• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    Thanks, I drill at Atterbury and my unit is responsible for its upkeep. When I registered I also had to send the serial number to someone at Appleseed. I was told that I would get a response in 48 hours.

I am not mad at appleseed, I understand that they are busy, I was just getting nervous. It is all worked out now tho!

I understand, and you were right to kick us and get your response email :)

YHJ

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Anyone camping this time around? Is that still a possibility even?
    Last time I discovered at the last minute I had sold my small backpacker tent and had to bring the family of 6 tent for just me:rolleyes:. This year I may just bring a sleeping bag, mil surp bivy and rig up a bug net.

Another thing I remember from last year. ALLERGY MEDICATION! It was a spring event so I hadn't been exposed much yet but I went from just fine to missing a couple days of work due to severe congestion and general allergy meltdown. (I'm half the man I used to be :()

I have MRE's I'd be glad to bring for folks if interested (I'm a MRE group buy junkie). $5 per packaged meal. They are REALLY convenient for this type event. Plus if you down a peanut butter package early Sat. you won't have to worry about sitting in the hot porto john all weekend. :D

Last time I froze my polypropylene water bottles, carried 2 and put the rest in a cooler. I was still drinking ice water late Sunday.:yesway:
    I've got several left, they are free to participants if you want and I can fill them up, freeze them and bring them in my cooler. Let me know so I know how many to bring.
    I'm referring to these:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/non_firearms_related/241250-water_bottles.html

IndyND

Plinker
    Apr 18, 2013
    Thanks again for the info. This time will not work for my schedule, but I will definitely be at one before too long. Enjoy the guns and ammo!

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    Are there going be reserve spots for those that drop out, that other can fill? I found out late but would really like to attend.

Last edited:

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    Reserve Slots - I will ask the State Coordinator but my guess is no. Executing this event is very difficult logistically and requires prior notice to base on a variety of information.

Next event - We only post one Atterbury event at a time and do two public events a year. After this one is completed we will post the date for the next one (links will show up on INGO as well of course). Right now I believe its sometime in October.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Dec 2, 2009
    REMINDER

Reminder ... you MUST fill out and send the required information in order to get on base for the Appleseed™. This needs to be completed and received about one week prior to the event.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Still deciding what rifle to bring or I'd have emailed in the info. Too many to pick from. :D

I'd love to bring a bolt gun this time but would also like to take advantage of the free 223 / 308 ammo. My only 308 is an early WWII Spanish Mauser. Not sure if that'll get the job done. :):

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Still deciding what rifle to bring or I'd have emailed in the info. Too many to pick from. :D

I'd love to bring a bolt gun this time but would also like to take advantage of the free 223 / 308 ammo. My only 308 is an early WWII Spanish Mauser. Not sure if that'll get the job done. :):

I'd say if the bore is still serviceable, that it could do the trick. Most battle rifles were designed to hold 4MOA, and the original courses of fire were designed around WWI/WWII vintage rifles, namely the 1903 Springfield and M1 Garand. Granted, those rifles (03A3) had rear peep sights vs. blade an dovetail, which helps tremendously in aiming.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hop you whiny turd, grab whatever is closest to the door! A Rifleman would be able to grab any rack grade rifle and go to work. Are you a Rifleman or a cook? If you are a Rifleman bring the gnarliest crud you got, if not, I like my eggs over medium with bacon, lots of BACON. (Now, where is the throwing down the gauntlet emoticon :) ?)

EVERYBODY, paperwork HAS to be in AT LEAST one week prior to event. If we get it next Sunday you don't get on! SEND IT IN!!!

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    Hop you whiny turd, grab whatever is closest to the door! A Rifleman would be able to grab any rack grade rifle and go to work. Are you a Rifleman or a cook? If you are a Rifleman bring the gnarliest crud you got, if not, I like my eggs over medium with bacon, lots of BACON. (Now, where is the throwing down the gauntlet emoticon :) ?)

EVERYBODY, paperwork HAS to be in AT LEAST one week prior to event. If we get it next Sunday you don't get on! SEND IT IN!!!

^This. He is a whiny turd. LOL! I want to see him shoot rifleman with that old bolt rifle.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    :laugh:

How does one load & reload a bolt action during an AQT?

Quickly.

I seriously considered bringing my mosin 91/30 sniper as my backup. I have less concern over its accuracy than I have in being able to load it 1 round at a time fast enough. Oh, and using the safety on that thing....I'd have nerve damage on my thumb by the end of the weekend.

Top Bottom