• ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    You had an encounter with a psycho.

Sounds like you handled the situation correctly.

One of the reasons I carry is because there are nutjobs like that running around and you never know when they're going to become violent.

Rampdog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    Cloverdale
    Well handled situation. I think I would have gotten the idiots plate number and called LE about a possibly drunken driver. And where was the store manager during all this? I believe I would have had a few words with him.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    If the op had been getting fuel at a station, maybe the nitwit wouldn't like his color car or such, then creates the scene about the oc firearm, prompting me to make sure I carry as much as possible. People go off on a dime, bi polar, goofy, whatever. Cool head covered the situation, but you can't convince everyone that it is legal, and a moral right to oc carry in the public.
    I thought Michigan was a bragging state about fishing, hunting, parks, and camping. The subject sounds like he should return to his own state and maybe visit Detroit for a crime lesson. Ask Evan Marshal how peacefull it is there. IIRC he was a police officer there for many years, fighting with the street crime. Good handle OP for you OC carry.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Let me preface this by saying I usually CC but from time to time I like to OC my GP100. Never had any issues at all from either form of carry til about 30 minutes ago...

Just got back from lunch at Chipotle on 96th street (+1 for them and their staff btw) where I had someone appreach me while I was eating.

First thing he said was "Is THAT a real gun??!!"

I respond with a polite "yes" :rolleyes: and he seemed like he was a nice guy and just interested that's all.

Then he starts asking me why I feel the need to carry a gun

I respond politely again with a basic answer of it's my right and so on but keeping it short casue I really didnt feel like talking to this guy

Then he completely freaks out... "ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? HOW IS THAT SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE!!??!?!

I had no idea what to say. I just kept cool and told him it was legal and all

He came back by yelling at me more calling me a s***head, A**hole, stupid ******* .... just about everything you can think of. Saying how I am putting everyone's lives in danger :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ya know about any where in here you could have handed him the empty plates to take back, an empty bread basket, or just a glass and ask him to go refill it for ya along with, "Yer kill'n your tip here ya know."

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Then he starts asking me why I feel the need to carry a gun...

My attention from this point on would have been on my burrito. In my experience, this is where the "conversation" goes downhill.

Originally Posted by Jack Ryan
    Ya know about any where in here you could have handed him the empty plates to take back, an empty bread basket, or just a glass and ask him to go refill it for ya along with, "Yer kill'n your tip here ya know."

I would have looked at him after I finished, handed him my tray and said, "If you're going to be expending energy, make yourself useful."

Last edited:

chefnick7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Monticello Indiana
    Nice way to handle it ! I love how he is all concerned about a legal gun yet he disturbs the peace with vulgarity and profanity's in front of the children he's so worried about.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    Anyways he stormed off everyone was staring at him as he climed into his silver saturn with Michigan plates :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey, it wasn't silver...It was grey. And for the record, I haven't changed those plates for 6 years. Geesh. :D:D

jkjk, Seriously though man...Your gonna run into people like that. They are the very same people you don't want owning guns for obvious reasons. Best thing to do is let them hang themselves in front of everyone by their own actions. Just like in politics, other peoples over reactions are sometimes your best advertisement for the cause. Keep the faith!

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    cocaine.jpg

9lock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Classified
    Anyways he stormed off everyone was staring at him as he climed into his silver saturn with Michigan plates :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I would not take it too personal and I'll tell you why, I lived in Florida for almost 20 years, in that time meeting/being around and working for people from around the country, you notice different traits from people from different states. What you experienced is one of the traits I have encountered from folks from that area as well, not sure why that is? but I'm sure it was nothing you did personally, call it? after effects from the lunar eclipse or testosterone imbalance.

Top Bottom