• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Lack of much remarkable topography.

You need to head South sometime....Southern Indiana has quite a bit of "remarkble topography"...Excellent fossils and more "injun" relics than you can shake a stick at....The Southern Indiana Highlands are geologically beautiful...Plus we have the largest exposed Devonian Fossil beds in the World....

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It's soda, not pop... freaks.

Uh...If it is a dark soft drink it is a "Coke"....I have heard of folks from Ohio and the rest of Indiana using terms "soda" and "pop" but never down here by Louisville....Freaks....:):

Southern Indiana: Everything seems to have a price. I've never been to other states where everyone seemed to want to make a buck on anything they can get their hands on. They would sell their children if given the chance. It's not an economic depression issue, they just all seem like traders down there.

Yes indeed....Because Lord knows the only high gun prices on INGO's Classifeds are from Southern Indiana...:rolleyes:

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    SBS law, that's a biggie in my mind.
    The fact that Evansville and NW Indiana is part of Indiana. Let Kentucky and Illinois annex those both, respectively. :)
    One and ONLY one alternative rock station in the Indy area. Think we're big enough for two (one for metal, the other for the hipster wuss rock that has become known as "rock")
    The concept that Subway is allowed to sell here in Indiana... It's not a sandwich, it's a sandwich-like food substitute product. If Micheal Phelps actually ate one, he would apologize to the nation...
    It's soda, not pop... freaks.
    In rural areas, the gossip garbage is exactly that. If you have umbrage with someone, talk to them directly. Seems to be a midwest thing: We don't like you, so we will talk around you, but smile to your face.
    Southern Indiana: Everything seems to have a price. I've never been to other states where everyone seemed to want to make a buck on anything they can get their hands on. They would sell their children if given the chance. It's not an economic depression issue, they just all seem like traders down there.

Outside of those minor complaints, love Indiana, and this is from a former Ohio refugee. Though, I will admit, I love Kentucky, Missouri and most of the western states. My retirement property will either be Wyoming, Utah or maybe here.

As for the winters: Indiana is where God sends the faithful to test their mettle... Only the hard and the strong survive the winters, and in the warmer months, her fertile land yields the fruit of their labors. We will tame this land and make it ours...

Lemme guess... your into Jimmy Johns?

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    According to thecensus we are 41[SUP]st[/SUP] in per CAPA income and dropping like a rock, 3rdworst “brain-drain” problem in the USA. Have 5 friends with 12 kids, allattended school in Indiana, graduated and all live in another state now. Thetime didn’t change here which was one of the few smart things Indiana did until‘ itch Daniels screwed it up. No mountains, no beach, no oceans, no palm trees,-20°F winters, roads suck, state income tax, no Sunday carry out, lack of sunnydays, 45[SUP]th[/SUP] in health cause we are fat, drink & smoke too much, FoxBusiness says only 86% of residents have a HS diploma by age 25 making us 29[SUP]th[/SUP]in the nation and only 23% of residents have a 4-year college degree making us48[SUP]th[/SUP] in the USA. Forbes ranked Indiana 45th of 50 as an ideal placeto live. We are ranked 26[SUP]th[/SUP] in the cost of doing business, 32nd inour economy, 39[SUP]th[/SUP] in quality of life.

What’s goodabout Indiana? It’s easy to buy a gun.

If you don't like it, you're welcome to move.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    You need to head South sometime....Southern Indiana has quite a bit of "remarkble topography"...Excellent fossils and more "injun" relics than you can shake a stick at....The Southern Indiana Highlands are geologically beautiful...Plus we have the largest exposed Devonian Fossil beds in the World....

I do get south when I can and yes, what the glaciers didn't scrub flat is quite enticing. But alas, it isn't the Tetons or the Cascades.

It's all good - I've come to terms with it. I'll lived in a lot of different states and places as a military brat and spent a lot of time traveling both in out of of the country since I reached my majority; I can honestly say that I'm glad to call Indiana home. I may someday retire to Idaho (or maybe my own private island, if I'm lucky) but making a good living in low cost Indiana since the '90s has provided my wife and I with the ability to capitalize on opportunities that would have been unavailable had we settled in one of the places where a 900 sq ft apartment costs $2500/mo.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    According to thecensus we are 41[SUP]st[/SUP] in per CAPA income and dropping like a rock, 3rdworst “brain-drain” problem in the USA. Have 5 friends with 12 kids, allattended school in Indiana, graduated and all live in another state now. Thetime didn’t change here which was one of the few smart things Indiana did until‘ itch Daniels screwed it up. No mountains, no beach, no oceans, no palm trees,-20°F winters, roads suck, state income tax, no Sunday carry out, lack of sunnydays, 45[SUP]th[/SUP] in health cause we are fat, drink & smoke too much, FoxBusiness says only 86% of residents have a HS diploma by age 25 making us 29[SUP]th[/SUP]in the nation and only 23% of residents have a 4-year college degree making us48[SUP]th[/SUP] in the USA. Forbes ranked Indiana 45th of 50 as an ideal placeto live. We are ranked 26[SUP]th[/SUP] in the cost of doing business, 32nd inour economy, 39[SUP]th[/SUP] in quality of life.

What’s goodabout Indiana? It’s easy to buy a gun.

Indiana is a pretty good state, and there's more here than what you see from statistics.

You dislike a place you chose to move to, and that's the states fault, exactly how?

In another thread, you place emphasis on sunny days and no snow, yet you CHOSE to live in a place where it might get cold, and *GASP* it might snow.

As far as Im concerned you can get out of my state, we don't really want people here that don't want to be here.

On another note, your connotations about lack of formal education somehow equaling a reason for the state to be looked down on makes me wonder if you ever heard of a thing called Skilled trades, and people called professionals, even though they didn't sit through 4 years of BS that teaches you more about learning how to pass the tests, than practical real world knowledge, that you need to be successful. Maybe your a teacher, or someone else who benefits from the self serving, man made monstrosity that is formal education in this country.

Im surrounded by people that make your statistic better, and they all make AT LEAST 4 dollars an hour less than me, and tote around as much debt as they would have if they'd have bought a house.

But they got a piece of paper, and some hope... As we've learned from the current administration, hope is not enough, and as we look back on the last 50 years, and compare the America of now, to the America of then, its pretty easy to see that change isnt always good.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    PICT4660.jpg
    Watch out. That first step's a doozy.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    All i have to say is thank god for IN. I just moved from communist IL and i love this state to death. If i could i would marry IN. Dont tell my wife.

Greetings from the PRM.
    As for wanting to marry IN; do you think you could just fool around with it for a few months? You still don't have to tell your wife.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Uh...If it is a dark soft drink it is a "Coke"....I have heard of folks from Ohio and the rest of Indiana using terms "soda" and "pop" but never down here by Louisville....Freaks....:)

We will take this outside! :D I challenge you to Indiana fighting sticks! (Ice scraper battle)

Lemme guess... your into Jimmy Johns?

Outside of Jersey Mikes, not a fan of "fast food" chains, particularly sandwich joints. The few times I've went to a Penn Station, they screwed up my order several times and two times, the food was cold (thus grease congealed). Plus, I've been to Pennsylvania, I've had REAL cheese-steaks before, Penn Station is pretty hokey comparatively. ;)

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    The few times I've went to a Penn Station, they screwed up my order several times and two times, the food was cold (thus grease congealed). Plus, I've been to Pennsylvania, I've had REAL cheese-steaks before, Penn Station is pretty hokey comparatively. ;)

I think Penn Station is named after the Penn Station in Manhattan. That's the big one. Of course, lots of train stations are technically "Pennsylvania Stations." As for the restaurant train, what they serve is quite awful.

NYP_LOC5.jpg

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    I agree. One of the worst things about living in Indiana is Dirty Steve.

I don't mean to thread jack this but I really need to understand what your personal problem with me is related to. You seem to follow me around and pounce on any thread I choose to comment on. I can only assume that you must have been a previous neighbor or otherwise have an issue with my choice of user names.

Dirty Steve

Top Bottom