• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I like it here. I do not like DST. I have to go to bed when it is still light out in the summer, when it's just starting to cool off and be the best time of the evening.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Born and raised in Illinois. I hated this place when I moved here and was going to move back to Illinois. Then I got a better job and thought I could stay a little longer. Then got into guns and that quickly became an addiction. Got a LTCH. Met a few girls here... Now after 4 years of living in Indiana, I love this place. I just bought a house and am really excited to be setting down roots here. Indiana is my home now.

Though, I hate (and still forget occasionally) not being able to pick up beer on Sunday. The weather seems a little more volatile here than in Illinois. I hate the snow, but Illinois had that too. And you people who call vacuuming, "sweeping": well youre just wrong! :P It took me like 3 months to figure out that people here werent cleaning up everything with brooms!

jss1956

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Indiana the Armpit
    According to thecensus we are 41[SUP]st[/SUP] in per CAPA income and dropping like a rock, 3rdworst “brain-drain” problem in the USA. Have 5 friends with 12 kids, allattended school in Indiana, graduated and all live in another state now. Thetime didn’t change here which was one of the few smart things Indiana did until‘ itch Daniels screwed it up. No mountains, no beach, no oceans, no palm trees,-20°F winters, roads suck, state income tax, no Sunday carry out, lack of sunnydays, 45[SUP]th[/SUP] in health cause we are fat, drink & smoke too much, FoxBusiness says only 86% of residents have a HS diploma by age 25 making us 29[SUP]th[/SUP]in the nation and only 23% of residents have a 4-year college degree making us48[SUP]th[/SUP] in the USA. Forbes ranked Indiana 45th of 50 as an ideal placeto live. We are ranked 26[SUP]th[/SUP] in the cost of doing business, 32nd inour economy, 39[SUP]th[/SUP] in quality of life.

What’s goodabout Indiana? It’s easy to buy a gun.

jss1956

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Indiana the Armpit
    According to the census we are 41[SUP]st[/SUP] in per CAPA income and dropping like a rock, 3rdworst “brain-drain” problem in the USA. Have 5 friends with 12 kids, allattended school in Indiana, graduated and all live in another state now. Thetime didn’t change here which was one of the few smart things Indiana did until‘ itch Daniels screwed it up. No mountains, no beach, no oceans, no palm trees,-20°F winters, roads suck, state income tax, no Sunday carry out, lack of sunnydays, 45[SUP]th[/SUP] in health cause we are fat, drink & smoke too much, FoxBusiness says only 86% of residents have a HS diploma by age 25 making us 29[SUP]th[/SUP]in the nation and only 23% of residents have a 4-year college degree making us48[SUP]th[/SUP] in the USA. Forbes ranked Indiana 45th of 50 as an ideal placeto live. We are ranked 26[SUP]th[/SUP] in the cost of doing business, 32nd inour economy, 39[SUP]th[/SUP] in quality of life.

What’s good about Indiana? It’s easy to buy a gun.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    According to the census we are 41[SUP]st[/SUP] in per CAPA income and dropping like a rock, 3rdworst “brain-drain” problem in the USA. Have 5 friends with 12 kids, allattended school in Indiana, graduated and all live in another state now. Thetime didn’t change here which was one of the few smart things Indiana did until‘ itch Daniels screwed it up. No mountains, no beach, no oceans, no palm trees,-20°F winters, roads suck, state income tax, no Sunday carry out, lack of sunnydays, 45[SUP]th[/SUP] in health cause we are fat, drink & smoke too much, FoxBusiness says only 86% of residents have a HS diploma by age 25 making us 29[SUP]th[/SUP]in the nation and only 23% of residents have a 4-year college degree making us48[SUP]th[/SUP] in the USA. Forbes ranked Indiana 45th of 50 as an ideal placeto live. We are ranked 26[SUP]th[/SUP] in the cost of doing business, 32nd inour economy, 39[SUP]th[/SUP] in quality of life.

What’s good about Indiana? It’s easy to buy a gun.
    No beach? Ever been to the dunes?

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I know Indiana isn't perfect, but I can't think of anywhere I'd rather live. Every place will have it's faults. If it bothers you too much then adios!

macafly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I think Y'all have it about covered. I drive our lowboy hauling heavy equipment from time to time, and I don't know that our drivers are any worse than anywhere else, but they seem to have no concept of common courtesy, or even common sense --- they must think I leave those 5 or 6 car lengths for them to cut in and slam on the brakes to make their turn, so they don't have to wait an extra 3 seconds!!, everyone knows a fully loaded truck at 120,000 pounds can stop on a dime!!.
    I still like it here. It's way too easy to dwell on the negative, life is too short, and we are blessed!!
    Cheers everyone!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think Y'all have it about covered. I drive our lowboy hauling heavy equipment from time to time, and I don't know that our drivers are any worse than anywhere else, but they seem to have no concept of common courtesy, or even common sense --- they must think I leave those 5 or 6 car lengths for them to cut in and slam on the brakes to make their turn, so they don't have to wait an extra 3 seconds!!, everyone knows a fully loaded truck at 120,000 pounds can stop on a dime!!.
    I still like it here. It's way too easy to dwell on the negative, life is too short, and we are blessed!!
    Cheers everyone!

Right on.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Indiana_Dunes_National_Lakeshore_West_Beach_view_Chicago.jpg

4200666259_0e57f294b6_o.jpg

Oh wait that last one is from the 60s....... oops. :P

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    SBS law, that's a biggie in my mind.
    The fact that Evansville and NW Indiana is part of Indiana. Let Kentucky and Illinois annex those both, respectively. :)
    One and ONLY one alternative rock station in the Indy area. Think we're big enough for two (one for metal, the other for the hipster wuss rock that has become known as "rock")
    The concept that Subway is allowed to sell here in Indiana... It's not a sandwich, it's a sandwich-like food substitute product. If Micheal Phelps actually ate one, he would apologize to the nation...
    It's soda, not pop... freaks.
    In rural areas, the gossip garbage is exactly that. If you have umbrage with someone, talk to them directly. Seems to be a midwest thing: We don't like you, so we will talk around you, but smile to your face.
    Southern Indiana: Everything seems to have a price. I've never been to other states where everyone seemed to want to make a buck on anything they can get their hands on. They would sell their children if given the chance. It's not an economic depression issue, they just all seem like traders down there.

Outside of those minor complaints, love Indiana, and this is from a former Ohio refugee. Though, I will admit, I love Kentucky, Missouri and most of the western states. My retirement property will either be Wyoming, Utah or maybe here.

As for the winters: Indiana is where God sends the faithful to test their mettle... Only the hard and the strong survive the winters, and in the warmer months, her fertile land yields the fruit of their labors. We will tame this land and make it ours...

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    As for the winters: Indiana is where God sends the faithful to test their mettle... Only the hard and the strong survive the winters, and in the warmer months, her fertile land yields the fruit of their labors. We will tame this land and make it ours...

Indiana winters ain't so bad... try doing Indiana winters + mountains... people around here would explode if they had to drive in the snow at a 30-45 degree angle...

Top Bottom