• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    What would you have us do? If we moderate, we are accused of censorship or being "anti-Christian". If we don't, we're accused of letting a few people shout down any opposing viewpoints.

I'm a hot second from closing all of those threads, just out of frustration.

You're (the moderating team) going to be the 'bad guys' in someones book no matter what you do, and I understand that's a tough situation.

However, like any other situation, you're not going to be able to satisfy 100% of the users 100% of the time; so at that point, the only answer is whatever is in the best interest of INGO.

Only Fenway and the moderating team can decide what that is, but I do know that there are more normal, average users like me out there.

We sit back and read, chime in where we can offer assistance or have something to share, and sometimes we post just for fun. We're not part of the little 'cliques' where these things (for the most part) seem to originate from on a more and more regular basis.

I just wanted to point out, to EVERYONE, that from this side of the fence, all I can say is that it appears to be a growing problem, and hopefully is one that someone has their eye on!

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Thank you. Personally, I'm sick of all the potshots, bickering and whining taking place over several recent religion-oriented threads. It is driving wedges amongst INGO members where there needn't be any, and is, frankly, making this place a drag.

:+1: Already gave him so reppage!!

What would you have us do? If we moderate, we are accused of censorship or being "anti-Christian". If we don't, we're accused of letting a few people shout down any opposing viewpoints.

I'm a hot second from closing all of those threads, just out of frustration.

This is one of those times when you have to do what is best for the board, you know either way you will have people complain. There are several great survival boards I seldom visit anymore because of all the religious debate. I don't care if your a gay jewish muslim christian, if you value the second amendment and enjoy shooting we have at least enough in common to be sociable with each other.

You will not see one Modzi comment from this peanut gallery if you do what is needed.:ingo:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

motivator6dc236838b20df5aeb2f31a81f.jpg

:D

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    The God haters took over this thread like they do all the others, i'll close it down now just to shut em up for awhile.

I haven't read here where anyone said they were a hater; I just believe that some of the everyday users are just getting tired of all the religious talk here causing the rifts. It's a gun forum, not a chapel.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    The God haters took over this thread like they do all the others, shut it down...its heading nowhere fast anyway.

So what exactly qualifies one as a "God hater"? Is it anyone who doesn't simply accept the particular Christian conception of God that you hold?

I've seen a number of people who don't believe in the Christian God, or any God for that matter, but hardly anything that rises to the level of "hate."

For that matter, how can someone "hate" something that they don't even think exists? It's like saying someone "hates" invisible pink unicorns.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    So what exactly qualifies one as a "God hater"? Is it anyone who doesn't simply accept the particular Christian conception of God that you hold?

I've seen a number of people who don't believe in the Christian God, or any God for that matter, but hardly anything that rises to the level of "hate."

For that matter, how can someone "hate" something that they don't even think exists? It's like saying someone "hates" invisible pink unicorns.

Actually I think it goes back to the OP.

Since this forum has grown and has a population of a small city, I have noticed a small colony of folks here that dont believe in God and even some that felt the need to mock his existance on Easter of all days. Sad I think.

Everyone can live with differences, thats agreed on. But I think the direct attacks lately is what he is referring to.

Yeah I know, whats coming next, what direct attacks, OK fine the non-Christians don't see them, but clearly this animosity isn't out of thin air.

I think the time has come to agree to disagree.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Actually I think it goes back to the OP.

Everyone can live with differences, thats agreed on. But I think the direct attacks lately is what he is referring to.

Yeah I know, whats coming next, what direct attacks, OK fine the non-Christians don't see them, but clearly this animosity isn't out of thin air.

Actually that's not where I'd go. Instead I'd go with "where are you when the direct attacks are against people who are not Christian?"

I've been on the receiving end, right here, on this forum. It's amazing the things that have been attributed to me because I don't believe in the Christian God and am willing to articulate why either when asked or when the subject of the discussion is one's religious beliefs.

I think the time has come to agree to disagree.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Since this forum has grown and has a population of a small city, I have noticed a small colony of folks here that dont believe in God and even some that felt the need to mock his existance on Easter of all days. Sad I think.

i dont know about the easter bashing?? but lol, if you think of it how would an athiest know its easter?? so dont take offense :)

i actualy think the christians do most of the bashing. why does religion have to be brought into everything and thrown in peoples faces?? christians make fun of muslims for their calling to prayer but i see christians who pray everytime they drink a starbucks coffee. so whats they difference?

all im saying to all: dont throw it in peoples face cause if you do then be prepared to get it right back into yours. co-exist. i respect peoples beliefs, but respect mine too.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    i dont know about the easter bashing?? but lol, if you think of it how would an athiest know its easter?? so dont take offense :)

i actualy think the christians do most of the bashing. why does religion have to be brought into everything and thrown in peoples faces?? christians make fun of muslims for their calling to prayer but i see christians who pray everytime they drink a starbucks coffee. so whats they difference?

all im saying to all: dont throw it in peoples face cause if you do then be prepared to get it right back into yours. co-exist. i respect peoples beliefs, but respect mine too.

Actually, it's the non believers starting all these threads. Just saying.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    Wow....

What's the purpose of INGO? Is it to spread your beliefs, or your non beliefs? Is it to recruit others to your religion, or lack thereof? Maybe it's to condemn others beliefs (or lack thereof)....

Oh wait, that's right! It's supposed to be a place where Hoosier gun enthusiasts can come together to share their interests related to firearms, shooting, and related activities.

If that were true, then there wouldn't be a part of the board called the Break Room. Let's just take a look at the description of the board.

General off-topic NON-FIREARMS related discussion goes here! PS: No Politics!
    Well, from reading this I'd have to say that religious threads do belong on INGO, provided that they are in the Break Room. They are Non-Firearms related, and I don't think that anyone can deny that they are off-topic at times. Granted, some of them do get a tad political, but for the most part they stay out of politics.

If you believe that INGO is only supposed to be about firearm related discussion, then let's just how many threads in the Break Room don't fit that description.

SavageEagle has a thread about hail damage.

Angie has a thread about her dead sycamore tree.

Fletch has a thread about the iPad.

darinb has a thread about being a father again (congrats by the way).

hornadylnl has a thread about building a new steel building.

And, my favorite on the list, Six Shooter Steve has a thread about Easter Candy Hangover.

My point with all of this is that INGO is a community. We are a very diverse community with one main thing in common; firearms. However, no community that I know of is centered around one single, solitary aspect. All of the "extra" non-firearms related threads are what really makes this place a community. We get to know about each other, our lives, our dreams, our pains. We argue, fight, and show compassion at times. All things in a community.

If you get a handful of INGO members together for breakfast, as we often do in Noblesville, you'll find that, yes, we talk about our guns, but we talk about much more. We talk politics, religion, cars, camping, and the merits of sausage gravy over bacon gravy. We may have all found INGO because of the firearms, but we stayed because of the community.

Religion is a part of every community in the world. Why should INGO be any different?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom