• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    Someone explain to me how he gets buried in Arlington. ARLINGTON, for God's sake! I hope the grass never grows where his carcass lies. For all the horrible, downright evil things that person did in his life, his gravesite ought to smoke, ooze green slime and smell of rotten eggs.

My flag stayed put. I thought about taking it completely down for the day, but I respect my country too much for that.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    IF teddy EVER respected our Flag/Constitution as much as I do, I'd lower my Flag in a heartbeat. He didn't .... I will not

With all due respect.... deal with it

The Flag Code serves as a guide to be followed on a purely voluntary basis to insure proper respect for the flag. The Supreme Court has ruled that politically motivated violations of the Flag Code are protected by the First Amendment.
    I understand it is voluntary, but who doesn't get upset when they see someone not follow proper etiquette any other time?

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    but who doesn't get upset when they see someone not follow proper etiquette any other time?

My refusal to lower my Colors for that slimeball has NOTHING to do with respect for the Flag...... it has to do with my lack of respect for the late Senator from MA.

I have the UTMOST respect for our Flag, I almost died for it, but I have and will display absolutely NO respect for kennedy. That man's ethics and actions would gag any self-respecting maggot.

As I've said before..... you have your opinion, and I have mine...

Deal with it.

By the way... someone I do respect just sent me this.......

Maybe Arlington had some soil issues and couldn't stay green...so they needed some dung to spread around to manure it up a little... he qualifies.

Sounds about right to me.

Last edited:

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Thank you for your service Senator Kennedy.

Note: He was just another man. He served his country for 25 years... while his position may not be as important to you as the military, law enforcement, etc... He did serve the country and I bow my head in his honor. Let partisan politics go for a minute and remember to let he who is without sin cast the first stone... Oh wait, the stones are already flying!

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    It's what he did with his position that rankles many people.

Letting partisan politics go is how we got to the sad state this country is currently in

Outside the military, who has killed, then been interred in Arlington 25 years later?

I got stones........

I don't need this any more. The clown isn't worth it.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    Whether you agreed with his politics or not he was in service to his country. The people who are saying they are glad he is dead are the people that prove the dems claim that conservatives are radical wackos. Those who don't want to lower your flag...don't, but you show dishonor to it by using it for your political agenda...the flag stands for ALL citizens not just you...ALL CITIZENS...not just those you like.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Whether you agreed with his politics or not he was in service to his country. The people who are saying they are glad he is dead are the people that prove the dems claim that conservatives are radical wackos. Those who don't want to lower your flag...don't, but you show dishonor to it by using it for your political agenda...the flag stands for ALL citizens not just you...ALL CITIZENS...not just those you like.
    That is the biggest load of crap I've ever read at Ingo.
    Might I remind you of the "radical whacko dems" who delighted in Reagan's death?
    Also, it's not in ANY WAY showing dishonor to the FLAG...it's showing the earned and deserved DISrespect to that primordial sludge Kennedy.

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I never said I was glad that he's dead. uh, by the way.... who in heII do think you are to preach to me about honoring the U.S. Colors?

Did you serve under those Colors?
    Did you fight under those Colors?
    Did you bleed under those colors?

You can KMA just like kennedy

Our Flag should not be used to adorn the trappings of an iconoclastic politician. (look it up)

Mods, you can relax..... I'm done with this.... thanks for your tolerance.

Last edited:

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I think the issue is that many of us do not feel Senator Kennedy served this country. He always worked to bend this country and its other elected officials to serve him and his ideology.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    I never said I was glad that he's dead. uh, by the way.... who in heII do think you are to preach to me about honoring the U.S. Colors?

Did you serve under those Colors?
    Did you fight under those Colors?
    Did you bleed under those colors?

You can KMA just like kennedy

Our Flag should not be used to adorn the trappings of an iconoclastic politician. (look it up)

ummm..a Citizen of the United States? You know the country where "all men are created equal" While I do honor the service and sacrifice of those who did and do serve our country (not just the military) your and their service makes you no more patriotic than the next guy. We allow the Flag to be made into clothing, flown upside down, flown unlit, ragged, even burned...I would imagine you have been one of the first to complain how others fly theirs.
    Thank you for your service to our country..but remember, it gives you no more a voice than anyone else.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    That is the biggest load of crap I've ever read at Ingo.
    Might I remind you of the "radical whacko dems" who delighted in Reagan's death?
    Also, it's not in ANY WAY showing dishonor to the FLAG...it's showing the earned and deserved DISrespect to that primordial sludge Kennedy.

So they did it makes it ok? When did using the symbol of our country as a sign of disrespect become acceptable? Does that mean that when either one of the Bush's pass (hopefully not for a long time) it will be ok for people to NOT show respect by lowering the flag because they didn't vote for them?

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Horse:poop:.

Respect is not given, it is earned.

It's always been that way, and It always will be :patriot:

:+1:
    It's never about the position. It’s about the man who defines that position. Regardless I put my flag up several months ago.

Regardless, he was a United States Senator. I know he screwed up plenty of things in life (and not just his own life), but he was still a US Senator.
    Big Fail see above

your and their service makes you no more patriotic than the next guy.

In my book it does. Until you go through somthing like Jay has you probably never will get it. Thats OK, because good men like him will be standing guard and they get it. Thats whats important in my book.:twocents:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    So they did it makes it ok? When did using the symbol of our country as a sign of disrespect become acceptable? Does that mean that when either one of the Bush's pass (hopefully not for a long time) it will be ok for people to NOT show respect by lowering the flag because they didn't vote for them?
    I'll tell you what's NOT "OK"...the fact that you're willing to call out one over the other to serve your purpose when it suits you when it all pretty much smells the same...:poop:
    I'd have a whole lot more to tell you about your comments to Jay, but...
    A) it's not my battle and he's a big boy, and...
    B) I've been hit with enough ban hammers to know what causes the swing.

Until you go through somthing like Jay has you probably never will get it. Thats OK, because good men like him will be standing guard and they get it. Thats whats important in my book.:twocents:
    Oh hay-ell yeah, that's gettin' rep'd.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    The flag of the United States of America represents ideology and values. The flag is a representation of those who.

1) Rebelled against tyranny from England for freedom.2) Those who have sacrificed their time, lives for freedom.
    3) The values that are concreted in the United States Constitution.

The man, along with many others, did not respect the Constitution in any way or the freedoms it holds, or the men who fought to preserve them.

Dwight D. Eisenhower issued a proclamation on March 1, 1954 giving a list of instructions on how long to fly the flag. Just because this man, Ted Kennedy, was a senator, it does not give him respect in order to have the flag flown at half staff. Just remember that before 1954 there were no "rules" for flying the flag at half staff. People did it for those that they respected and fought to preserve our American freedoms.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    ummm..a Citizen of the United States? You know the country where "all men are created equal" While I do honor the service and sacrifice of those who did and do serve our country (not just the military) your and their service makes you no more patriotic than the next guy. We allow the Flag to be made into clothing, flown upside down, flown unlit, ragged, even burned...I would imagine you have been one of the first to complain how others fly theirs.
    Thank you for your service to our country..but remember, it gives you no more a voice than anyone else.

I do understand your comment here and agree to some extent. Having said that, it reminds me of the old saying, when it comes to breakfast the chicken is involved but the pig is committed. I think a combat veteran deserves a little more respect, a little more consideration to his opinion because he committed to this country, he showed his willingness to lay down his life for his country. In my book that earns him something. So it does rankle me that Teddy is going to be buried with war heroes (I understand there are a few others already there that don't deserve to be there). It rankles me that his self serving service to this country is somehow put on equal footing to people who died in war for this country. It rankles me that he is lauded as an example of service to this country... and I had better quit now before I say something that a mod gets me again.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Lowering the flag is a show of respect to the man, not the office. After all he died, not the office that he held. I had NO respect for the man when he was living. I will not pretend to have any now that he is dead.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    haldir: You just said a mouthful. :yesway:
    It's easy to stand back and say "we're all in this fight together... but you go first." Special privileges are not expected. They are earned. By putting Dead Ted in Arlington, you degrade the meaning of what that sacred place stands for.
    Ted did NOT serve his country.... it served him.
    And he took, and took, and took.....

P.S. They could NOT cremate Fat Teddy because the EPA said it would put too much pollution in the atmosphere.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Thank you for your service Senator Kennedy.

Note: He was just another man. He served his country for 25 years... while his position may not be as important to you as the military, law enforcement, etc... He did serve the country and I bow my head in his honor. Let partisan politics go for a minute and remember to let he who is without sin cast the first stone... Oh wait, the stones are already flying!

No. Edward Kennedy was in the Senate for 40-something years. This does not in any way, shape, or form equate to serving his country or it's people. Kennedy never served anyone but himself, and truth be told, he didn't even do that, that's what waiters, maids, and other hirelings were for. This "champion of the poor" for whom "poor" meant someone with only two yachts... "Champion of the downtrodden"... Right, sure. Can anyone show me anything other than A) a photo-op or B) climbing out of the water where Mary Jo Kopechne drowned where that *rectal orifice* ever got his lily-white hands dirty (especially by helping someone else?)

And no, the flag does not represent "all citizens". The flag represents American ideals. Specifically, the thirteen stripes represent each of our original colonies which rose up and shucked off England's yoke of ownership. The colors chosen for our flag were red for hardiness and valor, white is for purity and innocence, and blue for vigilance, perseverance and justice. Old "Teddy" displayed none of these traits and was more like King George than like any of our Founders. No, the only thing about our flag that even vaguely resembles Kennedy is the number of stars... and that, only because it's probably close to either his belt size or his blood-alcohol level. On the positive side, it's rumored that the reason he's being allowed to besmirch Arlington cemetary is because doing so will allow the flame over JFK's grave to be fueled by the methane and alcohol combination as his rotting corpse decomposes.

No, I will not "speak louder" during a moment of silence, even for him. Some other Americans feel as some have stated here, that you still respect the office. I would not violate their rights to observe such... but I'm not going to change what I do at all... if I happen to be talking with someone else who doesn't mind, I will keep talking with them. I'll give him slightly less notice than I did when Saddam Hussein was hanged... At least Saddam never claimed to support my country, so was more honest.

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:
    Top Bottom