Not open for further replies.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Wife and I are heading down to Noblesville, in a little while, to join the crowd.

ChikFilAFreedom.jpg

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I guess I am having trouble grasping the outrage from conservatives regarding the mayors' statements. Conservative mayors/municipalites say the same on a daily basis regarding bars, liquor stores, strip clubs, Hooters, gun shops, shooting ranges, adult book stores, etc...

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I have missed parts of the back story to this. How was the government acting against Chik-Fil-A? I saw some political figures who'd come out against Chik-Fil-A, but what have they done from an official standpoint to punish Chik-Fil-A?

cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    Went to the one in the Jefferson Point area around 2. Stood in line for about an hour but totally worth it! Go Chick-Fil-A!!!

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I wont be attending because of a few reasons

Ok now I do believe that a religious marriage should be determined by the religion and church as theyre are some Christan churches that would marry same sex couples but cant because of law and these two things should be separated. Same sex marriage really should be 2 different fights that arent interconnected at all. One side you could have the fight for a religious marriage which is easy to find ways around if you like same sex and ways to ban it if you dont. Just switch churches.
    A lawful marriage shouldnt be based on the sex of the person or heck even how many people technically. Basing a law on a certain religion is also being discriminate towards other religions as well. You want to marry your sister and her friends or your boyfriend I would say you should be able to. Im not for only gay rights but rights for everyone no matter what just like the race equality there should be a sex equality. A church may not like marrying interracial but the government allows it.

I bet most of the south disagreed with race equality at first now its a none issue.

Now banning a place just because you dont agree is wrong and that kind of attitutde could also be used against gun owners and cyclist. Just because your antigun doesnt mean you can stop a BPS, cabelas or gander mountain from opening.

I wont be going because they are way too expensive for what food you get there.

Also just a a side note if you want to boycott any same sex marriage supporting companys good luck eating anything besides fast food, drinking soda, or even using a computer unless you use linux.

Last edited:

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I have missed parts of the back story to this. How was the government acting against Chik-Fil-A? I saw some political figures who'd come out against Chik-Fil-A, but what have they done from an official standpoint to punish Chik-Fil-A?

Chicago alderman says he’ll block Chick-fil-A expansion in northwest part of the city - The Washington Post

On Wednesday, Moreno did not dispute that Cathy had the right to say what he said. But, Moreno said, “There are consequences for freedom of speech (and) in this case the consequences are... you’re not going to have your first free-standing restaurant in Chicago.”

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Because gay.

I think it has more to do with people not being willing to give up the power of controlling their neighbors.

You folks seem to be reading issues where there weren't any. Dan Cathy was asked his opinion on marriage; he said he supported traditional marriage. He didn't say he was against gays (and by all accounts his organization has no bias against them), he didn't bash gays, and he didn't bring up the question. A similar type question, which some members of INGO might be more familiar with would have been asking him whether he preferred to Open Carry or Concealed Carry.

Naturally, politically active gays and Democrats decided to condemn him for his opinion and make a political issue of it by publicly declaring they would not allow his businesses in their cities.

While I've heard some former preacher-turned-politician-turned-political commentator suggested people show their support for Chik-fil-A by showing up today, I - for one - would have made the same statement anyway (I LIKE CfA).

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    You folks seem to be reading issues where there weren't any. Dan Cathy was asked his opinion on marriage; he said he supported traditional marriage. He didn't say he was against gays (and by all accounts his organization has no bias against them), he didn't bash gays, and he didn't bring up the question. A similar type question, which some members of INGO might be more familiar with would have been asking him whether he preferred to Open Carry or Concealed Carry.

Naturally, politically active gays and Democrats decided to condemn him for his opinion and make a political issue of it by publicly declaring they would not allow his businesses in their cities.

While I've heard some former preacher-turned-politician-turned-political commentator suggested people show their support for Chik-fil-A by showing up today, I - for one - would have made the same statement anyway (I LIKE CfA).

Biblical marriage was the term he used. Don't try and spin this as not anti-gay. He "bashes" gays by giving $5 Million dollars to organizations whose sole purpose is to make sure gays can't marry. I think it says a lot about a group of people who are willing to spend massive amounts of money to prevent the happiness of others that would in no way impact their own lives. Some would say it was against the actual message of the groups dead leader. I wonder if Cathy is interested in the other aspects of "biblical marriage" - the stoning, the servitude, etc...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

The bolded is the key issue. We need to fix the government problem by stripping hem of their ability to obstruct through permitting and zoning laws.

I personally agree with Cathy's position on gay marriage so long as he's not calling on the government to ban gay marriage. He has every right to voice his opinion and consumers have every right to do business with CFA or go elsewhere if they so choose. The government at any level does not have the right to hold him hostage via regulations because they don't like his opinion. What re we doing to fix this? It seems like both sides of the political spectrum list to use zoning and permits for their own gain.

We can all go to CFA to voice or approval or disapproval. That's great. But what about the next business owner that speaks his opinion?

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Knife Lady & I were at the Southport road location just a little after 2pm and the place was packed. It was a good experience. :yesway:

For the few in here that have chosen not to support this, that is fine, you have the right to do that, but remember this is not about whether you support gay marriage or traditional marriage, it's all about supporting the 1st amendment....the freedom of speech. :twocents:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom