• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wrong. The cop has passed multiple tests to determine if he has the maturity and intellect to carry in such an environment. He has been trained regarding use of his weapon and situations he might encounter. He is calm, level-headed, and trusted by the community. Society recognizes the hurdle he has jumped for the privilege. So does the store owner, who doesn't see him as a threat to his profit margin.

If you're really trying to convince anyone that he is equal to the backwoods bumpkins who are on an ego trip in your neighborhood Kroger, just looking for someone to provoke (it's the only reason they open carry in the first place), you are going to have to try much harder. Different as night and day.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=eqn%2Crate_low%3D0.006%2Crate_high%3D0.006%2Cmin_length%3D2&gs_nf=1&cp=16&gs_mss=off%2B&pq=off%2Bduty%2Bofficer%20discharges%20weapon&gs_id=41&xhr=t&q=off%2Bduty%2Bofficer+discharges+weapon&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&oq=off%2Bduty%2Bofficer+discharges+weapon&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=af73696fe4de10c7&biw=1366&bih=641
    Like, you means these guys...?

Or did you mean these guys?
    http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=eqn%2Crate_low%3D0.006%2Crate_high%3D0.006%2Cmin_length%3D2&gs_nf=1&dc=discharges%20weapon&ac=7&gs_mss=off%2B&pq=off%2Bduty%2Bofficer%20discharges%20weapon&cp=24&gs_id=4x&xhr=t&q=off%2Bduty%2Bofficer+charged&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&oq=off%2Bduty%2Bofficer+charged&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=af73696fe4de10c7&biw=1366&bih=641

A few posts back Jake you had me ready to +rep you until you resorted to name calling anyone who openly carried. Your points were well stated and I did agree with some of the logic you presented but you have to agree there are those of us who act responsibly with our fire arms, receive training, and maintain certain standards when we carry. Law enforcement makes mistakes as well but they get a pass because they are simply law enforcement?

Where's the logic there?

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    This thread makes me puzzled.

Why are you guys spending so much time in grocery stores?

Dont you have women for that?

My wife knows her role, stay pregnant, wash dishes, cook food, cut grass.

Just sayin.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    So you wouldn't be pissed off if your wife was kicked out for OCing?

:D

It would never happen.

Guys with guns are ugly and scary.

Girls with guns are sexy and hot.

I will illustrate.

Pick a number between 1 and 10.

Last edited:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    It would never happen.

Guys with guns are ugly and scary.

Girls with guns are sexy and hot.

I will illustrate.

Pick a number between 1 and 10.

Though I normally won't intentionally walk into a dangerous situation, I am somehow drawn, like a moth to the flame........

I'll take what's behind door #3, Monty

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Before someone chiimes in with a CC statement, I'd rather be asked to leave than have to cover up somehing I am not ashamed of.

May I test this logic please? Let's assume theoretically that you're not ashamed of your butt cheeks and decide to do your Krogering in a thong. Kroger has no policy forbidding one from shopping in a thong as far as I know. While your shameless butt cheeks may not be much concern to you, nor others' cheeks, I'm pretty sure some may have a problem with it. It's simply not the norm.

People are learning more and more that they cannot trust 'anybody' thanks to the dwinding level of civility and respect found in society. Seeing somebody they don't trust 'wearing a gun' isn't going to change anybody's mind.

Until there are rabid zombies on every street corner, OC is going to be difficult to sell simply because the threat level for most of society is perceived to be low. I'm sure most here would agree thst there is a prevalent false sense of security held by the general public. Open carry folks are are getting ahead of themselves just a bit in relation to the percieved amount of danger presented by threat of violence in everyday life. If the Taliban became active in larger communities, I would venture a guess and say there would be no opposition to OC at all. It would likely be welcomed as long as the OC'er wasn't wearing a turban.

Until the perceived level of danger in everyday life is intense enough to break into the consciousness of mainstream society, CC is the correct answer for carrying and avoiding problems with the uninformed and ignorant populace.

If one wishes to draw attention to him/herself for whatever reason, whether wanted or not, then OC to your hearts' content and have a blast......no pun intended.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Though I normally won't intentionally walk into a dangerous situation, I am somehow drawn, like a moth to the flame........

I'll take what's behind door #3, Monty

ok when you search "Google Images" for "Girl Carrying Gun" and pick the #3 image as you selected, you get this.

girls-and-guns-02.jpg

the same search with the term "dude" replacing "Girl".

It's%20comforting%20to%20know%20a%20guy%20carrying%20a%20machine%20gun%20can%20barely%20see%5B5%5D.jpg

Which one would you kick out of your store? :)

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    ok when you search "Google Images" for "Girl Carrying Gun" and pick the #3 image as you selected, you get this.

girls-and-guns-02.jpg

the same search with the term "dude" replacing "Girl".

It's%20comforting%20to%20know%20a%20guy%20carrying%20a%20machine%20gun%20can%20barely%20see%5B5%5D.jpg

Which one would you kick out of your store? :)

lol....rep for you

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    May I test this logic please? Let's assume theoretically that you're not ashamed of your butt cheeks and decide to do your Krogering in a thong. Kroger has no policy forbidding one from shopping in a thong as far as I know. While your shameless butt cheeks may not be much concern to you, nor others' cheeks, I'm pretty sure some may have a problem with it. It's simply not the norm.

People are learning more and more that they cannot trust 'anybody' thanks to the dwinding level of civility and respect found in society. Seeing somebody they don't trust 'wearing a gun' isn't going to change anybody's mind.

Until there are rabid zombies on every street corner, OC is going to be difficult to sell simply because the threat level for most of society is perceived to be low. I'm sure most here would agree thst there is a prevalent false sense of security held by the general public. Open carry folks are are getting ahead of themselves just a bit in relation to the percieved amount of danger presented by threat of violence in everyday life. If the Taliban became active in larger communities, I would venture a guess and say there would be no opposition to OC at all. It would likely be welcomed as long as the OC'er wasn't wearing a turban.

Until the perceived level of danger in everyday life is intense enough to break into the consciousness of mainstream society, CC is the correct answer for carrying and avoiding problems with the uninformed and ignorant populace.

If one wishes to draw attention to him/herself for whatever reason, whether wanted or not, then OC to your hearts' content and have a blast......no pun intended.

While I do not have a problem with your comments - in fact I agree with most - you are kicking this site's sacred cow right in the udder.

You might want to clarify that you are not advocating running from your God given right to OC just to placate public idiots? Also, that you are not calling OC'rs "attention whores". Also, that you are not passing tactical judgement on OC. I think that might cover it...

:popcorn:

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011

So what suggestions would you give, as to what people could do to help restore this trust and civility, while maintaining a persons right to carry a firearm in the manner they see fit?

Perhaps if the general populace were to see more people wearing guns, they wouldn't be so alarmed by it and there would be less MWAG calls on people whom are law abiding persons going about their day while exercising their right to self defence.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If more people wore thongs in Kroger...

it would be Wal-Mart. :D

I got a c-note on the first person that wears an exposed thong and a t-shirt at a Kroger.
    (Must, actually, enter the store and attempt to purchase something)

Any takers?

Top Bottom