above official response from bgf, I'd like to ask MIKEDVB .. Were all 20 lanes full when you arrived before the cutoff time for last shoot? If not, the above official statement is BS. Seriously bgf that's the best excuse you can come up with? Wow
    No, they were not full - which is why I am continuing to ask questions. The lanes weren't even close to full.

I'm sure the explanation is true - it's just that it was handled and/or executed poorly. I.e. once they decided to stop letting new shooters shoot - they never re-evaluated that decision once conditions changed. I would make the analogy to closing early because of an impending storm and then not staying open once it's determined the storm has fizzled out.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    How about….a business does not have to "come up with an excuse"? It can refuse service to anyone, for any reason. It owed you no contractual performance.

If they felt like closing up for the day, that is their prerogative.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    How about….a business does not have to "come up with an excuse"? It can refuse service to anyone, for any reason. It owed you no contractual performance.

If they felt like closing up for the day, that is their prerogative.
    I totally agree this is their right! But if that's the case just say so. Don't tell me an answer that is just an attempt to smooth me over.
    a business that doesn't follow their own hours and rules won't have happy customers long. And old customers will move on.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    This is my last post on the matter before I'm done with this thread. We could have done any number of things, and it would have angered someone. Had we stayed open, taking people signing in before we cut off, then at 5:00, anyone not on the range would have been turned away. You still wouldn't have been on the range because there still would have been a line. When we closed it a while before you got there, the line thinned out probably a bit faster than anticipated. If we had started taking shooters again on the range, then someone else who got turned away before you got there would have been even more upset that we refused them but taken a shooter later on. And how mad would the person have been had we told them when they signed in that if 5:00 came before they got on the range, they had to go home? Someone could have been waiting there nearly an hour and not gotten to shoot. My point being is, people would have been angry no matter what. The only option that would have kept every customer happy would have come at the expense of the staff on a sunday evening. Greg and Michelle care about all of us just as much as they do about their customers, and when they decided to be open on Sundays, they made sure to not work us all day.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong? It's seems pretty obvious to me that the available lanes were spoken for earlier than the complainers arrived, regardless of their last minute timing?
    ... even though the first part of your party was before the final range scheduling time, the range was booked for the rest of the day...

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    What Line? There was no line. At 456 when MikDVD was there there were 3 lanes in use. When I took the pic at 510 the range was completely closed. There was no line.

Admit it... yall just slacked off and closed so you could get out early or earlier.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    It seems to me turning away business when there are adequate resources to accommodate is what happened here, which is bad business in my opinion. Ive never shot at the BGF range, but honestly I don't think I will make a special trip. disagree with me all you want, but working in a family owned business for years, its good practice to go above and beyond sometimes. Keeps people happy and coming in. Yea, one might not get a sale out of it, but it will bring others in when good word is spread.

and to agree with 88GT earlier, this is a place to report complaints and compliments…. I have a problem with PSS, I posted it. Ill never shop there again. Just because these guys had a problem with your favorite LGS does not mean personal insults, etc need to be thrown around. Everybody has their own opinion.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Clean-up would be from 5:30 to 6:00. The range was closed/locked/empty by 5:10 PM.

So how many times have you cleaned up the range at BGF? Let me guess none.

It's simple - if you have lanes open - give those that want them a lane. If you have no lanes available - they have to wait.

Maybe they did just that but people left that was on the list and then you come rolling in near quitting time and they didn't want to deal with it. It is their choice as I see it.

I'd just have to say the range isn't being properly managed is the issue. Perhaps they're not set up or prepared for people waiting or perhaps the priority was getting out the door as quickly as possible rather than letting shooters shoot until 5:30. Not sure - but either way - the range wasn't open all the way up until the posted closing time. Shooters were denied before the cutoff when there were open lanes.

They had 167 people on the range that day so evidently you are wrong about their Management skills.

I'm not here to make BGF look bad - but just to say what did or did not happen. You'll find I'm not making anything up or embellishing because it's not necessary.

The only one that is looking bad on this post is you so I would let it go. Five pages of the same ole butt hurt :dunno:

Next time you're in town give them a look - the range itself is excellent and the shop is pretty good. I just wish I could shoot during the posted hours when there are no lines to shoot rather than being told no because they were busier earlier in the day.

Thanks to this post I will make stopping in to let them know what a stand up shop they have is a must.

You do realize that simply pointing out that the range wasn't open during it's posted hours is not 'sucking up resources' nor is it 'being a thorn in their side.'

It was already said on here that it was expected that BGF come on here and defend themselves. It was also said that BGF needs to make it right. That is sucking up resources and a thorn in their side.

The range closed early and they didn't follow their own posted policies. They have been 'called out', so to speak, about it and while the response seems to make sense on it's face - it does nothing to explain why shooters were turned down before the cutoff time while there were plenty of lanes idle/unused.

Called out by who? This thread has butt hurt written all over it and in no way holds any legitimate argument. Get over it dude because they did nothing wrong. It their shop to do what they want. If you don't like it go elsewhere because with the line they continue to have I am sure the next guy in line will gladly take your spot.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Customer friendly?

How many gun ranges do you know open on Sunday? In the middle of the football playoffs?

You guys whine like a bunch of liberals.
    They're open Sunday to make money. If they didn't then they wouldn't be open. That's why they are closed Mondays which sucks but it's their house. Just giving feedback from a real customer.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    So now we have had an "official statement" for why they did what they did. They even capped it off with if you don't like how we handled it, then spend your money elsewhere if that's what you see fit.

They gave a response that you don't like because it was not what you wanted to hear. To bad, do as you say you were going to and shop and shoot elsewhere.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    So now we have had an "official statement" for why they did what they did. They even capped it off with if you don't like how we handled it, then spend your money elsewhere if that's what you see fit.

They gave a response that you don't like because it was not what you wanted to hear. To bad, do as you say you were going to and shop and shoot elsewhere.

Good for them. If you have an issue go talk to them not post it on INGO unless you didn't get it resolved with them.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I totally agree this is their right! But if that's the case just say so. Don't tell me an answer that is just an attempt to smooth me over.
    a business that doesn't follow their own hours and rules won't have happy customers long. And old customers will move on.
    And others may not give them a chance at all. Especially if they think the management is being dishonest. Again, not an accusation!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Called out by who? This thread has butt hurt written all over it and in no way holds any legitimate argument. Get over it dude because they did nothing wrong. It their shop to do what they want. If you don't like it go elsewhere because with the line they continue to have I am sure the next guy in line will gladly take your spot.
    Except that, the next guy in line was ALSO turned away! Did you miss that?

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom