• Status
    Not open for further replies.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Chowing down now on 82nd Street. Line out the door. White, black, asian, all smiling like it is their birthday.

Good times!

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    We are heading out here shortly. Some friends just sent a text to my wife saying the joint is packed and the line is almost out the door on 135 in Greenwood.

:rockwoot:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    It's refreshing that Chik-Fil-A's ownership had the guts to come out and speak their mind on this issue. I disagree with them however and won't be eating at their restaurant. There are lots of other places to get an artery bomb.

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    I just ate my #3 meal on the way back to the office...and I'm carrying......and I'm of a traditional marriage! :yesway:

Have a great week CF and thanks!! :patriot:

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    Just returned from lunch at the Chick-fil-A on Southport Road (Indy Southside). It was packed! I waited in line about 10 minutes just to get off of Southport Road and into the road leading to the restaurant. In total my wait time was about 40 mins, but don't let that discourage you from going. It was worth it just to see so many happy people in one place! :)

People were lined out the door and the drive-through line went around the building, onto the access road and then back out onto Southport Road. There as a second line coming from the back behind the Taco Bell. I'm not sure how far back it went. A lot of foot traffic as well as people were parking at the adjacent strip mall parking lots and walking over rather than deal with the traffic.

Several of Indy's finest were there directing traffic on the public roads and Chick-fil-A employees were directing traffic on their property.

Everyone was upbeat and maintained a good attitude despite the wait time. A lot of people we taking pictures with their cell phones.

For the drive-up they had one employee in the parking lot taking orders and writing them up while a second employee called in the order over a headset. When I got up to the window to pay for my order and get my food, the cashier said the guy in front of me had aleady paid for my order because I let him in line in front of me. I'm thinking it must have been one of our INGO members :ingo:

BTW, the food was great and the staff did a wonderful job serving so many people. I'm sure they will be tired tonight!

:rockwoot:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    So does the appreciation for one's convictions equal no matter the political stance? I am honestly asking and not being snippy I promise.

The problem over the last 30 or 40 years has become that one side has been able to dictate that other opinions than theirs have no worth and are even hateful, rather than acknowledging the fact that other opinions are just different. When 1% of a population gets to dictate the popular narrative while simultaneously shouting down any opposition voices as "-ists" and therefore not worthy of a seat at the conversational table, that is not only disingenuous, but it is dishonest. Most of the folks spouting "hate" these days are the ones accusing others of "hate" because the others disagree with them and for no other reason.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The GF and I were at Southport right at 11 a.m., the place was Freaking PACKED!:rockwoot: The manager stopped by our table to say hi, he recognizes me as a once a week regular but I told him we were there to support the boycott. Imagine my surprise when he explained boycott to us!:laugh:

As many have said above, all were having a great time and joking about the "boycott", several of the boys in blue were there chowing down in preparation for the pending traffic jam. I'm glad CFA had the foresight to bring them in for traffic control. I am assuming that they were there as subs to CFA as they were filling out job apps as they ate.:dunno:

I'm glad we got there before the lunch crowds hit though.:patriot:

Eric05

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    New Palestine

Jim Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Traffic was backed up about a mile east and west of the store on 86th Street waiting to get in.

Absolutely awesome to see folks standing up for a man's right to his opinion!!!!

It is also worth noting that every one of the employees was chipper, pleasant, and beaming of positive attitudes just like they always are even with the extra load.

Absolutely awesome.

I am going back at dinner with the family.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    2012-08-01_11-52-30_495-1.jpg

Plainfield CfA. Took the hour drive with the girlfriend just for it. 20-30 minute wait when we go there at 11:25am. Thirty minutes later, it was probably 10-15 minutes longer. This wasn't even the lunch rush yet. I actually had never at one. I loved it. Had grilled chicken club with the waffle fries. Also had one chicken strip, it was very good.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Channel 13 was in Noblesville about 2:15pm and filmed a couple of minutes of the crowd. It was about 1:45 minutes to go inside and was told about 45 minutes for the drive thru. It was pretty darn cool.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom