• Status
    Not open for further replies.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    As a 30+ year atheist, I am truly sorry for the unwarranted attacks by other nonbelievers on the Christians that they meet. I have noticed the one-sided increase in such comments recently as well.

I've found that such attacks reveal truly antisocial attitudes. After all, the Golden Rule (do unto others as you would have them do unto you) exists both in Judeo-Christian tradition and outside of it. Being non-civil is a personal choice, not a requirement of being a nonbeliever.

I know that this exists to some extent across all groups, but atheists seem to be one of two belief groups in the modern world that regularly attack others because they can't stand to co-exist with people who don't believe as they do. Such is the heritage of Madalyn Murray O'Hair, who instead of working to help both believers and nonbelievers to understand and respect each other, instead used her position as "atheist leader" to attack all representations of Christianity and try to force it out of the way so that she would never have to look at it again. If there is a hell, I'd be happy to hear that that witch is burning there.

To my co-nonbelievers, when Bill-of-Rights says "blessings" or some other Christian uses other religious language, it make life much easier if you don't feel the need to shove it down their throats. They virtually always mean well, even if they are saying something that you don't believe in. Take it in the spirit it was intended and both your life and theirs will be much better.

The U.S. will never be a society with a single religious belief, unless some group is successful at intimidating all of the others into submission. I hope that day never comes. It would be so much better if everyone could allow for others to have different beliefs and not have to impose their own. Feel free to explain your point of view if/when the discussion comes up, but there is no need to attack the other's views.

Obama's well-known exhortation to his supporters to "get in their face" was not an example of either respect or bipartisanship. It was an example of intolerance and an attempt to control via intimidation. This is not an example that should be followed by atheists either. :twocents:

Last edited:

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Well, now I'm really wondering what YOUR object in this thread is.

Do you really expect us to believe that you are not smart enough to figure out how having someone call Jesus, on Easter, a "zombie messiah" wouldn't be offensive to Christians? Is the object of your posts really to convince us that you are just rock bottom stupid?

Or, are you merely being less than honest with your repeated professions of shock that a Christian may be less than pleased by such deliberately hateful speech?

Really... I'm curious. Which is the truth?

He most certainly did NOT call Jesus a "zombie messiah". You are really stretching there. I take offense to your direct insult at me. I find your posts constantly filled with such negative rhetoric, and thereby disregard the content there-in.

He said "It's never a bad idea to train and be prepared for when zombie messiahs come back from the dead to enslave us all." Now, that is just funny. Calling Jesus a Zombie Messiah, not so much. But since that's not what was said, I found it funny. Surely you see the difference!?! I found his comments neither hateful nor offensive... yours on the other hand, I find to be both. :twocents:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    It doesn't matter what they do to change INGO. People are still going to find something to ***** about. For crying out loud people, if you don't like the topic of the thread, DON'T READ IT!! It's that simple.

5w9oqd.gif

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma

I've found that such attacks reveal truly antisocial attitudes. After all, the Golden Rule (do unto others as you would have them do unto you) exists both in Judeo-Christian tradition and outside of it. Being non-civil is a personal choice, not a requirement of being a nonbeliever.

Rockin' post dude. :rockwoot:

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    Wow....

I just have this to say, and it's in response to ALL of the religious talk that's been going on lately, not just this thread.

What's the purpose of INGO? Is it to spread your beliefs, or your non beliefs? Is it to recruit others to your religion, or lack thereof? Maybe it's to condemn others beliefs (or lack thereof)....

Oh wait, that's right! It's supposed to be a place where Hoosier gun enthusiasts can come together to share their interests related to firearms, shooting, and related activities.

For the record, I believe in God, and I worship in my own way. You won't find me coming on here talking about it, preaching about it, or trying to convince others to join me, I don't make religious comments in posts, and I'm sorry, but I don't think anyone else should be either. You're sidetracking the interest of the forum as a whole, and causing all of these little rifts and divides.

This isn't an Indiana religious forum, and to be honest, I'm a bit surprised that the management has letten this get to the point that it has lately, as it seems to be an ever increasing area of concern. Just my :twocents:
    Flame away....

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Wow....

I just have this to say, and it's in response to ALL of the religious talk that's been going on lately, not just this thread.

What's the purpose of INGO? Is it to spread your beliefs, or your non beliefs? Is it to recruit others to your religion, or lack thereof? Maybe it's to condemn others beliefs (or lack thereof)....

Oh wait, that's right! It's supposed to be a place where Hoosier gun enthusiasts can come together to share their interests related to firearms, shooting, and related activities.

For the record, I believe in God, and I worship in my own way. You won't find me coming on here talking about it, preaching about it, or trying to convince others to join me, I don't make religious comments in posts, and I'm sorry, but I don't think anyone else should be either. You're sidetracking the interest of the forum as a whole, and causing all of these little rifts and divides.

This isn't an Indiana religious forum, and to be honest, I'm a bit surprised that the management has letten this get to the point that it has lately, as it seems to be an ever increasing area of concern. Just my :twocents:
    Flame away....

No flaming from here...I couldn't have said it better myself.

ZZzzzziipppp!

Oh. Never mind...

It's good to know I have friends.:):

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Wow. Everybody was arguing and then Joe said he would pee on us and now we are all getting along. Good work Joe! :rockwoot:

There has been too much sadness on the board lately. I figured a giggle was needed :D

And since Fletch has pointed out that people pay for it, now I'm thinking I don't need to be so stressed about finding a real job!! Though I'm thinking that's a career choice that the church may whisper about...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Wow. Everybody was arguing and then Joe said he would pee on us and now we are all getting along. Good work Joe! :rockwoot:
    9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Attaboy Joe.

Redneckmedic, I colored it for you ahead of time :D

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I thought i was all alone, then i read everyones responses. I don't feel alone on here anymore. I too have noticed the Christian bashing too.

dont be so dramatic. there is bashing of many things on this board... including some rabid anti-(insert Christian sect here)ism by so-called Christians

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

Thank you. Personally, I'm sick of all the potshots, bickering and whining taking place over several recent religion-oriented threads. It is driving wedges amongst INGO members where there needn't be any, and is, frankly, making this place a drag.

I'm a bit surprised that the management has letten this get to the point that it has lately, as it seems to be an ever increasing area of concern.

What would you have us do? If we moderate, we are accused of censorship or being "anti-Christian". If we don't, we're accused of letting a few people shout down any opposing viewpoints.

I'm a hot second from closing all of those threads, just out of frustration.

FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    Yep, and then the person who was offended because someone made fun of Jesus starting telling others to lick his b***s because they said he drives a Dodge. Kind of hard to take the high ground from there in my opinion.

And to bring up the Dodge, that person had to know that the truck was something that was left to me after my dad passed away. I posted pictures of it on here with the story of how it belonged to my dad. So to bring it up on easter while mocking God. It hit a nerve.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    And to bring up the Dodge, that person had to know that the truck was something that was left to me after my dad passed away. I posted pictures of it on here with the story of how it belonged to my dad. So to bring it up on easter while mocking God. It hit a nerve.

And that does go a long way towards explaining your response. I think I even remember that post, but I didn't put two and two together at the time.

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    Hey, I have a great idea,why not practice the religion or lack of as you believe and leave the other party out of it...we may be on the up hill struggle of things but it is still America. We have a right to practice whatever religion or lack of we choose,and if you don't like the other guys opion,shut up and move on. It takes 2 people to have a argument or debate,1 person talking to themselves,religious or not makes em look crazy...end of rant,now post something about glocks or 1911's or high points and lets get back to bickering about guns,hence the name INGO.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    I tend not to even bring up religion. I have my beliefs other people have thiers and to be honest I could care less what they are. Dont push yours on me and I wont push mine on you. Only in America :patriot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom