• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Love him or hate him, proper flag etiquette requires you to fly it at half mast. Even if you detest him, as long as you fly the flag you should show proper respect to it by following the proscribed procedures.

"The flag is to be flown at half staff in mourning for designated, principal government leaders and upon presidential or gubernatorial order."

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Love him or hate him, proper flag etiquette requires you to fly it at half mast. Even if you detest him, as long as you fly the flag you should show proper respect to it by following the proscribed procedures.

"The flag is to be flown at half staff in mourning for designated, principal government leaders and upon presidential or gubernatorial order."
    Reporting an accident involving a possible death is simple human decency. He had none! Flag etiquette also prohibits flag burning, flying at night, unless lighted, and a myriad of other things people ignore. I will not lower it for TK, or any other inhuman bastard like him. He was scum, no matter the office he held, and deserves NO respect! Cheers to a dead Kennedy!:cheers:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Regardless, he was a United States Senator. I know he screwed up plenty of things in life (and not just his own life), but he was still a US Senator.
    Only because he didn't SERVE TIME. And he should have!
    If it'd been anyone else, you can bet your derriere they'd have been a guest at the Gray Bar Hotel!

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    IF teddy EVER respected our Flag/Constitution as much as I do, I'd lower my Flag in a heartbeat. He didn't .... I will not

With all due respect.... deal with it

The Flag Code serves as a guide to be followed on a purely voluntary basis to insure proper respect for the flag. The Supreme Court has ruled that politically motivated violations of the Flag Code are protected by the First Amendment.

Last edited:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Several have mentioned that he was a US Senator and that the position is to be respected. I'm wondering: Do we do this for every Senator who dies in office? I don't know. I guess I've never paid attention to it before. If we do. Fine. If we don't, why would Teddy merit special treatment?

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Several have mentioned that he was a US Senator and that the position is to be respected. I'm wondering: Do we do this for every Senator who dies in office? I don't know. I guess I've never paid attention to it before. If we do. Fine. If we don't, why would Teddy merit special treatment?

Usually if a congressmen dies while in office Flags go to half staff

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio

but but the king has this to say about the US Senator....

"An important chapter in our history has come to an end," said Obama. "Our country has lost a great leader, who picked up the torch of his fallen brothers and became the greatest United States Senator of our time."

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Greatest Senator of our time? Oh horse sh#t.

And if I hear another spineless, yellow bellied Republican Senator on TV, telling me what a tragedy this is for our country, how great he was, I am going to puke.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Obama's friend Bill Ayres doesn't know proper flag etiquette either.
    I'm sure you guys get a pass for not honoring Ted.

william-ayers-american-flag-poster.jpg

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    My flag will stay right where it is. If I happen to be somewhere and I see a moment of silence called for him I will instantly become the most talkative person you would ever see.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    "An important chapter in our history has come to an end," said Obama. "Our country has lost a great leader, who picked up the torch of his fallen brothers and became the greatest United States Senator of our time."

If that's true then it is a stunning indictment of the Senate that a worthless, drunken, pampered killer and cheat is its greatest member. Repeal the 17th Amendment. Massachusetts, hang you head in shame for your folly.

55spartan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Southern IN
    He was just Jane Fonda with batch tats (replace the a with i). I consider him a traitor and a murderer. The people of Mass. can honor him since they put him there over and over. I don't have to.

Top Bottom