• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    They usually call little pacivists like this, punk bit#h, but I can see you would like to exercise your 1st ammendment rights and expound about a person's ego that you have never met. What a PUNK! just to remind you, we have had several people petitioning our rights with the castle doctrine in our state and any exercise of our Constitutional Rights should be embraced, ego or not. Punk! But you just keep on talking and telling the people how dumb they are. Punk! That's your freedom of expression in the constitution, so please defend that for us with your lips punk!

So here's your in-thread warning for multiple violations of the rules.

Post back in this thread again and you'll be sent on a mandatory vacation.

:mods:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    picture.php
    :mods:
    picture.php
    picture.php
    :nuts::rofl:

Just sayin...

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    The Castleton office deals directly with the stores in this state, while corporate office in Cincinnati does not. Much better chance of your complaint not being lost in the ether when you deal locally. Granted, the 1-800 number does route through a call center in Ohio (Blue Ash, I think?), it still does reach the store manager. But if you want to go higher than store management, the division office is the place to go. They may try to refer you back to the 1-800 number, but be insistent that you talk to PR. Don't try to go through a district manager, however. You can beg and plead and no store will give out their phone number, much less which store their office is located at.

Also, if anyone wants to plan a OC event there, count me in as another willing participant.
    I wasn't suggesting the 800 number but rather the direct paid line to the corporate office followed by a few transfers until you get to someone in a executive position that will likely be so ticked off that a consumer took the time and trouble to go that high up that heads would roll over it. That's what I did repeatedly when the employee shot and killed the robber a few months ago.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    The mods have spoken!

Anyways, to get back on track...the OP was within his rights legally and krogers policy, however the manager knowingly or unknowingly refused to acknowledge the state law and kroger's policy that sides with the law.

IMHO, refusing service to somebody who is LEGALLY carrying a gun should fit in the discrimation laws, but it has been pointed out that this isn't the case.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    The mods have spoken!

Anyways, to get back on track...the OP was within his rights legally and krogers policy, however the manager knowingly or unknowingly refused to acknowledge the state law and kroger's policy that sides with the law.

IMHO, refusing service to somebody who is LEGALLY carrying a gun should fit in the discrimation laws, but it has been pointed out that this isn't the case.
    No, the manager was abiding by the state law and telling the OCer that he needed to leave...in accordance with the law. It goes both ways, that's why they are perfectly safe in saying that they will go with the state law as a policy. It is sort of a way of saying the law allows them to do whatever they want and that's just what they will do without actually saying it in those words.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    No, the manager was abiding by the state law and telling the OCer that he needed to leave...in accordance with the law. It goes both ways, that's why they are perfectly safe in saying that they will go with the state law as a policy. It is sort of a way of saying the law allows them to do whatever they want and that's just what they will do without actually saying it in those words.

The manager asked the OP to leave based on "company policy" that forbids firearms, however the actual company policy does not forbid firearms as it follows state laws...

The manager just doesn't want a law abiding gun carrier in his/her store...

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    conceal carry for me for this reason cause i cant get a straight answer on the open carry...this is just another example of why I conceal carry
    Wait... What?

What questions are you trying to get a straight answer to? CC and OC are both 100% legal so long as you're not somewhere you should not be (i.e. school, etc...). If you can CC somewhere, you can OC there too.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    conceal carry for me for this reason cause i cant get a straight answer on the open carry...this is just another example of why I conceal carry

Wait... What?

What questions are you trying to get a straight answer to? CC and OC are both 100% legal so long as you're not somewhere you should not be (i.e. school, etc...). If you can CC somewhere, you can OC there too.

Exactly what I was wondering. The ISP website says it's legal. There have been Open Carry events in downtown Indy, with IMPD on tv stating that open carry is legal.. so what more of a straight answer do you want maxmayem, a sign from God writing OPEN CARRY IS GOOD in the sky?:dunno:

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Exactly what I was wondering. The ISP website says it's legal. There have been Open Carry events in downtown Indy, with IMPD on tv stating that open carry is legal.. so what more of a straight answer do you want maxmayem, a sign from God writing OPEN CARRY IS GOOD in the sky?:dunno:

I had my LTHL since 2008...I have open carried almost everywhere except some of my wife's relative houses, and that's is to just avoid an argument.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    How about this:

"Dear Kroger,

I was asked this evening to leave one of your stores because I was carrying a gun in plain sight. I realize that I could carry my gun in a concealed fashion, and disturb no one, and not cause any commotion in your store that might cost you a sale, but I have this ego thing that makes me want to be Clint Eastwood and carry my gun so people can see that I'm somebody. If I had to carry it concealed, I couldn't show off and would be nobody.

Thank you for exercising your property owner rights and safeguarding your financial bottom line. I fully agree that there is no reason for me, or anyone, to carry a firearm in open sight in an environment where it may not be appreciated and cost a merchant business. I didn't think. I'll try harder next time."

Tweek that a little and fire it off to Kroger.

How about, dear Bill of Rights,
    I realize I have the option to carry a handgun of my choosing but since Jake here disagrees with my right and my choice to carry openly, I wont. Hopefully we can all soon get a list of Jakes dos and donts so we will know better.He will be by later to put you in the shredder. THANKS!

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    I had my LTHL since 2008...I have open carried almost everywhere except some of my wife's relative houses, and that's is to just avoid an argument.

License To Host Luncheon? :rockwoot:

I, as well, have carried regularly at multiple Kroger's (and one I frequent in Greenwood/SS weekly with nothing more than a "nice gun" remark).
    It's unfortunate how one-sided someone can be when they're trying to uphold their ego on the job (as a manager)...
    Which is why it's a great idea to politely and quickly say,
    "I respect your authority and your request to leave but just want you to know you're going against Indiana gun law as well as Kroger's policy."

-Followed by a letter/phone call to corporate (if that makes you feel better) and post on an Indiana LawAbiding Gun Owners site about the experience! :rockwoot:

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    How about, dear Bill of Rights,
    I realize I have the option to carry a handgun of my choosing but since Jake here disagrees with my right and my choice to carry openly, I wont. Hopefully we can all soon get a list of Jakes dos and donts so we will know better.He will be by later to put you in the shredder. THANKS!

There are a lot of uneducated, simple-minded people who post on this forum. For the most part, it's the same on any website forum. There is nothing wrong with being uneducated or simple-minded; it describes the majority of Americans. We come here from a quite gregarious background of experiences, educations and intellects. With that preface.....

We can carry openly in a lot of places. We can do so without infringing on anyone else in many of them. However, there are places where open carry is trumped by another, MUCH MORE IMPORTANT right: Property rights. If you want to carry openly on a public sidewalk, you can do so all day long w/o infringing on someone else's rights. The moment you enter a private business, however, you bring your openly carried gun into an environment where other patrons may exit the store solely because you are there. If so, you have cost the merchant business. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO CARRY A FIREARM, OPENLY OR CONCEALED, ON PRIVATE PROPERTY. The property owner, or their employees who are charged with protecting the bottom-line of the business, can and SHOULD ask you to leave if it is their belief that your presence is costing them a dime in potential profit. No, they are NOT going against "Indiana law", Kroger policy, etc. Educate yourselves before you spew such nonsense which immediately categorizes you with the uneducated.

No, it is NOT Kroger policy that you can carry openly in their store. Kroger has no stated policy either way. Kroger's property rights must ALWAYS trump your 2nd Amendment rights. Always. It doesn't take a store manager to ask you to leave. The moment you are asked to leave by an employee of the store, you are legally obligated to do so. There is ZERO reason for someone to openly carry a gun in a grocery store. Someone who does so not only demonstrates an intellect & maturity insufficient to be carrying a gun in the first place, they also become the enemy of all who responsibly carry a gun. It is IDIOTS who are constantly trying to provoke by openly carrying their gun, so they can be somebody, who threatens the gun rights of all of us. It is this nonsense that will eventually cost all of us the right to carry, open or not. Use some common sense.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Last edited:

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    There is ZERO reason for someone to openly carry a gun in a grocery store. Someone who does so not only demonstrates an intellect & maturity insufficient to be carrying a gun in the first place, they also become the enemy of all who responsibly carry a gun. It is IDIOTS who are constantly trying to provoke by openly carrying their gun, so they can be somebody, who threatens the gun rights of all of us. It is this nonsense that will eventually cost all of us the right to carry, open or not. Use some common sense.

Lots of reason to OC, depending on the neighborhood you live. I have OC'd at a lot of establishments depednig on the clothes I wear and even in the Kroger I shop at without incident and there is a local LEO in the store most of time. All he has ever said was "hi" and I respond back.

Just because someone OC's does not mean they are trying to provoke anyone. As far as the intellect & maturity insufficient to be carrying a gun, sounds like that maybe those that oppose OC and calls us IDIOTS or try to force their opinions on those of us that do OC, are the ones that lack the intellect & maturity insufficient to be carrying a gun. Makes a reasonable person wonder what you would if you see someone in public OC'ing. Would you approach him and chastize him in public, be careful, depending on how you say it and what you say, a reasonable person could take it as a threat. Then who is wrong and who makes an idiot out of themslef. JMHO :dunno:

Last edited:

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    I would, and have, told people to f##k off when approached about carrying. See what they do. Manager:"I'm calling the police" Me:"Good, they can explain my right to carry." Or, Manager:" You can't carry in here, store policy" Me: "show me the policy." And the maybe a "f##k off" and leave. Also, get the name of the security company and rant to them about their " trained, professional security officers" not knowing the policies for the places they "secure" I hope everything goes well with your issue. I have carried at Kroger many times. I would also mention the story of the employee who shot a robber with the gun he was carrying.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    There are a lot of uneducated, simple-minded people who post on this forum. For the most part, it's the same on any website forum. There is nothing wrong with being uneducated or simple-minded; it describes the majority of Americans. We come here from a quite gregarious background of experiences, educations and intellects. With that preface.....

We can carry openly in a lot of places. We can do so without infringing on anyone else in many of them. However, there are places where open carry is trumped by another, MUCH MORE IMPORTANT right: Property rights. If you want to carry openly on a public sidewalk, you can do so all day long w/o infringing on someone else's rights. The moment you enter a private business, however, you bring your openly carried gun into an environment where other patrons may exit the store solely because you are there. If so, you have cost the merchant business. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO CARRY A FIREARM, OPENLY OR CONCEALED, ON PRIVATE PROPERTY. The property owner, or their employees who are charged with protecting the bottom-line of the business, can and SHOULD ask you to leave if it is their belief that your presence is costing them a dime in potential profit. No, they are NOT going against "Indiana law", Kroger policy, etc. Educate yourselves before you spew such nonsense which immediately categorizes you with the uneducated.

No, it is NOT Kroger policy that you can carry openly in their store. Kroger has no stated policy either way. Kroger's property rights must ALWAYS trump your 2nd Amendment rights. Always. It doesn't take a store manager to ask you to leave. The moment you are asked to leave by an employee of the store, you are legally obligated to do so. There is ZERO reason for someone to openly carry a gun in a grocery store. Someone who does so not only demonstrates an intellect & maturity insufficient to be carrying a gun in the first place, they also become the enemy of all who responsibly carry a gun. It is IDIOTS who are constantly trying to provoke by openly carrying their gun, so they can be somebody, who threatens the gun rights of all of us. It is this nonsense that will eventually cost all of us the right to carry, open or not. Use some common sense.

Again you sir prove you are a moron. I have EVERY right to carry anywhere allowed by LAW untill the property owners/employee asks me not to. So if I or anyone else chooses to exercise that right it is up to us, not YOU or your opinon of where we should or shouldnt! Then it is the Property owner/employee's RIGHT by law AGAIN to ask us to leave. You basically said you shouldnt open carry anywhere. And it is MY choice to open carry ANYWHERE the law deems fit, and by doing so when I open carry I respect the RIGHTS of property owners/employees to exercise those SAME RIGHTS to ask me to leave because when I open carry I know there is a chance it can happen.YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO CARRY A FIREARM, OPENLY OR CONCEALED, ON PRIVATE PROPERTY UNTIL ASKED TO LEAVE AS LONG AS IT ISNT A ILLEGAL PLACE BY LAW. THATS WHAT THE 2ND AMENDMENT IS! Kroger's rights do not TRUMP my second amendment rights, they just dont allow it on their property. My right to bear arms is STILL IN EFFECT, they have no RIGHT to disarm me. They can only ask I do it elsewhere. And you can get stopped for open carrying on a sidewalk if someone scared calls the cops on you, so by your logic I cannot carry on the sidewalk because it intimidates people.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom