• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Highlight the paragraph as if you were going to copy it, brings it right out for us old guys, have to do that on a lot of pages I go to.

NV not on the M1A, yet. On the AR right now, still getting used to it, a real pain to zero in the daytime using some loads I have worked up for it and another rifle. Idea is to use for a coyote rifle, haul road kill deer out to my cousins farm, lay in wait as they are mostly nocturnal now due to so many farms being converted into home sites. Feral hogs moving out from southern part of state, estimated by a CO to be in this area in about 2 years. Thick south of here, around Bedford area. Know one CO who went down there with some other LEO to hunt them, they have become night owls too, didn't get any, didn't have any NV scopes but could make out their outline and hear them grunting wherever they went. Hard to get permission on the infested farms as landowners seem to have been burnt by guys throwing lead all over the place. Maybe work my way in by having a NV system, and go along with a CO. Working on that little idea later. Only been able to get 1 inch groups with the NV so far, the sight picture [4X] during the daytime allows only for sighting in, guess the idea is minute of man, I am used to minute of one hole groups. Whole new learning experience to say the least. Would love to have suppressors on [both of them] to make possible a second shot but after I told the Southern District Commander for the DNR COs' that you azzholes take a dim view of using them for hunting [he got a good laugh out of that], I think I may have to lower my expectations a bit. I haven't made full payment on the NV yet, and fall bills are coming up. Soon as the weather cools, will be going out for night practice with the AR for 100, 150, and 200 yard shooting. Ah, some thing to keep me off the streets and out of trouble, did I forget to mention my wife just retired and "I gotta get out of this place." If you are ever down this way, PM me, and I'll take you down to our local range and let you shoulder a real rifle.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    I wonder if they lowered the Iraqi flag I wake up to every morning, considering they took the American one off the fob. It would only be polite.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Just a side note...... There have been strong sentiments on both sides of this issue..... I drove around Grant County Saturday after returning from the 1500, and counted 263 U.S. Flags flying. 17 were flying at half mast. The local post office, police station, bank, and water dept Flags were flying at full staff. Yep, I'm sure I missed some on both sides of the issue, but not enough to tip the balance of opinion.

Top Bottom