• Status
    Not open for further replies.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Went to the CfA in Noblesville tonight. Arrived at 6pm and got our food at 8 pm. The crowd was happy, patient and polite. The staff was outstanding in their attitude and professionalism.

In talking to others in line, a common idea emerged among the patrons. We are tired of being told by the Left, that their opinion is the only one that counts. They condemn conservatives and label them as intolerant, hate mongering rubes, who must obey the demands of our enlightened, all knowing, highly educated, Liberal Overlords. This was a simple act of defiance, by a multitude, to the east and left coast politicians and the mainstream media.

If leftists had to wait two hours for their meal, they would have rolled cars, mugged people and looted the place. Wouldn't be "fair" to make them wait. ;)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Just admit it...all this support we are seeing has NOTHING to do with free speech and EVERYTHING to do with opposition to gay marriage.
    Who knows what the true motivation was for the massive turn out, all that really matters is Chic-Fil-a made a ton of money today because of people whining and crying over a mans opinion, and they will continue to do so. All the uproar has been the best thing to ever happen to that company. I'm guessing this isn't the outcome the liberal media and it's puppets had hoped for.

Kinda silly, isn't it?

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Happy to say that I waited in line for 25 minutes today at the Westfield location. Main reason was to support the free speech end...I could care less about the marriage deal. Chick-fil-a is the only "fast food" joint I've ever been to where they have not screwed up my order or forgotten to give me sauce that I asked for :):

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Believe it or not, everyone has the right under the Constitution to express their beliefs publicly.

Yes. We ALL do. Please remember that.

I quote what I wrote:
    "He's got a right to his opinion and I fully support his right to state it. Just as I fully have the right to not support his business and to make my lack of support known."

So please stop the insinuation I believe otherwise. It's beneath you, sir.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Just admit it...all this support we are seeing has NOTHING to do with free speech and EVERYTHING to do with opposition to gay marriage.

On the contrary, I say it has everything to do with opposition to traditional marriage.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I went to the Plainfield store. Problem was that I was hungry when I got there and there was a two hour wait to get to the counter. After a while we left and ate somewhere else. I'll go back Friday and see if the lesbians show up. Maybe I'll donate a tarp and some Crisco cooking oil and watch while I eat my chicken.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

On the contrary, I say it has everything to do with opposition to traditional marriage.

Wow, a couple of regular mind readers. All this time I thought myself, and others, were supporting Free Speech, thank you for helping me see that I did not even know what I was thinking....

:rolleyes:

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    In any case, today's event and support of Chick-fil-A is now over. Though the debate will continue to rage on.

It should be noted that Chick-fil-A did not endorse, nor did it have anything to do with promoting Mike Huckabee's brainchild. They apparently wish to distance itself from the uproar created that lead to today's event. Furthermore, the company has publicly stated that it would not share information on crowds or sales.

Though there has been some support for Chick-fil-a from at least one other business owner. Jim Furmen, who owns no less than 86 of the company’s franchises in North Carolina, decided to have all 86 of his restaurants display a sign making the following unapologetic statement:

314371_4123999985828_1733451019_n.jpg

We'll see what Friday's "Kiss In" will do to business, in which gay marriage proponents will hold kiss-in's at Chick-fil-A's across the country, declaring the day "National Same-Sex Kiss Day" or "Kiss Mor Chiks."

592203_444598242237116_1028266764_n.jpg

Oh, on a side note: Liberals aren't the only ones that don't like Chick-fil-a:

6.jpg

Thanks to everyone who participated in this thread, and a special thanks to all that supported whichever cause they chose by eating at Chick-fil-a today.

As I am the OP, and the event is now over, I'll now ask the mods to close this thread.

Last edited:

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    As of 8 p.m. tonight, Chick-fil-A in Evansville at CrossPoint Blvd. had a full hour wait just to get into the lot, with EPD and the manager begging people to stop coming just to give his staff a break. Did receive several coupons for milkshakes though. Tomorrow maybe the line will be shorter.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I won't argue with you on this. I am even worried about our bubble though. I also think the converse is true. There are many folks right here that are so in favor of gay rights, that they are not outraged by the thought of government officials using the power of their office to punish someone for their speech and religious beliefs. What happened to the belief that I may not agree with what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it? We are not the men that our Founders deserve.

Voltaire was not a Founding Father.
    Nor does our Constitution constrain the citizenry - it constrains Government.
    But I agree - we are not the men that our Republic deserves.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Who knows what the true motivation was for the massive turn out, all that really matters is Chic-Fil-a made a ton of money today because of people whining and crying over a mans opinion, and they will continue to do so. All the uproar has been the best thing to ever happen to that company. I'm guessing this isn't the outcome the liberal media and it's puppets had hoped for.

Kinda silly, isn't it?

Ya' think?????

From my viewpoint and that of most of the people that I talked to (was at C-F-A 2x today) is that all of the support is for the right of everyone to have and speak their mind and opinion. It has long since gotten tiresome where when someone speaks their opinion they are vilified and excoriated because it doesn't meet some intolerant Lib's definition of "ACCEPTABLE" speech/thought.

Political Correctness is ALWAYS Political and RARELY correct.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Ya' think?????

From my viewpoint and that of most of the people that I talked to (was at C-F-A 2x today) is that all of the support is for the right of everyone to have and speak their mind and opinion. It has long since gotten tiresome where when someone speaks their opinion they are vilified and excoriated because it doesn't meet some intolerant Lib's definition of "ACCEPTABLE" speech/thought.

Political Correctness is ALWAYS Political and RARELY correct.

Very well put.

Hopefully this is the "Lexington and Concord" of political correctness!

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Wow, a couple of regular mind readers. All this time I thought myself, and others, were supporting Free Speech, thank you for helping me see that I did not even know what I was thinking....

:rolleyes:

The members on this board are but a tiny speck in the world. We are hardly enough to be representative of ANY group other than INGO.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Tough day today, Denny?

No, but it is a opinion based off years of daily observations and interactions. Maybe you would be surprised at the sheer lack of knowledge of the law...even basic legal concepts, let alone Constitutional law. People LOVE to come up to me while eating or similar with legal questions or political questions/statements. Wow, I think my 11yr old son has a better grasp on this stuff than the general public. Sometimes I just have to smile and nod. Sometimes when I'm taking a report, the complainant expects me to perform legal duties that I have no authority to do. They want me to arrest someone for vandalizing something but they did not witness it nor did anyone else, they are just guessing. Then they get mad at me for "not doing anything about it." I'm VERY pessimistic about the population's ability to think critically and/or logically. It is easier for people to grasp the concept of marriage = man/woman than it is to wrap their brains around Constitutional concepts.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Yes. We ALL do. Please remember that.

I quote what I wrote:
    "He's got a right to his opinion and I fully support his right to state it. Just as I fully have the right to not support his business and to make my lack of support known."

So please stop the insinuation I believe otherwise. It's beneath you, sir.

I'm sorry. What was the purpose of your first paragraph? Were you not insinuating that those of us who supported Chik-fil-A were supporting a business that supports "haters"? That certainly seemed to me to be the thrust of your comment. I took no particular umbrage with the rest of your comment (why should I since it mirrors my own feelings) however, given your comment above, I'm somewhat at a loss to understand why you made the comment to which I responded.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I'm sorry. What was the purpose of your first paragraph?

Brad stated that it was all about the First Amendment and insinuated that those who weren't supporting CFA by going and buying their products was ignoring the free speech issue. I disagreed with that as I stated.

For some people it is about hating. For many people it was about circling the wagons around someone whose principles they agree with who caught heat for making those statements. If it was all about the First Amendment then those same people would be taking the same position if someone they disagreed with was catching the same heat. Very, very few people on this site have that sort of internal moral consistency. I can think of only three or four who regularly post. So don't cloak it in the free speech veil because the actions don't match the words.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom