• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daggy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2014
    South Bend
    Gotta agree with the terrible roads during winter. I have a feeling that my city doesn't bother with patching potholes until winter is completely over, which at this rate is probably around July.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    1. Sure, it's easy as hell to get a gun here, but if you use it to kill folks, they're all over you.

2. Aliens tend to visit Muncie (not sure if good or bad). Note to self-do poll on anal probes.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    If the bark is gone, in a section, all the way around the trunk, dont expect it to live.. Depending how bad it is, you may want to do some aggressive pruning (when the wood isnt frozen)

Its called girdling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girdling

If the damage is less than halfway around the trunk I wouldnt worry too much. Just put cages around them, from the ground, under the mulch, and tall enough to keep deer off of them too. Fertilize this spring

Last edited:

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Anal probes with a poll.....:dunno:

I put up an anal probe poll, and the moderators took it down. I must be on the brink of finding out something big. Maybe the moderators are in league with the aliens who abduct people from Muncie and probe them. If I disappear from INGO, it will be because of our alien overlords!

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I usually like anywhere I live. Thought I wanted to live in the mountains once but I have lived in flat land all my life and traveling out west I felt hemmed in by them. I thought I wanted to live by the sea but then you have to deal with hurricanes. Of course we have tornadoes but I have yet to see one.

That said, I like Indiana.

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    ...Folks that complain about the time change. I love it. I love having extra daylight hours after work. Don't tell me to go to work earlier, its not an option. If only it were that easy...

...No mountains/terrain. I too would love to hike hills/mountains/woods. Love Wyoming, Utah, Montana, Colorado, S. Dakaota (the Black Hills area), New Mexico and Arizona.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    You can have a morning where you need the heat in your vehicle on full blast, then when you get in later that day you wonder why the cab is so hot even with the windows open and it turns on you left your heat on. Happened before to me.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention daylight savings. :n00b:

What a fool's errand that whole notion turned out to be :nuts:...yet Indiana eventually joined the herd.

So now we get to change not only our schedules twice a year, but our clocks as well.

And why must the clocks be changed? So we can pretend that we aren't changing our schedules, of course. (yes, seriously) :ugh:

Oh, Indiana. :facepalm:

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention daylight savings. :n00b:

What a fool's errand that whole notion turned out to be :nuts:...yet Indiana eventually joined the herd.

So now we get to change not only our schedules twice a year, but our clocks as well.

And why must the clocks be changed? So we can pretend that we aren't changing our schedules, of course. (yes, seriously) :ugh:

Oh, Indiana. :facepalm:

You're forgetting the ~$9,000,000 increase in annual energy costs statewide that DST has brought us as well. Or the rise in pollution from emissions generated by the rise in energy use.

It's a Global Warming dream come true.

Top Bottom