• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    OK... This is all in reference to "one post" (i've already linked to it twice)... Can SOMEBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN what is so offensive about this post??? If not, you can all lick my nutz! (I've got some seasoned almonds).

Well, now I'm really wondering what YOUR object in this thread is.

Do you really expect us to believe that you are not smart enough to figure out how having someone call Jesus, on Easter, a "zombie messiah" wouldn't be offensive to Christians? Is the object of your posts really to convince us that you are just rock bottom stupid?

Or, are you merely being less than honest with your repeated professions of shock that a Christian may be less than pleased by such deliberately hateful speech?

Really... I'm curious. Which is the truth?

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Three things that will always cause an argument:

Religion!! (My god can kick your god's butt, mine is the true god, there is only one god, there is no god.)

Politics!! (Liberal, liberal, Deocrat, Republican, Libertarian, libertarian, Leftwing, Rightwing)

Women!! (They're always right ask your wife, mom, girlfriend, sister, aunt, neighbor they will tell you so.)

:+1:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Since this forum has grown and has a population of a small city, I have noticed a small colony of folks here that dont believe in God and even some that felt the need to mock his existance on Easter of all days. Sad I think.

So many folks claim to follow Christianity, can quote biblical phrases at the drop of a hat (actually a good thing) but then do things like this:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/83980-ugh_some_people.html

Not terribly sanctifying. For someone to claim to be a good Christian and look down upon those who do not believe in Christianity, gotta act the part too...:dunno::noway:

I trust and put faith into the speakings of those who follow their beliefs, not just state them when convienient... :twocents:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I didn't say all. I just find it ironic that the OP took offense to what Dustjunky wrote but then told someone else to lick his b***s when they said he drove a Dodge. I'm sure that most Christians don't go around getting offended and telling others to lick their testes over choice of vehicle issues.

More to the story than what is on the surface............
    Well, I won't speak for FordMan08 but the Dodge in question was his late fathers truck that he just did a wonderful job restoring.
    Think tribute.
    I kind of took it as a slap toward his father myself and he might has as well.
    Just my opinion. :twocents:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    So many folks claim to follow Christianity, can quote biblical phrases at the drop of a hat (actually a good thing) but then do things like this:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/83980-ugh_some_people.html

Not terribly sanctifying. For someone to claim to be a good Christian and look down upon those who do not believe in Christianity, gotta act the part too...:dunno::noway:

I trust and put faith into the speakings of those who follow their beliefs, not just state them when convienient... :twocents:

owned_0945.jpg

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    There are some atheists who are real jerks.
    There are some Christians who are real jerks.
    There are some atheists who are wonderful people.
    There are some Christians who are wonderful people.

*shrug*
    ^^^ This.

There is enough guilt to go around here.
    It doesn't even matter who said the 1st statement.
    If a believer\non believer says somethings edgy, some members of the opposite community come rushing in to bash away, while some who share the belief\non belief system come running to the defense.

Pick a group LEO\LEO bashers, Glock lover\Haters, Liberals\Libertarians\Conservatives or OC\CCers it really doesn't matter.

The missing component from most of these discussions is respect.
    Most, who have been here for awhile know I'm Agnostic.
    I am not anti-religion. I defend a person's right to believe as they choose and respect their views.
    That respect has, in most cases, been returned to me once I have spelled out my viewpoint.
    In cases in which it hasn't, Fletch said it best, some people are just jerks.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    More to the story than what is on the surface............
    Well, I won't speak for FordMan08 but the Dodge in question was his late fathers truck that he just did a wonderful job restoring.
    Think tribute.
    I kind of took it as a slap toward his father myself and he might has as well.
    Just my opinion. :twocents:

I wasn't aware of the background, I'm not sure that it changes my opinion but it does explain the response a little better.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    ***In my chanting voice***

IN-GO CHAPEL!
    IN-GO CHAPEL!
    IN-GO CHAPEL!
    IN-GO CHAPEL!
    IN-GO CHAPEL!
    IN-GO CHAPEL!
    IN-GO CHAPEL!
    IN-GO CHAPEL!
    IN-GO CHAPEL!
    IN-GO CHAPEL!
    IN-GO CHAPEL!
    IN-GO CHAPEL!

It doesn't matter what they do to change INGO. People are still going to find something to ***** about. For crying out loud people, if you don't like the topic of the thread, DON'T READ IT!! It's that simple.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Even though we all have slightly different political, Religion, gun views we could all spend the day together shooting and have a great time.

Why? Because we are all Americans and it talks all of us to make this country work.

I dont think anyone can deny that.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    It doesn't matter what they do to change INGO. People are still going to find something to ***** about. For crying out loud people, if you don't like the topic of the thread, DON'T READ IT!! It's that simple.

shhhh, before I come over and eat your dog.:D

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    I thought i was all alone, then i read everyones responses. I don't feel alone on here anymore. I too have noticed the Christian bashing too. As tough as it sound i try to pray for those who mock me or God. But man somedays it's tough.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Even though we all have slightly different political, Religion, gun views we could all spend the day together shooting and have a great time.

Why? Because we are all Americans and it talks all of us to make this country work.

I dont think anyone can deny that.

In most cases, you are correct.

I am, however, picky about who I associate with. Online, I have limited options. In person, I have control over who I associate with. There are people here who I would not shoot with. Heck, if it weren't for my Christianity, there are people here I wouldn't pee on to put them out if they were on fire. Becoming a Christian has made me at least willing to help even an enemy if need be, though. So, there are people here that I would be willing to pee on.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute

I am, however, picky about who I associate with. Online, I have limited options. In person, I have control over who I associate with. There are people here who I would not shoot with. Heck, if it weren't for my Christianity, there are people here I wouldn't pee on to put them out if they were on fire. Becoming a Christian has made me at least willing to help even an enemy if need be, though. So, there are people here that I would be willing to pee on.

Good to know you'd pee on me Joe.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

Joe, I'd pee on you anyday :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom