• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    It might prove entertaining to take photos/video of them and their vehicles and report someone impersonating law enforcement to LPD and ISP. If someone was driving around
    wearing LPD uniforms in an LPD marked vehicle with light bars and such and they aren't sworn LPD officers wouldn't LPD want to investigate that? They do still investigate actual
    crimes up there, don't they? If they refuse, and they probably will, a letter to the editor of the local paper warning the community that there are people driving around the city
    in this vehicle impersonating LEO and that the local PD refuses to investigate might help stir the pot.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yes, it is very common for non-LPD officers to drive around in vehicles marked "Lafayette Police".

Sometimes I feel think screaming at the Kafkaesque nonsense but then I realize that is why they are doing it. Cannot get over the "if it turns out" language. Unbelievable.

Breath deep, complain, move on.

Are spouses allowed to drive take home vehicles? I don't think so, but I'm pretty sure I've seen it done.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I hate to sound so naive, but can't you just sue the hell out of them?

An attorney suing under these circumstances has happened before in his county, Bovey. He won $1 for false arrest and spent tens of thousands on litigation expenses. Wargame it out, how sympathetic would a prospective jury be to a lawyer who have have a legal claim but whose profession is . . . controversial at times?

Can I sue for this? Sure thing? Should I . . . open question.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    An attorney suing under these circumstances has happened before in his county, Bovey. He won $1 for false arrest and spent tens of thousands on litigation expenses. Wargame it out, how sympathetic would a prospective jury be to a lawyer who have have a legal claim but whose profession is . . . controversial at times?

Can I sue for this? Sure thing? Should I . . . open question.

There are people involved who are holding elected positions. What about a political issue campaign on the theme of 'this is how your tax money is being wasted'?

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    There are people involved who are holding elected positions. What about a political issue campaign on the theme of 'this is how your tax money is being wasted'?

Yeah, sometimes it is best to fight fire with fire. Several years ago I had a very wealthy customer(he could buy and sell me 100 times over) who intentionally scammed me out of $10,000+(lot of money for my family). This guy is worth millions of dollars and decided he wanted to yank my chain. It was gonna cost me more than the $10,000 to sue him so I just let him win (so he thought). Is what this guy did not expect is for me to launch a "truth campaign" on him. Some said I was about to get sued for defamation, but I was speaking the truth using public knowledge that anyone can read, nothing more. I told and still tell everyone I know about his past. He has vacant commercial property sitting everywhere now. There are websites when you google his name that tells you to do a mycase check of his name, it lists his past and current lawsuits(including against tenants). He can't find a local company to work for him any longer. The website has names of Dr's, Lawyers, Contractors, Former Tenants....who you can call to get a reference on him. He can't give a building away anymore. I would be willing to bet that $10,000 has cost him 100X that in lost rent and if I live long enough I will still **** on his grave someday. If he hadn't been an old man, that story would have ended differently.

I do realize this is easier to do in a small town of 10,000 where I have lived my entire life and know 1/2 the people, and have never wronged anyone.....intentionally. I didn't get my money, but I did get some satisfaction in knowing Karma bit him in the arse.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yeah, sometimes it is best to fight fire with fire. Several years ago I had a very wealthy customer(he could buy and sell me 100 times over) who intentionally scammed me out of $10,000+(lot of money for my family). This guy is worth millions of dollars and decided he wanted to yank my chain. It was gonna cost me more than the $10,000 to sue him so I just let him win (so he thought). Is what this guy did not expect is for me to launch a "truth campaign" on him. Some said I was about to get sued for defamation, but I was speaking the truth using public knowledge that anyone can read, nothing more. I told and still tell everyone I know about his past. He has vacant commercial property sitting everywhere now. There are websites when you google his name that tells you to do a mycase check of his name, it lists his past and current lawsuits(including against tenants). He can't find a local company to work for him any longer. The website has names of Dr's, Lawyers, Contractors, Former Tenants....who you can call to get a reference on him. He can't give a building away anymore. I would be willing to bet that $10,000 has cost him 100X that in lost rent and if I live long enough I will still **** on his grave someday. If he hadn't been an old man, that story would have ended differently.

I do realize this is easier to do in a small town of 10,000 where I have lived my entire life and know 1/2 the people, and have never wronged anyone.....intentionally. I didn't get my money, but I did get some satisfaction in knowing Karma bit him in the arse.

:yesway:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

As magistrate, she is appointed (she likely lied about me to enhance her reputation) but it certainly could be an issue in the race for other positions.

But those doing this will just lie like LPD is lying to me. "Oh, it wasn't us." "We have no knowledge, blah, blah, blah."

I am not the feds. I can't do wiretaps and sneak and peak at their e-mails and texts messages that are used setting this up.

I have to do FOIA requests for the e-mails that were used to set up the first phony crime report about me and those e-mails have long been wiped.

Top Bottom