GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You think the robot masses going there to eat chicken parts gave 2 thoughts about the Constitution? I wonder how many even take the time to VOTE? Lets not kid ourselves. I will concede that there are those on this board that support both but this board is a bubble in a world of reality TV and pop star idolatry. They use their brains just enough to know that they don't like the thought of 2 dudes kissing let alone marry but will PAY to watch to women go at it. It's a screwed up world we live in. We could actually be devolving into a dumber species if we are not careful.

I sense some projection here....

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You thing the robot masses going there to eat chicken parts gave 2 thoughts about the Constitution? I wonder how many take the time to VOTE? Lets not kid ourselves. I will concede that there are those on this board that support both but this board is a bubble in a world of reality TV and pop star idolatry. They use their brains just enough to know that they don't like the thought of 2 dudes kissing let alone marry. Now they will PAY to watch to women go at it. It's a screwed up world we will in. We could actually be devolving into a dumber species if we are not careful.

I won't argue with you on this. I am even worried about our bubble though. I also think the converse is true. There are many folks right here that are so in favor of gay rights, that they are not outraged by the thought of government officials using the power of their office to punish someone for their speech and religious beliefs. What happened to the belief that I may not agree with what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it? We are not the men that our Founders deserve.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    There are many folks right here that are so in favor of gay rights, that they are not outraged by the thought of government officials using the power of their office to punish someone for their speech and religious beliefs.

I do not want that either.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Just admit it...all this support we are seeing has NOTHING to do with free speech and EVERYTHING to do with opposition to gay marriage.

So what do you use to base this observation?

Are you using the Facebook posts about it? Are you using the quotes from people taken by the MSM? We may be in a bubble here, but all of those sources have agendas too.

There are plenty of people that went because of the first amendment. Those people didn't make a Facebook post and weren't chosen as being bigoted enough to be in the local liberal rag.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    I won't argue with you on this. I am even worried about our bubble though. I also think the converse is true. There are many folks right here that are so in favor of gay rights, that they are not outraged by the thought of government officials using the power of their office to punish someone for their speech and religious beliefs. What happened to the belief that I may not agree with what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it? We are not the men that our Founders deserve.

Sad, but true. However, there is still time for us to step up.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So what do you use to base this observation?

Are you using the Facebook posts about it? Are you using the quotes from people taken by the MSM? We may be in a bubble here, but all of those sources have agendas too.

There are plenty of people that went because of the first amendment. Those people didn't make a Facebook post and weren't chosen as being bigoted enough to be in the local liberal rag.

I hold a dim view of the general public when it comes to political protests. Most people don't even bother to vote based on our dismal voter turn out. You think the same people who don't bother to vote CARE about free speech? Do you think that there were quite a few people going there "just because"...aka jumping on the bandwagon? How many people going there to protest know which amendment even covers free speech? How many people who are showing up even know the details to the controversy? No, I do not give the masses that much credit, you are a better man than I if you do.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I hold a dim view of the general public when it comes to political protests. Most people don't even bother to vote based on our dismal voter turn out. You think the same people who don't bother to vote CARE about free speech? Do you think that there were quite a few people going there "just because"...aka jumping on the bandwagon? How many people going there to protest know which amendment even covers free speech? How many people who are showing up even know the details to the controversy? No, I do not give the masses that much credit, you are a better man than I if you do.

Tough day today, Denny?

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I went today to the store in Jefferson Pointe in Fort Wayne. It took me an hour and forty minutes to get through the drive through. It did not look like the walk up service was any faster as the parking lot was packed full of people waiting.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I'll put my two cents in here. To be honest, when I first heard about this I was astounded. The owner of a privately held company was ask his opinion. He answered. That's it.
    Why should his personal opinion effect/affect (for you grammar police out there :D) his companies expansion? You can sure bet if Cathy donated huge sums to the Democratic party, there would be well over 20 Chic filas in Chicago alone.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Biblical marriage was the term he used. Don't try and spin this as not anti-gay. He "bashes" gays by giving $5 Million dollars to organizations whose sole purpose is to make sure gays can't marry. I think it says a lot about a group of people who are willing to spend massive amounts of money to prevent the happiness of others that would in no way impact their own lives. Some would say it was against the actual message of the groups dead leader. I wonder if Cathy is interested in the other aspects of "biblical marriage" - the stoning, the servitude, etc...

What is it about the term "traditional marriage" as compared to "biblical marriage" that confuses you? And what business is it of yours or anyone else's to what causes anyone contributes with their own money? The principles in question are freedom of speech, and freedom of religious convictions vs governments punishing "unfavorable" speech or religious convictions.

By your logic, gays who contribute to pro-gay politicians are heterosexual-haters who are spending massive amounts of money to suppress freedom of speech and religious convictions with which they don't agree. I wonder if they are interested in the assertion that most male pedophiles say they were molested by an older male when they were children.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I went today to the store in Jefferson Pointe in Fort Wayne. It took me an hour and forty minutes to get through the drive through. It did not look like the walk up service was any faster as the parking lot was packed full of people waiting.

If you had your AC on full blast with your windows down and car idling in drive-through line I will rep you :)

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    No, it's not. For me it's about not giving my money to a company whose head openly endorses and gives money to causes I strongly oppose whose efforts directly and measurably hurt me and people I care very much about. He's got a right to his opinion and I fully support his right to state it. Just as I fully have the right to not support his business and to make my lack of support known. That's part of that free market I keep hearing people here yammer on about as if they actually understood it.

I view openly anti-gun companies who work to lobby for gun control in much the same light and try to not give them my money either. I seriously doubt the folks who've posted in this thread in support would be as up in arms if the Brady Campaign were put in a similar position. Most of them would be giggling gleeful

Yep, politicians shouldn't be working to restrict where CFA can build their stores based on the statements of the owner, but that's not what generated this level of response to this issue and most here know it, though it makes for another good justification to cover the underlying issue.

Believe it or not, everyone has the right under the Constitution to express their beliefs publicly. It seems people are tired of being told they are haters because they aren't conforming to what a very small group of citizens have decided is the new morality. It's a shame we all aren't perfectly in charity with each other, but neither does anyone have a Constitutional right to not be offended. You are free to spend your dollars as you wish, just as everyone else is (except that as of today we all have to pay for abortificients whether it violates our religious beliefs or not).

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Went to the CfA in Noblesville tonight. Arrived at 6pm and got our food at 8 pm. The crowd was happy, patient and polite. The staff was outstanding in their attitude and professionalism.

In talking to others in line, a common idea emerged among the patrons. We are tired of being told by the Left, that their opinion is the only one that counts. They condemn conservatives and label them as intolerant, hate mongering rubes, who must obey the demands of our enlightened, all knowing, highly educated, Liberal Overlords. This was a simple act of defiance, by a multitude, to the east and left coast politicians and the mainstream media.

100_0585.jpg

Last edited:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    What is it about the term "traditional marriage" as compared to "biblical marriage" that confuses you? And what business is it of yours or anyone else's to what causes anyone contributes with their own money? The principles in question are freedom of speech, and freedom of religious convictions vs governments punishing "unfavorable" speech or religious convictions.

By your logic, gays who contribute to pro-gay politicians are heterosexual-haters who are spending massive amounts of money to suppress freedom of speech and religious convictions with which they don't agree. I wonder if they are interested in the assertion that most male pedophiles say they were molested by an older male when they were children.

Well, we certainly don't follow all the biblical rules about marriage, for starters. I think you would be surprised by just what biblical marriage law entails. I understand the terms just fine. I was simply correcting you. Biblical marriage is the quote. I have already addressed the money issue up thread.

I don't know of any homosexual organizations that want to restrict the marriage of heterosexuals. Do you?

And here comes the pedophilia card....sad, trashy. I'm done here. Continue living your life while actively denying happiness to others.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom