• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    ^^^ This.

There is enough guilt to go around here.
    It doesn't even matter who said the 1st statement.
    If a believernon believer says somethings edgy, some members of the opposite community come rushing in to bash away, while some who share the beliefnon belief system come running to the defense.

Pick a group LEOLEO bashers, Glock loverHaters, LiberalsLibertariansConservatives or OCCCers it really doesn't matter.

The missing component from most of these discussions is respect.
    Most, who have been here for awhile know I'm Agnostic.
    I am not anti-religion. I defend a person's right to believe as they choose and respect their views.

That respect has, in most cases, been returned to me once I have spelled out my viewpoint.
    In cases in which it hasn't, Fletch said it best, some people are just jerks.

:+1: I still really, really like Beavers though.:yesway:

LCPer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You know I for one enjoy a good debate on religion with fellow Christians. The trouble seems to be that if a non-believer sees such a thread anywhere be it INGO or elsewhere, such thread is taken as a threat to them. I realize there are some people calling themselves Christian that tend to bait non-believers. The reason I choose my path to follow Jesus' teaching as closely as I can (much harder to do than not) is I have found a friend that is always willing to listen to me and guide me through difficult times in my life. I know this is hard for a non-believer to understand but I am sure most Christians will agree.

Don't reject a person for their beliefs. Being a Christian is all about love. The form of love called agape. This is brotherly love. I will not go any deeper here but will try to answer any PM's of respectful content.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Oh.....never talk bad about another man's truck.
    Religion or not....them's fightin' words.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    My point with all of this is that INGO is a community. We are a very diverse community with one main thing in common; firearms. However, no community that I know of is centered around one single, solitary aspect. All of the "extra" non-firearms related threads are what really makes this place a community. We get to know about each other, our lives, our dreams, our pains. We argue, fight, and show compassion at times. All things in a community.

:+1:Well said. Threads like this make me feel like I'm at a family reunion. :laugh:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    You know I for one enjoy a good debate on religion with fellow Christians. The trouble seems to be that if a non-believer sees such a thread anywhere be it INGO or elsewhere, such thread is taken as a threat to them. I realize there are some people calling themselves Christian that tend to bait non-believers. The reason I choose my path to follow Jesus' teaching as closely as I can (much harder to do than not) is I have found a friend that is always willing to listen to me and guide me through difficult times in my life. I know this is hard for a non-believer to understand but I am sure most Christians will agree.

Don't reject a person for their beliefs. Being a Christian is all about love. The form of love called agape. This is brotherly love. I will not go any deeper here but will try to answer any PM's of respectful content.

As one of the non believes/skeptics I will say that I ignore a lot of religion threads. Also,the last category that I would put religious people would be threating.:D

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I hope I didn't pee in anyone's cereal yesterday. I was just trying to lighten that thread up a bit.
    I don't judge anyone for their religion or lack thereof.
    I judge people for what kind of person they are.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I hope I didn't pee in anyone's cereal yesterday. I was just trying to lighten that thread up a bit.
    I don't judge anyone for their religion or lack thereof.
    I judge people for what kind of person they are.

I hope you didnt pee in my cereal either!!!

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven

i am not sure i agree. i usually pass up what i consider to be blatant "look at me and how awesome my faith is" threads. but when i do respond, its not about anything being a threat to me in so much as calling people out for what i see as being superstitious, bigoted, condescending or even silly. a perfect example of that was the thread on the dangers :eek: of a Parker Bros. product. but then again, i can only speak for myself. perhaps some of the zealous atheists/anti-religion people are threatened. beats me.

but i will say that i always welcome religious conversations, as debates and tirades are pointless. i also like how several members, including yourself, extend your hand in friendship via PMs.

and i am also a firm believer that if you can't laugh sometimes, even at the serious, then you don't have the right to laugh at anyone else.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Since this forum has grown and has a population of a small city, I have noticed a small colony of folks here that dont believe in God and even some that felt the need to mock his existance on Easter of all days. Sad I think.

:+1::patriot:

Very good. Believe, don't believe; but, grow up and stop stirring the pot.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    633526520114663387-athism.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom