• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Indiana is a great state for guns, but what are some bad things about living here? I was coming back from Ohio the other day, and man, their roads seemed to be in better condition. I wish we had better maintained roads here.

16 months of winter every year....

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Indiana is a great state for guns...

I do not agree. The codified infringement prohibiting unlicensed handgun carry was only recently upgraded from pathetic to bad.

Sure, Indiana sells a handy exception to the crap law via the loathsome pink permission slip, but that doesn't make it a great state for guns, only an easy state to comply with.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Indiana has really great training opportunities. Many excellent instructors live and teach here, and nationally known instructors hold classes here. I'd live in Indiana for the easy access to training rather than, say, in Vermont, which has no licensing requirements. For that reason, I consider Indiana better than Vermont for guns. If you live in Vermont, imagine having to fly to Gunsite in Arizona once or twice a year to train. The expenses and the time off from work will be substantial.

Vermont is a really nice place, though. Quite beautiful!

I also don't agree with your interpretation of the Constitution, but that's a discussion for a different thread.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...I also don't agree with your interpretation of the Constitution, but that's a discussion for a different thread.

Now you've got me curious, since I'm not sure which Constitution you're referring to or how you would attempt to interpret them differently than I.

Another thread for another day, I suppose.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    The time change is the worse part of Indiana, hate it ! FALL AHEAD then SPRING BACK..... Make up their dang minds.... Just leave it alone for gods sake !!!!!!!!!

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I dont really have any complaints about Indiana, as a state. If you dont like a certain part, you can move to another side of the state, and its totally different. Assuming you make enough money to move, and can find a new job making enough money to live. Thats a U.S. problem though...

sb0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Indy
    Roads suck.

I haven't been able to find any good chinese food since I moved here.

Besides that, no complaints.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I moved back to Indiana in '05 after almost thirty years. Living in a small town again is a big adjustment. Everybody seems to be in everyone else's business and the rumor mill is very amusing.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I was born and raised in Indiana. I hate the roads and the drastic weather changes. I wouldn't move for anything though, it is home.

Top Bottom