Not open for further replies.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    One particularly arrogant little prick, who happens to be aprosecuting attorney in Florida(must be something with being a prosecutor, the few I've met think they are gods gift to the world)
    Only the ones in Florida. ;)

But they actually are...

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    For the few in here that have chosen not to support this, that is fine, you have the right to do that, but remember this is not about whether you support gay marriage or traditional marriage, it's all about supporting the 1st amendment....the freedom of speech. :twocents:

No, it's not. For me it's about not giving my money to a company whose head openly endorses and gives money to causes I strongly oppose whose efforts directly and measurably hurt me and people I care very much about. He's got a right to his opinion and I fully support his right to state it. Just as I fully have the right to not support his business and to make my lack of support known. That's part of that free market I keep hearing people here yammer on about as if they actually understood it.

I view openly anti-gun companies who work to lobby for gun control in much the same light and try to not give them my money either. I seriously doubt the folks who've posted in this thread in support would be as up in arms if the Brady Campaign were put in a similar position. Most of them would be giggling gleefully.

Yep, politicians shouldn't be working to restrict where CFA can build their stores based on the statements of the owner, but that's not what generated this level of response to this issue and most here know it, though it makes for another good justification to cover the underlying issue.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I didn't realize that so many people LOVED mediocre, overpriced, fast food. Yuk.

For me it has nothing to do with the food. I am standing up for the little guy being attacked by the government for having a belief system.

First they came for the chicken eaters, and I did not speak out,
    Because I was not a chicken eater....

Will all of these hypocrites stop using gasoline since OPEC supplies us oil and many countries don't just disallow gay marriage but openly advocates their death?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I view openly anti-gun companies who work to lobby for gun control in much the same light and try to not give them my money either. I seriously doubt the folks who've posted in this thread in support would be as up in arms if the Brady Campaign were put in a similar position. Most of them would be giggling gleefully.

I can't speak for anybody else, but if an outward supporter of the Brady campaign had a restaurant, I certainly would not go there to eat to show support for the positions I disagree with. (tgats tge job of tgeir supporters) Neither would I endorse a Brady campaign supporters' discrimination by public officials because of his/her religious beliefs either.

Just because some people have legitimate convictions at odds with the "gay rights" crowd, they're automatically assumed to be uneven-handed?

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Just because some people have legitimate convictions at odds with the "gay rights" crowd, they're automatically assumed to be uneven-handed?

Allow me to quote the relevant part of what I was responding to:

"it's all about supporting the 1st amendment....the freedom of speech."

And your response completely proved my point.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The one at jefferson point was packed and all it did was screw up the traffic for the people to go to the other 100 stores in the complex.

What I want to know is do any of these people have jobs or lives? Who has an hour to waste in the line at a fast food joint in the middle of a work week?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The one at jefferson point was packed and all it did was screw up the traffic for the people to go to the other 100 stores in the complex.

What I want to know is do any of these people have jobs or lives? Who has an hour to spare in the middle of a work week?

I thought it was only OWS'ers.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Allow me to quote the relevant part of what I was responding to:

"it's all about supporting the 1st amendment....the freedom of speech."

And your response completely proved my point.

And to my question if people that honestly disagree with you on "gay rights" be even handed, the answer is 'no'.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

I thought the support was for free speech...not content?

2yu3sw37748-1.gif

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Just admit it...all this support we are seeing has NOTHING to do with free speech and EVERYTHING to do with opposition to gay marriage.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am

What I want to know is do any of these people have jobs or lives? Who has an hour to waste in the line at a fast food joint in the middle of a work week?

Personally, Sarah and I work at night, so we have the day to do stuff (she works 7pm to 7am, I work 4pm to midnight). I seen a lot of airport workers (aircraft maintenance people) at the one in Plainfield. A lot of retired people. Also quite a few mothers with kids. I also seen a few cops there (some even taking photos with phones).

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Went to go show my support for Chick-fil-A (mmmmm... spicy chicken sandwich). Couldn't get near the place. Guess I'll have to show my support later.

Jim Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    One of my business partner's daughters works at a CFA in Greenwood.

Evidently a gentleman came in today and left 50 $100 bills as a "donation" / sign of support to the Company.

It is good to see some folks standing up for Cathy's First Amendment righs.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Just admit it...all this support we are seeing has NOTHING to do with free speech and EVERYTHING to do with opposition to gay marriage.

I went. So did my Dad and Step-Mom. None of us are against gay marriage and all of us are for free speech, so I guess that makes that absolute statement you just made completely wrong.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Why can't it be both?:rolleyes:

You think the robot masses going there to eat chicken parts gave 2 thoughts about the Constitution? I wonder how many even take the time to VOTE? Lets not kid ourselves. I will concede that there are those on this board that support both but this board is a bubble in a world of reality TV and pop star idolatry. They use their brains just enough to know that they don't like the thought of 2 dudes kissing let alone marry but will PAY to watch to women go at it. It's a screwed up world we live in. We could actually be devolving into a dumber species if we are not careful.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I thought the support was for free speech...not content?

Im sure it was for some. As for me, if there was a CFA close by, I would have gone because I support a person willing to stand up for values similar to mine surely knowing the whithering firestorm of political correctness he'd be subject to.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I went. So did my Dad and Step-Mom. None of us are against gay marriage and all of us are for free speech, so I guess that makes that absolute statement you just made completely wrong.

This board ain't reality...critical thinking is common here. Reality shows otherwise.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom